• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What is This?

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I got on my PC this morning and saw I had a drive under devices that I didn't recognize.

There is a pic below. If you can't tell what I've highlighted, [I know the highlighting is light] it is Local Drive Z.

unrec drive.jpg

Maybe you inserted a memory card or plugged something in your USB drive.

Ya sounds like you found an old camera card, I'm betting. Man, 256 megs. .....how far we've gotten. Lol. I'm wishing I had 256 TB's to toy with.

No...I fixed it a few hours ago. Had to do a "Clean Boot", and in fixed it right up.

and, I'm not the only person this has happened too. I did a Bing search for "unknown drive" and, it seems to have happened to a lot of people.

all said the same thing, "Local Drive Z" no info on what it was/is.

P.S. The only drives I have [beside the basic]] are my PNY pen drive, and an ext. hard drive [that I'm not using]

There is something called a Zombie Attack. Where hackers use your computer or laptop's hard drive to store their files. Usually these are of course nasty files that people dont want on their hard drive. Perhaps the Z drive is a reference to the "Zombie" usuage.

to Kurc: Maybe, but I wouldn't think so. The "Z" looked to be the drive letter [as in Local Disk (C:)] but with a Z for the drive.

Drive Letters are usually assigned alphabetically so finding a Z is a bit strange. I never seen one. LOL

Drive Letters are usually assigned alphabetically so finding a Z is a bit strange. I never seen one. LOL

me either. The highest I've seen was on an old desktop, and I think it was "J". But I have saw drives skip letters before, like now, I have drive C, D, and H, but never saw E, F or G.

Drives usually skip when its a different device. Floppy drives used to be A: or B: then the hard drives were C: D: or E:, then removable drives like Zip or Flash would be F: G: or H: for example.

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back