• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Nintendo Switch

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
For those of you that are wondering about the NX. I watched the youtube vid of it yesterday, and one thing stood out at me.

It does NOT have a disc or cartridge slot, which means the games will have to be downloaded off Nintendo's network. Now, some of you might be saying “That's no big deal”, but for people like me [and, I know I can't be the only one], with slow high-speed [just fast enough to be considered high-speed] this comes as a problem.

I have bought all of Nintendo's consoles since the first NES, but I might have to let this one slide.

I just hope Nintendo hasn't started a trend that the others will follow.

Now, to be clear, this is not too bad with sports games, which are normally not that big [memory wise], but when you think of games like “Mario” and “Zelda”. You could very well be looking at over 100 GB if not closer to a TB.

So, my final thoughts on this one is. They make Nintendo for young kids [and some die-hard gamers]. What kid is going to want to wait to play the game they just bought? I know, as a kid, I didn't want to wait that long. I really think Nintendo will lose money on this one.

I the video you can then place a game into the system. It looks something like an SD Card or a 3DS game.

I the video you can then place a game into the system. It looks something like an SD Card or a 3DS game.

It must have been a different video than the one I saw. Do you have a link to it?

For those of you that are wondering about the NX. I watched the youtube vid of it yesterday, and one thing stood out at me.

It does NOT have a disc or cartridge slot, which means the games will have to be downloaded off Nintendo's network. Now, some of you might be saying “That's no big deal”, but for people like me [and, I know I can't be the only one], with slow high-speed [just fast enough to be considered high-speed] this comes as a problem.

I have bought all of Nintendo's consoles since the first NES, but I might have to let this one slide.

I just hope Nintendo hasn't started a trend that the others will follow.

Now, to be clear, this is not too bad with sports games, which are normally not that big [memory wise], but when you think of games like “Mario” and “Zelda”. You could very well be looking at over 100 GB if not closer to a TB.

So, my final thoughts on this one is. They make Nintendo for young kids [and some die-hard gamers]. What kid is going to want to wait to play the game they just bought? I know, as a kid, I didn't want to wait that long. I really think Nintendo will lose money on this one.

Nintendo has been slowly losing grip ever since it went to disc. Not to say bad, just they come across as a big company made from a lot of small ideas. After the wii I decided I would wait until prices dropped significantly with Wii U.

I do think they're using an SD card or something lately. They are still "produced" at some mass, I think.

Now, as far as size. ...to give you a rough idea, GameCube discs were an average of 1.5 gigs. Wii discs, 6 gigs. How do I know? Pc gamers love the idea of emulation.

So assuming Wii U hasn't changed disc formats, there can't be a substantial difference in size. A PC game at max these days gets up to around 50 gigs.

All things considered, along with the fact TB is still "big" to people for now, you're safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Check the .54 mark. I can also tell you that Nintendo said that isn't the main Home Console in the video. There's more to it.

Thanks, jluv! It was the same video I watched, but I missed the 54 second mark. or actually I saw it, but thought it was a stylis, or something.

This time, I paused it @ .54, and got a better look.

So, I wonder if they will make a Pokémon game for it [The best line of games on the 3DS, IMO]

I would wait until prices dropped significantly with Wii U. Pc gamers love the idea of emulation.

Yeah. The Wii U was a real let-down I only have like two or three games for it.

And, trust me, I am no stranger to the Emulators. I have had an NES. an SNES, a PS1, [Edit: I mean PS2] and for a little while a Gameboy Emu.

Last edited:
No problem. I guess I know where part of my tax return is going in March. I want that PS VR but I'm afraid it might end up just like Kinect. Also I can't wait for that Red Dead Redemption 2. Not sure if you seen the trailer for it or not?

No problem. I guess I know where part of my tax return is going in March. I want that PS VR but I'm afraid it might end up just like Kinect. Also I can't wait for that Red Dead Redemption 2. Not sure if you seen the trailer for it or not?

If you're set on VR, my perspective is experience it on a platform that supports higher than 30FPS (look up the difference between 30 and 60) because I'm hearing chatter about VR not holding up well at that speed. Red Dead sounds cool. I remember playing a lot of the original.

Yeah. The Wii U was a real let-down I only have like two or three games for it.

And, trust me, I am no stranger to the Emulators. I have had an NES. an SNES, a PS1, [Edit: I mean PS2] and for a little while a Gameboy Emu.

Was it? I thought the idea of having a tablet on a console was pretty cool but the thing is. .....Nintendo doesn't like being much other than Nintendo. Eventually I needed to get a 360. ....and soon after I wanted to build the mega box, shove a graphics card in, and get everything running the way they should be. ....

I ripped my GameCube/wii games myself. Thing about wii Emu is there's so many damn attachments and I just want to play with my 360 controller

I swear to god if they come out with another console that requires me to either get off the couch (something I do not want to have to do after work) or play the game by using yet another console then it's gonna ruffle my jammies!

Was it? I thought the idea of having a tablet on a console was pretty cool

I'm not talking about the build of it. It has great potential, but Nintendo fell short on the game side of it.

Short of Mario and Donkey Kong Country, there is not many good games for it.

I think too, it really hurts Nintendo that Red Box doesn't rent out their games.

I swear to god if they come out with another console that requires me to either get off the couch (something I do not want to have to do after work) or play the game by using yet another console then it's gonna ruffle my jammies!

I take it you mean the Wii. Yeah, that was bad. Just speaking for myself here, but I don't have a lot of room to go swinging and jabbing the Wii-mote around.

My fav Wii games were the ones you got to set down and play, like DKC, and Rune Factory [Tides not Frontier]

Last edited:
To the OP: It works with small cartridges, similar to SD cards. This has been officially confirmed by Big N.

Also, with a nickname like yours, looks like you were born to post in this sub-section. Just for that, Myriads should make you a moderator or something ^_^

To be honest, this is the first Nintendo console I am actually interested in. The N64 was mainly a joke, except for Goldeneye, the Gamecube was just a toy, the Wii was too casual, and the WiiU does not even bother to exist. But I am very intrigued by the concept, and it helps to see that apparently it is gonna be an actual console, which will feature solid licenses and not just Nintendo's kiddie stuff. I will see how it turns out in the months/years following its release, but I am very interested.

I'm not talking about the build of it. It has great potential, but Nintendo fell short on the game side of it.

Short of Mario and Donkey Kong Country, there is not many good games for it.

I think too, it really hurts Nintendo that Red Box doesn't rent out their games.

Oh. ya, people generally say they make great hardware for syncing up with computers.

I Remember when they thought "core" gaming meant releasing M-rated games with "shit" and "fuck" every thirty seconds in titles such as House of The Dead, No More Heroes, and Madworld. None of which were bad, but they seemed to try really hard.

To the OP: Also, with a nickname like yours, looks like you were born to post in this sub-section. Just for that, Myriads should make you a moderator or something ^_^

I take it by "The OP", you mean original poster. Being a moderator would be a high honor, and, maybe someday.

As for now, I am just not ready for such a title.

I Remember when they thought "core" gaming meant releasing M-rated games with "shit" and "fuck" every thirty seconds in titles such as House of The Dead, No More Heroes, and Madworld. None of which were bad, but they seemed to try really hard.

Yeah. Nintendo is more for kids, so I don't think they would ever do, even a game like X-one's GTA 5.

and, to hit on what you said earlier, about a Master System. I have often thought about something like that, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Yeah. Nintendo is more for kids, so I don't think they would ever do, even a game like X-one's GTA 5.

and, to hit on what you said earlier, about a Master System. I have often thought about something like that, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Well people aren't going to pack "the box" because it means less money-milking if they do. But youtube channels like "games repainted" are showing if you want, you can turn Zelda into a land of memes.

I think Simpsons Hit n Run was as close as Nintendo got to GTA lol.

Well people aren't going to pack "the box" because it means less money-milking if they do.

I not talking about one system to play all games. It would be more like three systems, one PlayStation Master, that could play games from PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4. same with all the rest of the companies.

I guess Nintendo would have a harder time of it though. What with being the oldest one of the major three.

Then, they like to talk about who has the most games. Think of the game count of the Nintendo Master in total. I'm guessing it would be in the 2000-3000 mark [if you could find the old NES and SNES games]

I not talking about one system to play all games. It would be more like three systems, one PlayStation Master, that could play games from PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4. same with all the rest of the companies.

I guess Nintendo would have a harder time of it though. What with being the oldest one of the major three.

Then, they like to talk about who has the most games. Think of the game count of the Nintendo Master in total. I'm guessing it would be in the 2000-3000 mark [if you could find the old NES and SNES games]

That's a pretty hefty demand tho, considering most companies are selling trying to convince you with the "the old systems are shit now" marketing perspective. They want to look into the future, because that means more dollars being stuffed in their pockets. That's why virtual console stuff was so popular when it first came out. It really made people go "omg I don't want to pull out my old console to play it, I have to get this tho!". I remembered not having a turbografx 16 and going "I remember seeing Bonk's Adventure! It's an awesome game I have to play!" But honestly the PC is the way to go if you want to stay in touch with all periods of time. I remembered getting pissed with Wii at times when it'd be playing a game like "Streets of Rage" and experiencing a gameplay hiccup or slowdown. If you look, there's a scene for homebrewed games.

I want to play this game again.... https://youtu.be/rUnvNTvHMnQ

That's a pretty hefty demand tho, considering most companies are selling trying to convince you with the "the old systems are shit now" marketing perspective. They want to look into the future, because that means more dollars being stuffed in their pockets.

They would have to do a monthly fee, or something like that. but, With enough extra bang for the buck.

Like how WWE Network give you all the PPV'S and all that original programing for $10 a month [of course, I can't get WWE Net. cause I can't stream]

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back