• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sigourney Weaver

bob#10

Sigourney Weaver just told a story on the PBS Mark Twain award for Bill Murray, about how he used to tickle her between shoots.

Sigourney Weaver just told a story on the PBS Mark Twain award for Bill Murray, about how he used to tickle her between shoots.

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!!! GREAT find!!!!!!!!

There had been a reporting from WAY back (pre-TMF) - which I don't know if is true - that Bill Murray was tickling her stand-in during the shooting of "Ghostbusters". Can anyone confirm that?

This, yet again, confirms that Bill Murray was/is a major tickler. It warrants a whole paragraph in the opening chapter called "Bill" in the book "Saturday Night" about the first few casts of SNL, how he was prone to suddenly tickle attack the female cast, writers and staff (the book says he would throw them on to a couch or the floor and tickle them unmercifully into hysterics. That's practically a verbatim quote). Geena Davis reported that he tickled her during her audition for "Quick Change" in at least two interviews (the Rolling STone article about the movie "Quick Change" and then the both of them on a talk show where she talks about it).....I have the Royal Tennebaums Criterion where there is a still that looks like he's tickling Gwenyth Paltrow. There's two tickle scenes in "Stripes" and one in "Groundhog Day" (he tickles her back and she bursts out laughing and squrims away....watch it again, you'll see!) There's probably more that I can't think of.

GREAT find, thanks for reporting it bob#10!!!!

Last edited:
I've been trying to find the actual footage, and can't yet . . . I hope someone will post it. For what it's worth, Ms. Weaver is far-and-away my favorite actress from that era.

The Internet said:
There had been a reporting from WAY back (pre-TMF) - which I don't know if is true - that Bill Murray was tickling her stand-in during the shooting of "Ghostbusters". Can anyone confirm that?

It was actually Kym Herrin that he tickled while she was in a harness during the filming of the "Dream Ghost" scene. I guess he went after her feet. I love Bill Murray. :boogie:

Bill Murray Mark Twain award should either be on demand or should be on again. I'm sure someone could get it.

Way back in the beginning of TMF, it was rumored that Bill Murray was a member here...I always thought it was BS, but ya never know who really anyone is :sherlock:

OK, here's the real deal with this:

If someone has access to LexisNexis (remember, not all articles of all time are searchable on google. Somebody LexisNexis this. I'm telling you, it's there), you can find a MAINSTREAM article (sometime in the late 80s or 90s) from some film magazine that relates a behind the scenes anecdote about how there was a body double/stuntwoman of Sigourney Weaver during the scene where the possessed version of her character floats over the bed.

This scene here (remove the space before Ghostbusters):

pic:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fGpywwZI8c0/VUUHBQz1UWI/AAAAAAAAkJE/sOsWXWxKFuU/s1600/ Ghostbusters_225Pyxurz.jpg

video (the part we're talking about starts at 2:43) remove space [NO ACTUAL TICKLING IS FILMED]:
https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=Sc4g1glBT8U

According the article, the body double of S. Weaver was in there for quite some time, between shots, as filming tends to take a while sometimes. Remember in 1984 there was no CGI, so all of this stuff needed to be done with camera tricks and elaborate props. So what they did was have this stunt double in a sort of body cast from her torso to right above her knees (covered by her dress. Again, look at the pic). And it slowly spun her around over the bed. So between takes while the stuntwoman was trapped in there probably for at least an hour, Bill Murry at one point pretended he was a dog and was barking around the set and went over to the "floating" woman and started LICKING her bare feet while she was trapped in the body cast/harness. That's right, LICKING her feet, all over. I'm swear I'm not making this up. The stunt double apparently had very ticklish feet and was in hysterics. (It was NOT Sigourney Weaver herself though, which is fine by me because I never particularly found her that attractive. Good actress, but not my cup of tea. Anywho...)

Someone with access to LexisNexis, do a search for "Bill Murray ghostbusters dog feet licking" (no quotes) and it's bound to come up. I don't even think you need to type in the word "tickle" or "tickling" but that might help. But I swear that article exists.

WOW how awesome would it be if there was actual behind the scenes footage of this somewhere??

[By the way I'm going completely from my memory of reading the article, oh, about 20 years ago. (I no longer have access to lexisnexis) It could be that he tickled/licked the feet of the "dream ghost" who was also suspended, very briefly, over Dan Aykroyd, played by the SUPER HOT Kymberly Herrin:

https://dudo6el28sqqp.cloudfront.net/gothamistgallery/2016/4/11/ 54bd45ea0-square.jpeg

But I could have sworn it was the S. Weaver scene.]

Last edited:

If someone has access to LexisNexis (remember, not all articles of all time are searchable on google. Somebody LexisNexis this. I'm telling you, it's there), you can find a MAINSTREAM article (sometime in the late 80s or 90s) from some film magazine that relates a behind the scenes anecdote about how there was a body double/stuntwoman of Sigourney Weaver during the scene where the possessed version of her character floats over the bed.

pic:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fGpywwZI8c0/VUUHBQz1UWI/AAAAAAAAkJE/sOsWXWxKFuU/s1600/ Ghostbusters_225Pyxurz.jpg

video (the part we're talking about starts at 2:43) remove space [NO ACTUAL TICKLING IS FILMED]:

According the article, the body double of S. Weaver was in there for quite some time, between shots, as filming tends to take a while sometimes. Remember in 1984 there was no CGI, so all of this stuff needed to be done with camera tricks and elaborate props. So what they did was have this stunt double in a sort of body cast from her torso to right above her knees (covered by her dress. Again, look at the pic). And it slowly spun her around over the bed. So between takes while the stuntwoman was trapped in there probably for at least an hour, Bill Murry at one point pretended he was a dog and was barking around the set and went over to the "floating" woman and started LICKING her bare feet while she was trapped in the body cast/harness. That's right, LICKING her feet, all over. I'm swear I'm not making this up. The stunt double apparently had very ticklish feet and was in hysterics. (It was NOT Sigourney Weaver herself though, which is fine by me because I never particularly found her that attractive. Good actress, but not my cup of tea. Anywho...)

Someone with access to LexisNexis, do a search for "Bill Murray ghostbusters dog feet licking" (no quotes) and it's bound to come up. I don't even think you need to type in the word "tickle" or "tickling" but that might help. But I swear that article exists.

WOW how awesome would it be if there was actual behind the scenes footage of this somewhere??

[By the way I'm going completely from my memory of reading the article, oh, about 20 years ago. (I no longer have access to lexisnexis) It could be that he tickled/licked the feet of the "dream ghost" who was also suspended, very briefly, over Dan Aykroyd, played by the SUPER HOT Kymberly Herrin:

https://dudo6el28sqqp.cloudfront.net/gothamistgallery/2016/4/11/ 54bd45ea0-square.jpeg

Damn I hope
that shits"s legit

pic:

Ok, thanks for the comprehensive information; it corroborates virtually everything that I heard about this. The only extra thing was that it was Sigourney Weaver herself telling the anecdote and that she had said "It was really quite funny." So perhaps that's why you're so sure it's the Sigourney scene. (I remember it that way as well).

Anyways, thanks for providing a general source for this story: it comes from an old film mag. Thanks!!!!!

I remember reading about the Bill Murrary/body double story in the late 90s/early 2000s myself. The post above is pretty detailed, even down to the part about licking her feet. I've always wondered what the cast and crew thought of it, though - did they think it was funny, weird or just creepy that he was taking advantage of the trapped woman?

It's cool he's tickled Sigourney Weaver, though - I've often wondered what she's like when tickled; I like to think she's got a hearty laugh, but who knows?

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

https://nypost.com/ 2009/06/14/going-back-in-slime/

Weaver: The only real challenge was trying to keep a straight face. I was still at the stage in my career when I was trying to work really hard and do a good job, and Bill would see me off in the corner preparing, and he would come over and tickle me or pick me up. Just bedevil me until I burst out laughing. Invariably, it was better preparation.

I'm very fond of Ghostbusters, like most people, I guess. I read this article with great delight. It was a nice throwback. The tickling anecdote notwithstanding, I noticed one of the producers behind this pop-culture masterpiece was named "Gross". As in, a movie's gross. He was born to be in that profession IMO :blaugh:

Also, I've had a crush on Sigourney Weaver since the age of 14, when I discovered her in Alien. I wish I would have seen her tickled :wub:

Last edited:
Great find; I periodically search You Tube for her segment of the Mark Twain Bill Murray special (or the whole special itself), but have never had any luck. Bill's a 'ler, no question about it!

Last edited:
Great find; I periodically search You Tube for her segment of the Mark Twain Bill Murray special (or the whole special itself), but have never had any luck. Bill's a 'ler, no question about it!

Lol maybe he's on the TMF :D

Look at this sly devil!

a7fd6a389dcea2d988cef70b9dbfc60b--ghostbusters-cast-sigourney-weaver-ghostbusters.jpg
"Bill, I swear, if you tickle me again, I'm going to pinch you"

About 26 minutes in or so, space between forward slash and video. Wasn't sure if I should direct link:
https://www.pbs.org/ video/mark-twain-prize-bill-murray-kennedy-center-mark-twain-prize/

About 26 minutes in or so, space between forward slash and video. Wasn't sure if I should direct link:
https://www.pbs.org/ video/mark-twain-prize-bill-murray-kennedy-center-mark-twain-prize/

Wow, thanks, Killedbyanangel. At last! It was worth the wait. Talk about a clip delivering! She even says the word beautifully! She says he did it repeatedly. And that it could go on for a few minutes. Our boy got her good! ;) She even says (jokingly) "I'm always better after I've been tickled." (!) What a doll, what a trouper, must have been fun.....will never look at her the same way! :D

Here's a crappy screen capture of the speech, I'm sure someone can get a better quality version, but this should suffice for the time being. (roll off the bass a bit, if you're able to)

View attachment Sigourney Weaver used to get tickled.wmv

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back