• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Superstitions

Bator

3rd Level Black Feather
There are many superstitions in Scotland and Ireland but some of them drive us mad. It's customary to visit relatives and friends on Hogmanay {New Years Day} The superstition is called first-footing, so if the first person to visit has light hair, it's considered bad luck for the year ahead. On the other hand if the first person to visit is tall with dark hair, it's considered good luck. It goes back to when the Vikings first landed and conquered major areas in Scotland. Did you find a penny? That's a lucky penny! Find a penny, pick it up and all that day you'll have good luck. If you find a horseshoe, you're to toss it over you're left shoulder for good luck, although the person standing directly behind you might disagree lol Did you see a black bunny, because that's good luck. A bride to be is to place a silver coin in her shoe to help ensure a happy marriage. Plant a Rowan tree on your property and not far from your house, it will keep the witches away. Pass the scissors by the blades to whom you're passing them to or your friendship will be severed. Don't cross knives at the table or you'll have bad luck. Don't stir with a knife or you'll stir up strife. Don't sing at the table or you'll die in the poorhouse. Don't harm that canary you have in the cage in any way or you'll lose your voice. Don't make faces or when the wind blows it will stay that way. Poor old Angus passed away so you know what happens now, they always come in 3's. Did a wee bird just shit on your head? That's a lucky patty! It could have shit on anyone else's head but it chose to shit on yours. Anyone else?

Last edited:
In China, you do not place your chopsticks sticking upwards in a rice bowl: it is considered bad luck as it evokes the incense sticks you burn for the dead. Also, you never write the name of a person in red, because in the ancient times, red was used for death warrants.

If someone sweeps across your feet while sweeping a floor, it means you'll never get married.

Deja vu.... even sci-fi films can't escape from it, (but I try hard to have none).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Deja_Vu.jpg
    Deja_Vu.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 20
I've heard of the ones from Bohemianne and Mils, but not the ones from Tenebrae and chicago :)

Do you have an itchy ear? Someone is talking about you, it's a fact. :crazy: Do you have an itchy nose? You're looking for a fight, sorry, but you're looking for a bloody fight ;) A few years ago a friend and I stopped to let a funeral procession pass, everyone does that here out of respect. He told me to be sure not to count the vehicles in the procession as it was bad luck, which I had never heard of or had even crossed my mind before. Now whenever one passes by I have to look away or close my eyes because I want to count them so badly. I wish he hadn't told me that :D

Last edited:
I wrote an article on superstition a few years ago, everything from wishing on a wish-bone, blowing out candles on your birthday, 11:11 on a clock, tossing coins in a well, you name it. As far as I can figure it, all of it, good and bad, is an excuse, or maybe an opportunity, to stop and pay attention. It's like hitting the pause button on your normal, everyday internal dialogue in order to focus your attention on the things you want or the things you want to avoid. Same goes for praying. It's like a small time out used to get your shit in order, you know? These moments are opportunities to attempt to exert some conscious control over the reality we are already creating, mostly unconsciously.

I wrote an article on superstition a few years ago, everything from wishing on a wish-bone, blowing out candles on your birthday, 11:11 on a clock, tossing coins in a well, you name it. As far as I can figure it, all of it, good and bad, is an excuse, or maybe an opportunity, to stop and pay attention. It's like hitting the pause button on your normal, everyday internal dialogue in order to focus your attention on the things you want or the things you want to avoid. Same goes for praying. It's like a small time out used to get your shit in order, you know? These moments are opportunities to attempt to exert some conscious control over the reality we are already creating, mostly unconsciously.

What is the superstition behind blowing out the candles on your birthday cake, no one has ever explained it to me. Is it simply tradition? I don't take them all that seriously, but I do find them fascinating.

Last edited:
Traditionally, you blow out the candles on your birthday cake and make a wish. Definitely fascinating stuff, I'm with you there, and as for belief, it's one of those things that can't be proven or disproved, not really...sort of a absence of evidence doesn't necessarily mean evidence of absence.

Traditionally, you blow out the candles on your birthday cake and make a wish. Definitely fascinating stuff, I'm with you there, and as for belief, it's one of those things that can't be proven or disproved, not really...sort of a absence of evidence doesn't necessarily mean evidence of absence.

I knew you blew out the candles after you make a wish, but I was wondering what negative consequences were supposed to occur if you didn't make a wish or blow out the candles, or if there are any. Sorry for not explaining myself properly :)

Some believe that revealing your wish is bad luck...meaning it won't come true. Same goes for not blowing out all the candles at once, in one breath, both mean the wish won't come true.

Around here eating sauerkraut on New Years Day brings you good luck.

In Texas (and other Southern states) eating black eyed peas on New Years Day is said to bring good luck in the new year.

Has anyone mentioned throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder? I think that's supposed to ward off the Devil, or vampires.

Never walk under a ladder. Don't know where that comes from.

When I was a child we learned a rhyme, step on a crack (when walking on a sidewalk) break your mothers back. :shrug:

In Texas (and other Southern states) eating black eyed peas on New Years Day is said to bring good luck in the new year.

Has anyone mentioned throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder? I think that's supposed to ward off the Devil, or vampires.

Never walk under a ladder. Don't know where that comes from.

When I was a child we learned a rhyme, step on a crack (when walking on a sidewalk) break your mothers back. :shrug:

And step on a line, break your mother's spine...

Personally, I love black cats and #13 is my lucky number.

I've never heard the ones about eating sauerkraut or black eyed peas on New Years Day, I've heard of the others though. Mum used to tell me if you spill salt to throw a pinch over your shoulder and Dad would always leave by the same door he used to enter. He also wouldn't allow cherry blossoms inside the house but I never found out why.

Last edited:
Walking under ladders is not a good thing without the superstition behind it.

Well, if you walk under a ladder and the person on top drops a tool onto your head....not a good thing. Personally, I'm superstitious about threads on superstitions.

Walking under ladders is not a good thing without the superstition behind it.

Walking under ladders is not a good idea in general.

Well, if you walk under a ladder and the person on top drops a tool onto your head....not a good thing.

Well of course it isn't good rdhd. A metal wrench dropped from the height of a ladder to a person's head can cause a serious injury. ;)

Baseball players have a lot of superstitions.

Tiger Woods wears red on Sunday when he plays golf.

Idk where else this is common, but I know in the southeastern US it's considered good luck to eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day

I've always liked the "lucky penny" superstition, though a lot of people seem to forget that you're only supposed to pick them up if their heads-up; if you pick up a tails-up penny, it's bad luck.

Similarly, I've heard that horseshoes are only good luck when they're pointed upwards.

Idk where else this is common, but I know in the southeastern US it's considered good luck to eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day

Hence the song "Fergielicious"? Sorry, awful pun, I'll see myself out now... :D

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back