• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

So who here is into farming?

Entertainment was a possibility that I had not considered, but there is no reason a pet chicken can't be entertaining. Certainly the eggs that you get will be fresher than the ones I buy at Trader Joe's.

They all have very distinct personalities and habits, and one of the best parts of the day is when my wife and I have coffee outside while they do their chicken business.
The eggs are phenomenal, and I don't even like eggs.

They all have very distinct personalities and habits, and one of the best parts of the day is when my wife and I have coffee outside while they do their chicken business.
The eggs are phenomenal, and I don't even like eggs.
I have always liked eggs, in any form (scrambled, fried, over easy, sunny side, in an omelet, et cetera).

I have always liked eggs, in any form (scrambled, fried, over easy, sunny side, in an omelet, et cetera).

I don't know what they're like at Trader Joe's, but farm fresh are much different than regular store bought. Denser, more flavorful, deeper, more vibrant color....they're like eggs squared.

I don't know what they're like at Trader Joe's, but farm fresh are much different than regular store bought. Denser, more flavorful, deeper, more vibrant color....they're like eggs squared.
Trader Joe's does have high quality eggs, but they are shipped here and definitely not farm fresh. :(

I always heard that chickens were pretty friendly and actually not bad as pets. I would love to have a few as they eat crickets like crazy. Crickets can eat a plant down to its roots in a day. Very scary. :eek:

Well, you don't have to wash chicken poop off of yours, I'll bet.
Nope, no poop on the eggs from Trader Joe's. :p
I always heard that chickens were pretty friendly and actually not bad as pets. I would love to have a few as they eat crickets like crazy. Crickets can eat a plant down to its roots in a day. Very scary. :eek:
I never thought of chickens for pest control, Kurch. I am learning a lot about live chickens from this thread.

They're fun pets, actually pretty fond of people, and will climb/perch on you if allowed. When our flock was younger, we had one whose nightly ritual was to stand at my feet and wait to be picked up and put into the coop. Also, chickens go after crickets like raptors. It's a little unsettling.

They're fun pets, actually pretty fond of people, and will climb/perch on you if allowed. When our flock was younger, we had one whose nightly ritual was to stand at my feet and wait to be picked up and put into the coop. Also, chickens go after crickets like raptors. It's a little unsettling.

Thats exactly what I heard mainly from some of the Alaska shows on TV. I am not a vegan but I could never kill anything that I got attached to. So they would get to just lay eggs and be cricket terminators. LOL

Crickets are little eating machines. I have used a bio pest control method for them. They will eat almost anything and everything. I heard a pest control guy say they will even eat certain types of screen doors. :eek:

Thats exactly what I heard mainly from some of the Alaska shows on TV. I am not a vegan but I could never kill anything that I got attached to. So they would get to just lay eggs and be cricket terminators. LOL

Crickets are little eating machines. I have used a bio pest control method for them. They will eat almost anything and everything. I heard a pest control guy say they will even eat certain types of screen doors. :eek:

Right. Like I mentioned to Mils, if anything wanders onto our property (happens a lot) and gets named, it's a pet. Our birds will die of old age (now that they're protected from the bald eagles). We also have a raccoon that we feed nightly. Never seen him, just the little tracks in the dirt.

Right. Like I mentioned to Mils, if anything wanders onto our property (happens a lot) and gets named, it's a pet. Our birds will die of old age (now that they're protected from the bald eagles). We also have a raccoon that we feed nightly. Never seen him, just the little tracks in the dirt.

I did the same thing with our squirrels. Even the neighbors cat who is now known as Mr Kitty. Mr Kitty spends more time in my yard then the neighbors. Mainly cause he can pretend to be a jungle cat in my yard. LOL

I did the same thing with our squirrels. Even the neighbors cat who is now known as Mr Kitty. Mr Kitty spends more time in my yard then the neighbors. Mainly cause he can pretend to be a jungle cat in my yard. LOL

In the early 80's I rented one side of a duplex from an elderly woman. She had the squirrels trained to eat out of her hand, some of them would scamper up her arms and perch on her shoulders. The people next door had cats and Mrs. S hated them.

That's awesome.

true but in in ny and ny sucks..lol

But our esteemed, illustrious, all-knowing governor wants to open up hemp farming to make millionaires out of anybody who'll start growing it (millionaires pay more taxes, for one thing, especially here in NYS).

I hear that hemp and marijuana, both being variants of Cannabis sativa, look and smell so much alike that once we get the official O.K. from Albany, I'll forswear other crops and intermingle both in my field come the beginning of the frost-free growing season--which up here in the hills doesn't begin until about Memorial Day. :snow:

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back