• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Scam/Spam Calls

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I don't think there is a way but thought I would ask.

Is there any way to do a mass number block [more than one number at a time] on your phone?

We are getting over 100 calls a day, and I'll say we only know 5% of them [some days 0%]. I know you can block numbers one at a time, but with all the numbers calling now, I am guessing it would take a better part of a day to block them all.

It's gotten to the point that some days, me [or my parents] can't even take a nap, or at times, even have time to think.

We went to the police [I did a little internet research on one of the numbers, had a lot of, IMO, good info], but their advice, instead of doing anything, they told us to “just don't answer them, they will stop” Well, if anything, they got worse.

I'll tell you, they are not helping with the stress of, not just myself, but my parents too.

My dad has threatened [jokingly] about jerking the phone out of the wall.

I believe there is a list you can put your number on to avoid these calls but dont know more than that. I dont know anyone that still has a landline tbh

I believe there is a list you can put your number on to avoid these calls but dont know more than that. I dont know anyone that still has a landline tbh

I think you mean the "no-call" list. That is mainly to stop telemarketers, we use to have a time with them calling as well.

we have to have a landline, no cell serves where we live, and, as far as I know, there is on talk of putting up a cell tower that would affect us. [live pretty far back in the mountains.]

TBH? Can't say I know that abbreviation.

Maybe your phone company has a service to help stop this?

I will say that even cell phone users get scam calls as well.

I got one yesterday while at work. :(

Maybe your phone company has a service to help stop this?

I will say that even cell phone users get scam calls as well.

I got one yesterday while at work. :(

That is one rout we haven't tried yet.

We blocked one number [awhile back], but about 1000 more took it's place.

yeah, those spammers/scammers don't care when they call. I was really sick one time and they called, my mom, not thinking, answered, and ended up telling them that her son was in bed really sick. Needless to say, we got no sleep that night. same number called every little bit, all through the night.

Last edited:
We too get a lot of calls from unrecognized numbers. Every once in a while, I while "answer" the call - open it, but I don't say anything. And, nothing happens so I terminate the call. But, the beaver-structured thing calls back the next day.... (and, yes, believe it or not - it's a LAND LINE, subscribed to the "do not call").

I think if you have caller ID on some phones you can include numbers that can be blocked. The problem is if someone is a "Private Caller" then there number is never listed and it cant be blocked.

I've never heard of anyone being targeted like that, I feel for you. If the phone company can't or won't help, you might contact the public utility commission or attorney generals office in your state. Don't know if they can do anything but it never hurts to ask. Good luck.

Maybe change the number if possible?

We have thought about doing that. Only thing is, if we change the number, we would have to re-do the internet info, and, trust me, once was enough.

Where most people don't think about it much, took us about a week [from the first call] to get it. They had to come and do something to the phone line. Somehow, [if I understood right] some lines where crossed a few main phone boxes [the ones at the poles] down.

I've never heard of anyone being targeted like that, I feel for you. If the phone company can't or won't help, you might contact the public utility commission or attorney generals office in your state. Don't know if they can do anything but it never hurts to ask. Good luck.

Thanks, Bugman! It is really two or three numbers that call the most. One day it was every 2 minutes, from the same number, and no message from any of the calls. My mom answered one time that day [after about an hour of the same number calling] and told my dad and me it was just dead silence.

I try not to answer if I don't know the number [do have caller ID]. It was on the news sometime back about some of those calls. if you answer, then they know it's an active line, and somehow make it look like they are calling from your number, basically stealing your number.

The Do Not Call thingy doesn't really work that well - I am on the beaver-structured thing (on my antiquated land-line).

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back