• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tattoos on Girls -- Yea or Nay?

Jersey Girl

I've wanted a tattoo for a while now, and I'm getting really close to finally pulling the trigger. But being completely honest, part of the equation is how it'll be perceived.

I know... They say you shouldn't let other people's opinions dictate how you live. But the reality is, I know there are guys out there (and girls) who, say, won't go out with a person if they have tattoos. A lot of people just plain don't like them -- and that affects who I can date.

So, with that in mind, I'm just wondering what the general consensus is. If a girl's got tattoos, does that affect how attractive you find her? Do you think most people even care?

All opinions welcome, including other girls :)

Well, a lot depends on things like where the tattoo is on your body, and what it's of. Me, I like tattoos, and I'm cool with tattoos on most body parts. But I'm a lot less fond of neck and face tattoos, while I find a pretty foot tattoo or a well-done sleeve to be sexy as hell. As for subject matter, I would probably stay away from dating someone who's got, like, a swastika or a penis-based tattoo somewhere on their body, but other than that I'd be down with anything.

All that aside, it's absolutely up to you. Sure, you might close a few doors in terms of potential relationships, but really, if a person is so shallow as to refuse to date you for such a trivial reason as having a tattoo, you're probably dodging a bullet anyway, in all honesty... XD

If you choose not to get a tattoo because someone might not want to date you,
you're already letting someone else dictate what you should do, and you've haven't even met yet.
Doesn't set a good precedent for happiness.
Do what you want.

Absolutely yes unless its somethin crazy like I dunno.....a giant clown face on her back or something. That would certainly make certain activities weird.

Small, "tasteful" (yeh, define that...) ones I think are OK. Not a deal blaster. But, if you decide to cover a major portion of your body with them, well - TO ME (and me only) - that's too much. Even so, as others have said, it's your call, not anyone else's.

Wolf said:
If you choose not to get a tattoo because someone might not want to date you,
you're already letting someone else dictate what you should do

Thank you, I'm aware. Ideally, whether or not I like my tattoo shouldn't depend on whether others do. But in reality? I'm not an island. I care what people think.

Let's say I get some ink that I'm really proud of at first... But when I show my friends, my family, and all the people whose opinions matter to me, they universally hate it. Odds are I'm gonna feel like shit. Maybe you wouldn't, but I would.

What others think is not going to be the sole determinant of whether I go through with it. But it will be a factor! So, humor me. Tattoos, good or bad?

Personally, I think Tatoo's can be sexy as Hell on a woman. That being said, that's just my opinion. I agree with Wolf, that if you want a tattoo, and it makes you happy, you should go for it. If a guy doesn't want to be with you just because of a tattoo, then that's his loss.

That being said, a bit of advice and a warning. I would be careful of getting any frivolous tattoo's, ie, spur of the moment or a boyfriends name. Try and get a tattoo that you think you'll want to see in twenty years from now. Something that means something to you. I would also warn you that I've heard that tattoo's can be addictive, and that some people start with just one, but end up getting a lot more, so just be careful about that.

Tell us how it goes!

I'm just wondering what the general consensus is . . . . Do you think most people even care?

Besides the personal, there could be generational and cultural factors as well. I grew up and came of age in the '70s and '80s when getting tattoos was certainly not unheard of but definitely not as popular as in recent decades, thus younger people coming along are more likely both to get them and be used to seeing them on others.

Then again, tattooing was more commonplace in the rural, working-class, honky-tonk, biker-friendly environment I was raised in. So while I would not be repelled by a woman with tattoos, it's not something I'd expect or seek out but I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with that. It might even be an attraction; to wit,

I find a pretty foot tattoo . . . to be sexy as hell.

Whoa yeah, especially one of a feather or that spells out ticklish or some variation thereof.

And as a card-carrying "word nerd," tattoos like these would assuredly strike my fancy--as opposed to disasters like these. By all means, if you opt for word tattoos, make sure your inkster is literate or you may end up carrying around these monstrosities.

Thank you, I'm aware. Ideally, whether or not I like my tattoo shouldn't depend on whether others do. But in reality? I'm not an island. I care what people think.

Let's say I get some ink that I'm really proud of at first... But when I show my friends, my family, and all the people whose opinions matter to me, they universally hate it. Odds are I'm gonna feel like shit. Maybe you wouldn't, but I would.
What others think is not going to be the sole determinant of whether I go through with it. But it will be a factor! So, humor me. Tattoos, good or bad?

Sorry, I just can't humor you on this.

A tattoo is not good or bad, unless it's poorly done, I guess, or is depicting something good or bad.
If a tattoo is on someone I like, or find attractive, then it's part of someone I like or find attractive.

A tattoo is kind of a big deal, and you seem like a thoughtful person, so I doubt you'd do anything offensive.

It's your body.
Do. What. You. Want.

I used to judge people with tattoos, but that's mostly those with lots of them sketched all over the place. Granted, I still sometimes think that people with sleeves, body and neck tats may be going through an identity crisis, I've stopped caring because, really, why judge? If they like it, more power to them. My opinion is just that, and it shouldn't necessarily phase anyone.

Having said that, I love subtlety, and that goes for tattoos as well. If it's subtle (ie small and not immediately noticeable), and it has meaning (instead of being there just for the sake of one), then I'd actually find it cool and even classy. It's all about style and being a classy person imo.

I wouldn't be immediately put off a girl just because they have a tattoo.
In fact, if it suits here it's great.
besides, if you like tattoos, and somebody else wouldn't go out with somebody with a tattoo, you may not be right for eachother. I wouldn't but it off for the sake of a few dates, if they like you they'll at least learn to tolerate it.

I've wanted a tattoo for a while now, and I'm getting really close to finally pulling the trigger. But being completely honest, part of the equation is how it'll be perceived.

I know... They say you shouldn't let other people's opinions dictate how you live. But the reality is, I know there are guys out there (and girls) who, say, won't go out with a person if they have tattoos. A lot of people just plain don't like them -- and that affects who I can date.

So, with that in mind, I'm just wondering what the general consensus is. If a girl's got tattoos, does that affect how attractive you find her? Do you think most people even care?

All opinions welcome, including other girls :)

Jersey Girl: Honestly... maybe you had better wait. You are so scared of offending people... it's not worth the emotional crisis at this point.

Have fun playing with Henna and sharpie markers. Seriously! You can do ANYTHING you want... then wash it away or wait for it to fade. You aren't ready for the commitment. And that's ok! This IS permanent after all...

It's almost like your rushing yourself to make decision. Or to hurry yourself up into making a decision. What is the rush? You realize you have about 80 years to make this decision right?

The only consideration you should think about is will this effect a job someday? Some employers won't want to hire someone with visable tattoos. And yet that's changing in SOME jobs too. The day you can say... I am so excited to get my first tattoo, and to show it off to almost everyone I know... THAT"S when you'll be ready. :)

Last edited:
Have fun playing with Henna and sharpie markers. Seriously! You can do ANYTHING you want... then wash it away or wait for it to fade. You aren't ready for the commitment. And that's ok! This IS permanent after all...

That's brilliant advice, since henna and sharpies are also great for turning "let's draw on ____" evenings into "screw it, let's just tickle ____!" games.

Actually yeah, Doll said it better. :) Why rush it? Play around a bit before you finally decide if it's something you really need (or want). :D

I myself have a big weakness for grls/ladies with tattoos.
Jersey Girl - Are you thinking of getting some large or very colourful ones?

Captured - are you a professor or something? That was some very good advice. Who said blondes are dumb?

I always say less is more with tattoos. I did an short article on this in my blog if you're interested. But like you say, you live the life you want! :)

The logic of tattoos is: if there are any second thoughts at all, don't get the ink

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I think I agree that the smart thing to do is to wait. And maybe I will give it a little longer...

CapturedDoll said:
What is the rush? You realize you have about 80 years to make this decision right?

... but not that much longer. Sounds stupid, but I kinda always pictured myself having a tattoo while I'm young. In my mind, they're a young person thing. If I wait 20 years, I'll be too old and boring to want one anymore. No offense to anybody here over 40 :p

Bohemianne said:
I don't like seeing it on beautiful legs.

I'm not big on leg tats, either. I have a little design ready to go that I wanna put just under my collar bone. The kind of place I could easily hide, if I weren't in the mood to show it off. I think that's a good place to start, if I do end up doing it...

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back