• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Breaking a very long tickle drought M/F

Eternal Tomboy

TMF Master
I read an article about tickling that led to an interesting chain of events this weekend. Here’s a link if you want to read it:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...kling_a_child_connects_parents_and_kids_.html

The quote from the article that both depressed and scared the shit out of me was this, “….the amount of tickling in your life diminishes with each passing year. Tell me how much you are tickled and I can tell you how old you are. After the age of 40, Provine says, the frequency of tickling drops tenfold….”

Drops TENFOLD, seriously?! I’ll be turning 44 this summer, and (as much as I hate to admit it) I know all too well that this statistical fact is true – unless you happen to be one of those lucky bastards that has a partner who is equally into tickling, or more than willing to indulge your fetish for it. I don't.

Back in high school and college, I was probably tickled everyday (to some degree), but now I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been tickled in the last year. So, sometimes us 40-somethings (and older) need to get a little creative in order to instigate the tickles that used to come so naturally when we were younger. This true story that happened this past weekend was a product of that devious creativity….

My job entails A LOT of time spent driving in a rig with a couple of co-workers (I work for a mobile vet company). We work weekends, and during those two days, we’ll put in about 24-hours on the clock (12 of those hours are spent driving in the rig from place to place). They are long, exhausting shifts and it helps the days go faster when we can find things to entertain ourselves with while we’re driving, otherwise the days can seem endless.

So, to break up the monotony this weekend, I decided that the three of us (in the rig) would take a “getting to know you quiz” while we were driving around - I figured it would be good for a few laughs. I scrolled through a couple of websites until I found a quiz that had about 100 questions, and being the manipulative ‘lee that I am, I made sure that one of those questions was “Are you ticklish?” :D

I was the one driving, so I passed my iPhone over to my co-worker (my good friend, Jude) to read the questions. The question involving tickling was #38, and having to wade through all the previous questions about favorite color, jellybean flavor, and places to travel, etc. was pure torture!!! I wasn’t keeping track of the number of questions asked, so every time he went to read a question, my stomach filled with butterflies and I held my breath.

After what seemed like FOREVER, he finally popped the tickle question, and the butterflies in my stomach went ballistic. He answered the question first – saying that he only had one tickle spot on his whole body.

I said, “You can’t admit something like that and then NOT tell us where it is!”

He said, “My mom didn’t raise a fool. There’s no way I’m telling where it is; besides it’s in a place that you’re unlikely to find.” (I assumed he meant that it was in a very private location that only a lover would stumble upon, so I reluctantly stopped prodding.)

Then it was my turn to answer the question, so I lied (oldest ‘lee trick in the book), and when he asked if I was ticklish, I joked, “No, it’s an old war injury – my nerves are totally dead from the neck down.”

My answer got a few laughs, but then the unthinkable happened – he DIDN’T tickle me to find out the truth, or even prod me for more information!! I guess I’ve been stuck in TMFland so long that I just naturally assumed he would call my obvious bluff. When he didn’t and then went on to read the next question, I was totally crushed. I had concocted a rather elaborate plan to get tickled, and it had failed miserably…. and now I was stuck answering questions about my favorite food and whether or not I preferred to write in pen or pencil. FUCK. MY. LIFE.

A few hours went by, and it was nearing the end of the day. We were still in the rig, but we were no longer driving. We had parked and were waiting for the last job of the day to begin. In the 20-minutes or so of downtime, Jude decided to play some YouTube videos on his phone for us to watch. He picked something completely obnoxious (the clip of the “how bow dah?” girl that someone had made a music video for – it was set to a cringe-worthy and repetitive electronic beat that made me want to gouge out my eardrums.)

He knew it was annoying the hell out of me, but refused to turn it off. In an effort to restore my sanity, I snatched the phone out of his hands and refused to give it back to him. And then it happened – he tickled me! He reached over from the passenger seat and tickled my ribs for a couple of seconds. It was so unexpected that I nearly jumped out of my skin, and I let out a loud squeak.

I felt the heat flood my face, and the butterflies in my stomach woke back up and threw themselves a major victory party. My ribs are ticklish, but they don’t usually make it into the top five worst spots on my body – until that moment. I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t been tickled in eons, or because my guard was down, but that tickle felt like it was off the charts!!

“You lied about being ticklish! I can’t BELIEVE you lied on a “getting to know you” quiz! I bet you don’t like orange jellybeans either,” Jude teased.

“Well you were the one who was gullible enough to believe my war injury story,” I laughed.

“I thought you were just joking around about why you weren’t ticklish. I didn’t think you LIED.”

“I didn’t lie – you just scared me, so I jumped,” I lied again, hoping to keep the tickle game going.

Unfortunately, he didn’t take the bait. “Yeah, whatever LIAR,” he joked and then let the subject drop.

At the end of the day, we went back to the office to fill out some paperwork. While he was standing (kind of hunched over) a table writing something, I snuck up behind him and gave him a dual handed rib tickle. He didn’t even flinch. Unlike me, it looked as though he didn’t lie on the quiz. Dammit.

“Trying to find my tickle spot?” he asked with a smug grin.

I giggled and said, “You kind of asked for it – when you admit something like that, I feel compelled to try and find it.”

“If there was ever a day you actually did find it, that would be one very interesting day,” he chuckled, once again implying his ticklish spot was in a private location that a platonic friend wouldn’t find.

After I left work, I couldn’t stop replaying the tickle scenes in my head, and the resulting conversations about it. I was lost so far into fantasyland during my commute home, that I barely remember the drive. Perhaps if the fates are kind, this 40-something-year-old will be disproving some of those depressing tickle statistics in the future, and recapturing a bit of her youth again :)

Hey, a girl can hope ;)

Glad to see you posting again Daisy! Very nice story, thanks for sharing. I've got to say, though, the quote about tickling dropping 10 fold after 40 is about normies and people from our community who are shy about it. I'm 39 and I anticipate no such drop when I turn 40 in less than a year. Of course I'm single and I date around a lot, and I also start a lot of tickles so maybe they're not the normies, I'm the weirdy lol.
Anywho, I'd love to help alleviate your tickle drought, but I know it's not possible with you being unable to attend gatherings. And NEST is right around the corner. Sigh!

I've got to say, though, the quote about tickling dropping 10 fold after 40 is about normies and people from our community who are shy about it. I'm 39 and I anticipate no such drop when I turn 40 in less than a year. Of course I'm single and I date around a lot, and I also start a lot of tickles so maybe they're not the normies, I'm the weirdy lol.

SS -

You've got two aces in your hand (with regards to tickling) that I don't have: you're not shy talking about tickling (which certainly makes bringing up the subject much easier), and you're dating a lot of new people (which is when all those fun, flirty, exploratory tickles happen most - my favorite :) ). And since you're also able to go to NEST, I'm sure you're right - you probably won't experience a decline in tickling after age 40.

And then there's me....

CRAZY shy when it comes to tickle talk, and I've been married to a guy who isn't into tickling for the last twenty years. Not exactly the tickle lovefest I dreamt about as a young 20-something - but I guess that's what I get for walking down the aisle at age 23 (a time LONG before I had any idea of who I was and what my needs were.)

So yeah, major decline in tickle action in the last decade :dropatear

Very nice story. Thanks for sharing your experience here. :D
Come to NEST 2017 and I am sure that you will get tickled a lot there. :devil:

And then there's me....

CRAZY shy when it comes to tickle talk

Gosh, it would be fun to be your tickle talk coach.

So you don't think you could convince the hubby to accompany you to NEST? I recall you saying going solo would be a no go with your marriage.

I'm just glad to see a story by you and for you to grace us with your presence lol. Great story :)

I can confirm occurrences of tickling go way down as we get older. Everyone's experience is different, I know, and depends on many factors. But my experience can prove it out as true. Whether when we turn 40 it's tenfold or not, I don't know. It doesn't really matter in my case though because 0 divided by 10 is still 0. :) Thanks for sharing DaisyC. I applaud your creativity and resolve.

It's great to have you post something again. Wonderful story . . . you portrayed your frustration well!

Very nice story. Thanks for sharing your experience here. :D
Come to NEST 2017 and I am sure that you will get tickled a lot there. :devil:

Milagros,

You have no idea how BADLY I want to go to NEST!! But it falls on the same week every year - which happens to be my wedding anniversary. And since the hubby would NEVER consent to taking part in this (or just allowing me to), I don't think I'll ever get there :dropatear

Gosh, it would be fun to be your tickle talk coach.

So you don't think you could convince the hubby to accompany you to NEST? I recall you saying going solo would be a no go with your marriage.

Ok coach - how would you get me over my annoying hang-up about not being about to say the T-word?

As for NEST, like I was telling Milagros, I just don't think it's ever going to happen. It's on my bucket list, but the chances of me fulfilling that wish (without getting a divorce) is slim to none.

I'm just glad to see a story by you and for you to grace us with your presence lol. Great story :)

Thanks! Gracing your presence, huh? You've obviously never met me - I'm pretty short on graces ;)

You sound as though you've read my other stories. Anything catch you eye? I recently posted a story in the Post Stories forum (it's a fictional story, but it's also got a bit of reality injected into it too - the 'lee is totally autobiographical, but the situation is fantasy). Here's the link if you're interested. I'd love to know what you thought of it:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?282019-The-Girl-in-the-Bubble-Part-One-M-F

I can confirm occurrences of tickling go way down as we get older. Everyone's experience is different, I know, and depends on many factors. But my experience can prove it out as true. Whether when we turn 40 it's tenfold or not, I don't know. It doesn't really matter in my case though because 0 divided by 10 is still 0. :) Thanks for sharing DaisyC. I applaud your creativity and resolve.

FoePaw,

It's tragic, isn't it? It never dawned on me when I was in my teens and twenties (and tickles were plentiful) that someday I would be suffering through long bouts of tickle deprivation. It's both frustrating and depressing to think that it might just get worse from here. What's going to happen when I'm 50? 60? 70? Will I EVER be tickled anymore? :dropatear

P.S. - on a completely unrelated note, you have gorgeous hands! I'm sure you've been told that before :) They make a 'lee think ticklish thoughts :blush:

It's great to have you post something again. Wonderful story . . . you portrayed your frustration well!

Thanks! It's easy to portray frustration well when you're up to your eyeballs in it.

I'm always surprised when someone makes a comment that hints at the fact that they miss my writing - have you read my other stories? I know I don't post too often on the story forums. I'm one of those writers that can only create when I'm hit with inspiration strong enough to force me to set aside all the other aspects of my life. When that happens, my brain goes into obsessive mode and won't let me think about anything else until I get the story out of my head.

If you want to read another recent post of mine (this one is fictional), you can check out this link. Would love to hear your thoughts on it:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?282019-The-Girl-in-the-Bubble-Part-One-M-F

Milagros,

You have no idea how BADLY I want to go to NEST!! But it falls on the same week every year - which happens to be my wedding anniversary. And since the hubby would NEVER consent to taking part in this (or just allowing me to), I don't think I'll ever get there :dropatear

Just think how many hearts you break hearing that! You'd never be short of willing 'lers there I'm sure, especially if they've seen the pics you've posted of your gorgeous feet! :yowzer: :drool: :facepalm: :cry1: If your marriage is good other than the lack of tickling, then it's not worth screwing it up, I suppose.

It's tragic, isn't it? It never dawned on me when I was in my teens and twenties (and tickles were plentiful) that someday I would be suffering through long bouts of tickle deprivation. It's both frustrating and depressing to think that it might just get worse from here. What's going to happen when I'm 50? 60? 70? Will I EVER be tickled anymore? :dropatear

I feel your frustration, DaisyC. It didn't dawn on my either when I was younger. I always imagined living happily ever after with lots and lots (and lots and lots) of tickling. It's very frustrating when something you have always loved so much can't be more abundant in your life now. And remembering how much more it happened when you were younger just makes it worse. It's like, "Wait! I've been set up! You (youth) gave me a candy-coated view of reality. Instead of giving me an honest understanding of what was to come, you got my hopes up, and now when I compare what I have with what you showed me back then, they don't match at all! I've been duped! I was sold a bill of goods! I've been hornswoggled!" Okay, maybe I went a little overboard with the hyperbole, but it can feel a little like that sometimes. :)

P.S. - on a completely unrelated note, you have gorgeous hands! I'm sure you've been told that before :)

Thank you so much for saying that! I've gotten a few compliments, but very few, so it's especially nice to hear. :) I have a thing for hands myself... the feminine kind. Maybe I'll be lucky enough eventually to meet a wonderful lady who has nice hands, and she likes mine, and we ride off into the sunset, tickling each other, loving the fact we have the others hands all over us. Metaphorically speaking of course. Cuz trying to reach over and tickle someone while riding a horse would be hard. Well, not if we're on the SAME horse. Now there's an idea! Better yet, we'll just get an Uber.

They make a 'lee think ticklish thoughts :blush:

Yes! It worked! :-D

Just think how many hearts you break hearing that! You'd never be short of willing 'lers there I'm sure, especially if they've seen the pics you've posted of your gorgeous feet! :yowzer: :drool: :facepalm: :cry1: If your marriage is good other than the lack of tickling, then it's not worth screwing it up, I suppose.

Rob -

Believe me, it's MY heart that's breaking with the thought that I might never be able to attend a NEST gathering. While the introvert in me freaks out about the thought of meeting that many new people - ALL of which are privy to one of the biggest secrets of my life; the 'lee in me is bouncing up and down with excitement over all the amazing tickle opportunities. Who knows, maybe someday.

My marriage is.... I guess is the best word for it is comfortable. My husband is a very good man, and has been a good father to our kids. But over the years it's become painfully apparent how incompatible we are. I don't know what the future will hold, but if my marriage ends in divorce someday, it won't just be because of tickling.

So sad that such a statistic is strickingly true. *tear, tear* Oh well. Could be worse. Could be much much worse, so I guess having the luxury of speculated despair is a luxury. :p (Glass half full, right? Yaddah yaddah yaddah and whatnot, you know...)
Great such an opportunity's presented itself to you though, and then some (as I originally clicked on your second post, and then switched to here so I wouldn't miss out on any potential goodies. So far, the build up, NOT FAIR! >_< Glad, hopeful that riding temptation pays off in your second clip!

Either way, looking forward to many, many, MANY more "ticklish" instances for yourself! :D

As NEST seems an unfortunate no-go, is there ever the possibility of arriving for only one day, since it's AT LEAST three days long (as I understand it)?

If that is still solidly nixed, have you looked into Bella's Bash at all, then? Another "larger-ish" meeting up of like-minded ticklephiles (and friends, blahblahblah). Not nearly the scale of NEST, but still another event of note in regards to popular tickle-meetings, to my understanding (seems larger than any other "local" munch or gathering that can be held in various towns and cities and whatever else).

Hope you get those wiggling digits you so desire! All the best! :D

I've discussed this elsewhere, I think, but I also have noted (and lamented) the apparent decline in casual tickling activity among adults over time. People tickled one another with abandon in college, of course, and then my workplace used to be thick with merry ticklers -- they came after me, of course, but I'd also spot ticklings between others in cubicles and at the copier and in the meeting room.

But it's been years since I've experienced, or witnessed, a tickling at work, and generally my friends don't seem to engage in the activity. I've gotten to the point where the only people who tickle me are my wife, her friend Sarah, and my sister-in-law (who I don't see very often).

I'd wondered whether it was an actual change in the environment -- if people just were tickling one another less, in my immediate circles or even the society at large -- but your evidence seems more persuasive, that getting older just means getting tickled less.

Which I think is an outrage.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back