• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

My local comic book shop closing.

General Zod

Level of Triple Jade Feather
Earlier today,my local comic book shop in the town I call home when I am not driving big rig posted on their Facebook page that they are closing down Feb. 25th. I guess business was not so good for them lately. The owner had the store open only a few days a week,as he has a full time job,and a family.

The young lady who was working there left for college back in Late August,so I guess he had trouble finding someone to work the shop when he could not be there,.

I shall miss going there when I am home. :sigh:

I can get subscriptions from the comic book producers I recon. But that just is not the same as being able to go to a real store.

Brick and mortar stores for specialty goods are becoming even more scarce than ever before, I'm afraid. The internet has brought upon us many wonderful things, and also all of the consequences that lie therein.

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend.

Thats really sad. I use to go to a comic book store called the Golden Apple and you are right its a lot more fun to peruse over stuff and pick the things you like.

Very sad your store is closing. :( Hopefully there is another somewhere close you can go to.

All the comic book shops in my entire area closed, except two, one moved to a back room style area, and is hanging on because the lady who runs it
is so nice, her customers stayed loyal for a decade or two....but she barely makes money.

The other makes most of its money from selling college text books. Comics, which used to be the main money maker, are just the extra money.

They also host games, and have a lot of board games, little models to paint, etc. so that brings folks in who want to meet other people and play their role playing games.

That is very sad and it is a sign of the decline of brick and mortar stores that actually have to pay rent and have employees dealing with the public. :(

Comic shops are so much fun. My best memories of childhood in the 80s are of spending time in these places. Fortunately there is a chain of nice stores near me, but my favorite shops from my childhood are all gone. :(

I was blown away at how much a comic book costs now. thank God I don't collect anymore.

the way everything is going digital I am surprised comic book/video rental/and movie stores are still around

Brick and mortar stores for specialty goods are becoming even more scarce than ever before, I'm afraid. The internet has brought upon us many wonderful things, and also all of the consequences that lie therein.

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend.

Thank you. :)

Thats really sad. I use to go to a comic book store called the Golden Apple and you are right its a lot more fun to peruse over stuff and pick the things you like.

Very sad your store is closing. :( Hopefully there is another somewhere close you can go to.

There is one in Lancaster,PA. But,I really do not like the hassle of going there.

Yeah, I owned a comic store in the 90's. The comic industry is going largely digital. There will still be collector's of back issues, but I definitely see comics
being mostly a digital medium in this generation. I'm just waiting for the first big title to be announced as digital only.

Yeah, I owned a comic store in the 90's. The comic industry is going largely digital. There will still be collector's of back issues, but I definitely see comics
being mostly a digital medium in this generation. I'm just waiting for the first big title to be announced as digital only.

I refuse to read total digital comic books from mainstream comic book producers.

We've got a place here called the Book Nook - it's mainly a used-book store, but also carries comics. Again, often used, but I think they also have some new ones (I don't go there often). As an aside, they also carry used versions of things called "vinyl LPs" and "CDs"; something to do with music, I think.

I have a collection of over 1000 comics, and I'm still collecting, I don't know what is do if my local comic shop closed

I refuse to read total digital comic books from mainstream comic book producers.

So you just going to let the reading stop if everything goes digital? Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the appeal of opening a comic book (or a graphic novel) and feeling fresh, unsmudged ink on the fingers and getting into a story. But like vinyl, it's probably becoming one of those topics where people can point out all the clear differences yet don't give a crap.

Man, if I think back to the last comic book I was really into...I remember I really digged "The Maxx".

So you just going to let the reading stop if everything goes digital? Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the appeal of opening a comic book (or a graphic novel) and feeling fresh, unsmudged ink on the fingers and getting into a story. But like vinyl, it's probably becoming one of those topics where people can point out all the clear differences yet don't give a crap.

Man, if I think back to the last comic book I was really into...I remember I really digged "The Maxx".

I read digital books. But,I will draw the line at reading digital comic books.I do not think they will mesh up well with a computer.

I read digital books. But,I will draw the line at reading digital comic books.I do not think they will mesh up well with a computer.

I'd say that is more a personal choice. As a person who owned a bookstore and comic bookstore, I love books. I also have no problems reading both formats digitally and have converted my entire comic collection and many of my books to digital. I'm perfectly happy with it. I know not everyone will be, but there is always resistance to change and eventually new technology replaces old. Physical books and people who read them will be around into the foreseeable future, but the majority of the next generation of readers will most likely be digital readers.

I was surprised to find that my father had the very first issue of Doctor Strange hidden away in his attic and ironically it was still in virtually mint condition (which almost seems impossible given how hot his attic must have become at times). I wonder how much it would go for?

I was surprised to find that my father had the very first issue of Doctor Strange hidden away in his attic and ironically it was still in virtually mint condition (which almost seems impossible given how hot his attic must have become at times). I wonder how much it would go for?

First appearance, Strange Tales #110 (1963) or Doctor Strange #169 (1968)? If it's the former, it's gone for as much as $60,000. The latter is around $1000. The movie may very well shoot them up.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back