• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Younger folk

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Does anybody else find it strange that there aren't more young folk making their mark on the forum (at least as far as the discussion boards are concerned)? Obviously it's impossible to get an accurate impression of every regular poster's age... But the impression I get is that there are very few who are, say, mid-twenties or younger. It just seems natural - to me, anyway - that there would be a group of younger folk interacting with each other in that way... Which doesn't seem to happen. Is it that they're all in the chat room instead? lol

And has it always been that way? I have a suspicion that it maybe wasn't... But I could be wrong. :shrug:

I've been here since I was 15 because I lied like everyone else did when it said "18 and up only" but even back then I remember this place being a 40+ and up hang out with a few younger people here and there. I remember a few years ago there was an on and off beef between older and younger members.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, this place has a not-so-great reputation and has for years. Whether or not you believe it's warranted or not is another matter, but it has kept people away. This combined with the fact that social media has exploded and most people can now just go and carve out their own little communities here and there make it where TMF, as a whole, really stays roughly around the same age.

Well that, and this place has a nasty habit or torturing the everliving fuck out of any women regulars which would increase tenfold if they were in their low to mid 20s.

Mmmmmmwell... I'm a younger folk, and I'm here, so. :3

As a 47 year old I always thought that the TMF was mainly used by those around that age range lol

Well that, and this place has a nasty habit or torturing the everliving fuck out of any women regulars which would increase tenfold if they were in their low to mid 20s.

I don't think that's necessarily the fault of the members of this site. They join the site looking for a tickle partner and a woman shows up, they're gonna do their due diligence and message them. Honestly, there should be a feature where people can select "only receive messages from friends" and girls would instead be bombarded with friend requests. Take a site like Okcupid for example. It's honestly even worse. I've dated a girl from that site and seen her inbox. Not only is it bursting with an unbelievable amount of messages, they're all vulgar and tasteless

Great question. This forum is almost 20 years old now....posting on forums is nolonger the en vogue means of communicating with like minded people. There are tons of apps and other social media platforms that our younger members are communicating through.

True. But you would still think that the TMF would be the obvious first port of call for people wanting to interact with fellow tickle fetishists, would you not? :shrug:

I remember a few years ago there was an on and off beef between older and younger members.

Really?! That sounds vaguely hilarious lol. What was the nature of the beef, exactly? Must have been more to it than age, surely?

I can imagine. Though whether the TMF is unique in that respect, I wouldn't really know. And I guess it's axiomatic that if there aren't many young females making themselves heard on the forum, there aren't gonna be many young males doing likewise.

Mmmmmmwell... I'm a younger folk, and I'm here, so. :3

Indeed you are. Perhaps you should be forming a cabal of fellow young 'uns for when TMF Age War 2 breaks out. lol

Does anybody else find it strange that there aren't more young folk making their mark on the forum (at least as far as the discussion boards are concerned)? Obviously it's impossible to get an accurate impression of every regular poster's age... But the impression I get is that there are very few who are, say, mid-twenties or younger. It just seems natural - to me, anyway - that there would be a group of younger folk interacting with each other in that way... Which doesn't seem to happen. Is it that they're all in the chat room instead? lol

And has it always been that way? I have a suspicion that it maybe wasn't... But I could be wrong. :shrug:

I think the younger folk are more concerned with being violated because great relationship core ideas aren't expressed when it counts in life so everyone boinks with an anything goes mindset.

All us young whippersnappers are on TickleTheater.

Kidding of course, but I guess I've been on and off here because it's not so easy finding people my age to connect with. Tinder was much more helpful in helping me find a tickle partner, though she was vanilla as heck.

It's a fair question. As a younger member, I will be blunt and honest. I feel that many people on this forum mainly interact with those who they've known for a whIle. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything negative against that. But sometimes I feel that many members make posts on many threads which are basically disregarded or brushed over easily and the others keep talking amongst themselves. I have even seen it with my own posts as well. Sometimes I feel if you haven't been here for a long time, your thread or comment will get no attention. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with communicating mostly with those you have for a long time, but sometimes I'm off put by how easily the things I, or others, say that is not even acknowledged
And of course there's always balancing school, work, studying and social life

I think there are probably some young folks around on the forums, now whether they speak or not is remaining to be known.
I cam here at the age of 13 but didn't do or say much having no experience or reason to talk at the time. As you get older
they tend to at least come out into the forum and sometimes chatroom.

It's a fair question. As a younger member, I will be blunt and honest. I feel that many people on this forum mainly interact with those who they've known for a whIle. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything negative against that. But sometimes I feel that many members make posts on many threads which are basically disregarded or brushed over easily and the others keep talking amongst themselves. I have even seen it with my own posts as well. Sometimes I feel if you haven't been here for a long time, your thread or comment will get no attention. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with communicating mostly with those you have for a long time, but sometimes I'm off put by how easily the things I, or others, say that is not even acknowledged

I see what you're saying. Do you think that's specifically an age thing, though? I'd be inclined to say that it's just one aspect of a general hierarchical thing that some members - and I think it is only a few, to be fair - seem to subscribe to. And if you're deemed to be "lower status", then you're unworthy of their attention! Unless it's to abuse/chastize you, of course. lol

Granted I originally joined TMF back in 2005 but I did nothing on that account. Its all about how you start out and your first impressions you make. I like to think I'm moderately well known around the TMF. Just stay active in discussions and make friends

I've been on here for a fair while, at least 4 years, and I'm 31. Still youngish?

I see what you're saying. Do you think that's specifically an age thing, though? I'd be inclined to say that it's just one aspect of a general hierarchical thing that some members - and I think it is only a few, to be fair - seem to subscribe to. And if you're deemed to be "lower status", then you're unworthy of their attention! Unless it's to abuse/chastize you, of course. lol

I don't think it's directly an age thing. I think it's all about how long you've been here. Which, indirectly, makes it an age thing.
Ive posted a few threads on here and some got a little attention. Other posts or comments are ignored. Granted there is a lot going on, but I've seen many threads accumulate views but receive no comments, while one person can start four threads and since that person is "cool" or "popular" or "known" it gets a slew of attention. I've been trying to reach out again, but after a while it's just tiresome to keep trying when there's so much going on in life already

It's a fair question. As a younger member, I will be blunt and honest. I feel that many people on this forum mainly interact with those who they've known for a whIle. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything negative against that. But sometimes I feel that many members make posts on many threads which are basically disregarded or brushed over easily and the others keep talking amongst themselves.

As someone who lurked till around 2-3 years ago. That's not whats happening. So many identical threads get started... people get bored answering the same questions. And some replies are so well said... they don't need a ^This, or *applause*. We'd all be writing all day and night if it were plausible to do that. Even you realize people have life stuff going on outside of here. But there are much more variables at work here in what someone responds to as opposed to someone else. Or to single out various responses as opposed to others. As a tip- some people are a bit... mentally unstable. And... sometimes people need to hang back for awhile before they feel comfortable enough to engage the particular person in conversation. Theres been at least 3 occasions I wish I had never responded to a few people. But thats life. The internet is full of strange people- the TMF isn't immune.

I have even seen it with my own posts as well. Sometimes I feel if you haven't been here for a long time, your thread or comment will get no attention. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with communicating mostly with those you have for a long time, but sometimes I'm off put by how easily the things I, or others, say that is not even acknowledged.

I don't think anyone purposely ignores anything or anyone. Unless they have shown publicly they are mentally unhinged. I mean yeah I'm sure some people gravitate towards specific posters. And yes some people enjoy threads and threads of bicker fests... lol! (I think those are really funny sometimes. A couple weeks ago someone had me laughing hysterically for over 15 mins with something they wrote - written fairly seriously. But I certainly wasn't about to write that I laughed over the way they wrote something. They wouldn't have appreciated that. I don't think so anyway.) But usually even those have well meaning intentions. As is my intention to leave things be sometimes. And sometimes we all have moments of contemplation over something said. If you yourself wrote something that say I was woooooow'd over- I might want to take a few days to think about what you wrote for my own inner, mental introspections. Maybe I'll end up writing something back... maybe I won't. You never know how people affect other people through different mediums.

But...The day I see over 100,000 posts/ opinions per every single thread... and only specific posters constantly replied towards or on... maybe you'd have a point. But I think one thing you're not taking into consideration is how shy most people are around here. And + many other intricacies. What do people like/ not like- M/f or F/f etc-shoe/heels feet/underarms/ voyeur/ cam professional- etc etc etc etc etc... which things said strike a chord within people to the point they reach back out in response.

Don't put much stock or worry about if your post gets attention. This is also YOUR part of the Tickling internet- so make it yours- post what you want, when and how you want- and never look back! :) This is YOUR life. Your posts. Your thoughts. Your uniqueness. Just keep posting! :)

See... I read what you wrote here and spent the last two hours forming an opinion/ response about it. I saw what you wrote last night. But I needed time to think about what you wrote. And rather than go jogging this morning like I had planned- I made- essentially- responding to YOU my priority. I don't like seeing people feel ignored or left out.

Last edited:
Like I said, I was just giving my Blunt and honest opinion as to why some people don't post to put a spin on it that probably wouldn't have been brought up otherwise. I've talked to many people who feel the same way as my opinion, and I'm not saying it's 100% correct. It's just an opinion. I wasn't trying to imply that every thread needs thousands of comments, I was just trying to point out that some may feel that they shouldn't post or that they don't want to simply because no conversation would probably come of it. It's not the only reason, and I'm sure there are some who feel there should be no reason at all. I for one tend to be very talkative and open minded, but even I sometimes feel that it's not worth trying to contribute. I appreciate the honesty though, but I will now stop acting like a little baby. I don't want to be seen as such if I've already given that image

Like I said, I was just giving my Blunt and honest opinion as to why some people don't post to put a spin on it that probably wouldn't have been brought up otherwise. I've talked to many people who feel the same way as my opinion, and I'm not saying it's 100% correct. It's just an opinion. I wasn't trying to imply that every thread needs thousands of comments, I was just trying to point out that some may feel that they shouldn't post or that they don't want to simply because no conversation would probably come of it. It's not the only reason, and I'm sure there are some who feel there should be no reason at all. I for one tend to be very talkative and open minded, but even I sometimes feel that it's not worth trying to contribute. I appreciate the honesty though, but I will now stop acting like a little baby. I don't want to be seen as such if I've already given that image

I completly understand why you and others would have these thoughts and opinions. I wrote out what I did to help you/others feel more at ease. :) No more UNease. Part of the reason also is that I don't want to see people such as yourself holding back on posts. There's no reason for that. Life is to be enjoyed, ya know? :) Writing here is a simple but immensely pleasurable part of my life. (Usually.) I wasted too many years already not participating. So, just passing on the "wisdom" from one of your Tickle Elders I guess lol. ;)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this , too ; but ... there aren't really a lot of animals who post on this site either.

I completly understand why you and others would have these thoughts and opinions. I wrote out what I did to help you/others feel more at ease. :) No more UNease. Part of the reason also is that I don't want to see people such as yourself holding back on posts. There's no reason for that. Life is to be enjoyed, ya know? :) Writing here is a simple but immensely pleasurable part of my life. (Usually.) I wasted too many years already not participating. So, just passing on the "wisdom" from one of your Tickle Elders I guess lol. ;)

That's a great response actually. I appreciate your honesty, as you obviously do mine. Everything is about respect here, which as you alluded to, can be lacking or just not there. As well as just some "unhinged"
Although there will always be those few critics who point out every mistake or treat others such as they are inferior (although it can be more of a chat room issue), you are absolutely right about living life. And I, nor anyone else should be withholding anything in a place where we are also supposed to get along with each other and share our experiences.
Someone did mention hostility and there are quite a few threads with "heated arguments" but I tend to see that stuff as silly or just misread sarcasm. Maybe it has been my own confidence that is an issue, or other young people's issue. It's all too common in today's world because of the way society has changed and developed into what it is. But that's another issue completely

I think in a lot of cases, the early to mid twenties is the age a lot of people start to try and take a more active role in this part of their life, and that can take time. I've lurked here for years and only joined a year or so ago. I've been drawn to tickling for as long as I can remember but actually engaging with this forum and the people on it has been a process, and it's one that is nowhere near complete. My guess is that a lot of younger people are sitting back and observing until they feel comfortable reaching out. That might not happen until they have both the confidence and stability to start building on a new and frankly nerve-racking (at times) part of their identity.

I am 31; I am still young, right? RIGHT?! Please someone tell me I am not old!!!!

I think in a lot of cases, the early to mid twenties is the age a lot of people start to try and take a more active role in this part of their life, and that can take time. I've lurked here for years and only joined a year or so ago. I've been drawn to tickling for as long as I can remember but actually engaging with this forum and the people on it has been a process, and it's one that is nowhere near complete. My guess is that a lot of younger people are sitting back and observing until they feel comfortable reaching out. That might not happen until they have both the confidence and stability to start building on a new and frankly nerve-racking (at times) part of their identity.

You know, reading bigdamnheroes, I totally see my life. I have also lurked around for a while before I started to post regularly. First back in 2004 I discovered MTJ. Then in 2005 I subscribed to the forum. Lurked around for while, saving pictures; I thought I would be doing just that. Then I posted a story on the French forum; got some praise, and made a few friends there. Got me used to posting, it was easy and comfortable to do in my own language. Then I started to leave messages on the English parts as well, complimenting artists for their awesome work. I got hooked. They respond fast, and have really interesting things to say. I made friends with some of them, learned a ton of new words and concepts, got to know a lot of people. I would even go as far as saying that the TMF has been a major contributor to my career's success, given how much English it taught me. Then I went abroad to study, totally dropped the forum for a while; I was locked up in my room, first studying my ass off and learning Chinese, then writing a complex post-grad thesis, coming out of it only for dates with the lovely woman who's now about to become my wife. Then after I got my degree and landed my first real job, I suddenly found myself with a lot more time to come back here. Lately, as downtime at work has become more and more prevalent, I have been increasing my participation. I honestly enjoy myself, and feel totally confident participating in very diverse discussions. But aside of the many friendships I struck here, what I like the most on the TMF is the possibility to interact directly with creators, be they artists or video producers. That is really awesome.

I do not think young people are very rare here. Depends how you define young of course, but I think we are a pretty diverse bunch. Different nationalities, social classes, backgrounds... and ages :p

Is 28 old? When I first came on here, as "soon" as I was legal (I was a good girl...ish), the sheer scale of this website honestly scared me, and I retreated to the comparably softer, quieter, smaller TickleTheater. I was quite active there, I must admit, until the owner forgot to pay and the site went down. Then I discovered that people actually are online here - though they don't tend to talk very often, despite the increased usernames on this chat.

Must admit, I'm still mainly lurking in the posts, here. Started to send a few replies, ask some questions, but haven't yet got up much courage (or stupidity?) to start threads of my own yet.

Yeah...I don't get this? I have been here since day 1 and all I see is the younger crowd anymore so I am not sure how you are calculating this? if anything all us old timers feel out of place anymore.

There use to be a time when I was considered a major contributor and borderline celebrity in the tk community. These days hardly anyone knows a thing about me let alone even talk to me. Going into the chatroom just spells disaster for me anymore as all the younger folk make fun of my screen name and call me a pedophile. Yep...not like it use to be...that is for sure!

peace out,
daddy

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back