• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Younger folk

I'm 21 but I only really use this site for the celebrity and mainstream section. I've never really communicated on this because I've never really engaged with talking to people over the Internet that I didn't know. So the younger people are definitly lurking here but they just may not be used to talking to others on here

I lurked on here for years, but officially joined in my late 20's. I think part of the issue as well is that up until mid to late 20's/early 30's people are still discovering themselves and evolving in terms of personality and sexuality. It's also a bit intimidating, at least it was for me. I tried looking on okcupid for a boyfriend into tickling, but he lived in the UK... that was enough to discourage me from looking on here. However, once I started talking on here I'm glad I did.

Tinder for tickle partners? Interesting...

Yeah, tickling was way better in black and white with subtitles. I used to have to walk 5 miles in the snow just to get fresh batteries for my Sonicare. I am pushing 50, but from the wrong end! ****rimshot**** It is nice to get the wide range of opinion, experience, advice, etc regarding tickling and so many other subjects from all ages here at TMF. As long as we all behave(except in P&R) of course, from lurkers to mils, everyone does their part.

How many years have you been 27 years for now, Wadey? I think, sadly, you are not like a wine (though I bet you do just get more and more ticklish with age...? ;):bwahaha:) but if you want to remain delusional, I won't disagree.

Does anybody else find it strange that there aren't more young folk making their mark on the forum (at least as far as the discussion boards are concerned)? Obviously it's impossible to get an accurate impression of every regular poster's age... But the impression I get is that there are very few who are, say, mid-twenties or younger. It just seems natural - to me, anyway - that there would be a group of younger folk interacting with each other in that way... Which doesn't seem to happen. Is it that they're all in the chat room instead? lol

And has it always been that way? I have a suspicion that it maybe wasn't... But I could be wrong. :shrug:

I don't know, because I've only been active on the site not only a month now, but there's definitely younger folk in chat, and one of them just posted here in the forum on another thread, so yeah, you're not always going to know...I'm an older folk, and that's one reason I find the chat room hard for me, because often when people PM me there, the first thing they tell me is their age, meaning they expect me to do the same, so that's merely one reason I don't go in there anymore, because that can be an uncomfortable situation, considering they want to know that info right off the bat. That room seems like a dating site more than anything, which is why I'd like to have my pics clearly on my profile, so I don't have to be judged solely on my age, but they have to be in my private album because, judging from the vast majority of PM's I get in there, there are way too many nutcases. Anyway...one person who recently friended me is very young indeed, and she sent me a request without me having even talked with her in chat first. When I asked how she knew me, she said; "Just like to reach out to newbies!" I chatted with her and she's very friendly. I haven't noticed her posting in the forum, not as of yet anyway, but yeah, there are youngsters around, lol ;)

Last edited:
How many years have you been 27 years for now, Wadey? I think, sadly, you are not like a wine (though I bet you do just get more and more ticklish with age...? ;):bwahaha:) but if you want to remain delusional, I won't disagree.

I do actually seem to get more ticklish the older I get, which seems entirely unfair and unnecessary...

I do actually seem to get more ticklish the older I get, which seems entirely unfair and unnecessary...
Unnecessary, but entirely delightful, I must admit! :blushes:

I think there are multiple reasons younger people (like myself) don't get very involved in posting.
1) This site CAN be intimidating to people who first come here (it was for me). The fear of posting something stupid was (and still kinda is) a big fear of mine, and I imagine it's similar for other newcomers.

2) Quite a few of us "young people" are in the chat room with a bit more frequency. Chat rooms are a more familiar form of communication to most people around my age, it's more instant and more direct (things many of us young people have always known) and forum posting can just be kinda slow.

3) Many of us young people have less experience in the world of tickling, and so we have less to talk about as we don't have much (or in cases like mine, any) experience to pull from and discuss.

4) The age group of mid 20's and younger consists of a lot of people in college. Which, at least for me, means that I just don't have that much time to be on the forum, at least not as much time as I would like. While I'm not trying to say "older" people have a plethora of time by any means, but college is an incredibly busy time, which makes for less time being on the forum.

5) This is similar to my first point, but it can be a little hard for some to get integrated into the community. This applies more for new members than specifically younger people, but as people first start to explore their interests at a young age they find places like this, so many new people are young people. But it can be hard to get integrated. If you're not a naturally extroverted person, making friends on a forum can be a bit difficult, and it can be hard to get things started.

These are just the first few things that popped into my head, and of course I can't speak for all people in my age group, but I think at least some of these apply to many people in my age group.

I think there are multiple reasons younger people (like myself) don't get very involved in posting.
1) This site CAN be intimidating to people who first come here (it was for me). The fear of posting something stupid was (and still kinda is) a big fear of mine, and I imagine it's similar for other newcomers.

2) Quite a few of us "young people" are in the chat room with a bit more frequency. Chat rooms are a more familiar form of communication to most people around my age, it's more instant and more direct (things many of us young people have always known) and forum posting can just be kinda slow.

3) Many of us young people have less experience in the world of tickling, and so we have less to talk about as we don't have much (or in cases like mine, any) experience to pull from and discuss.

4) The age group of mid 20's and younger consists of a lot of people in college. Which, at least for me, means that I just don't have that much time to be on the forum, at least not as much time as I would like. While I'm not trying to say "older" people have a plethora of time by any means, but college is an incredibly busy time, which makes for less time being on the forum.

5) This is similar to my first point, but it can be a little hard for some to get integrated into the community. This applies more for new members than specifically younger people, but as people first start to explore their interests at a young age they find places like this, so many new people are young people. But it can be hard to get integrated. If you're not a naturally extroverted person, making friends on a forum can be a bit difficult, and it can be hard to get things started.

These are just the first few things that popped into my head, and of course I can't speak for all people in my age group, but I think at least some of these apply to many people in my age group.

I've been mulling the subject over a bit and I have to say, this comment seemed to confirm a couple of things I had suspected. Not that I'm suggesting these things are true for all young members, obviously. But I reckon if you add the issues of younger females vs. creepy muthahumpas and the whole sexual insecurity of younger people (as alluded to by others) to what you've got here, then you've probably got a pretty good answer to the question. Which shows how complex the whole thing is!

What's frustrating, though, is that when young members do join in, they seem really nice! Friendly, intelligent, funny etc. And I'm thinking, "For fuck's sake, get involved! The forum needs you!"

Somebody should force 'em, I reckon. Friendly little bastards. lol

I think this is very insightful. I was here at the beginning (a different "midnight" handle but I was here). The world has changed. This site used to be the only friendly port. There were actually other people just like me! I wasn't weird, there was a place to talk about being in our unique fellowship. Also, there was content to found in an age where grabbing some photos was the highlight of your week.

Also, the budding internet was more innocent then. Things were a lot more anonymous and we felt safe talking here. The new generation on the scene have a much more serious concept of the internet and that anything you put out there can be traced back to you for the rest of your days on God's Earth.

As he said, chat is the preferred media now. Me, I grew up on BBS'es and Telnet. Electronic messaging via a forum came naturally and still does. I would be terrified to join a chat. I wouldn't have time to think out my words and edit them for grammar. I don't know the etiquette. Twenty-somethings grew up with it and it comes so much easier for those socialized in their generation.

Finally, I hear what this poster is feeling. If I was coming here for the first time, with this firm, supporting community of people who've been interacting forever, I'd be very intimidated. That's something everyone needs to get better at. We feel safe swimming in the same circles. Take a chance on a new friend or to hear a new idea. Respond to a newcomer's thread and show you're interested in hearing what he or she has to say. Be inviting. It's win-win for all involved.

That's my two cents,
MidnightX

In short: forum posting is higher commitment than chatting, and not everyone finds the trade-off worthwhile.

Chat advantages vs forum posting.

• Chat offers more immediate gratification (whether it's TMF chat, kik channels, or something else).
  • Chat is shorter form and less formal.
  • Chat is more ephemeral, meaning less stalking risk, because users don't have all of their history nailed to a profile; that's liberating.

Chat disadvantages vs forum posting.

• It's harder to form a more consistent identity or reputation, due to absence of history.
  • Chat limits the new friends you make to people who happened to be online at the same time as you.

People also talk about tickling in other communities that better suit them.

Some people prefer to hang out in tickling circles on other sites, chat services, or apps they already use. Kik, tumblr, deviantart, and even 4chan have tickling communities.

People on TMF often have little beyond tickling in common. But people on, say, Tumblr may already have some shared background beyond the kink. That can both help in forming friendships and also aid in screening out certain types of people one wouldn't want to talk to.

Last edited:

This is absolutely everything I was trying to get across when I posted on this earlier. Kudos to you for getting it out in a better fashion than I did!

In short: forum posting is higher commitment than chatting, and not everyone wants finds the trade-off worthwhile.

Chat advantages vs forum posting.

• Chat offers more immediate gratification (whether it's TMF chat, kik channels, or something else).
  • Chat is shorter form and less formal.
  • Chat is more ephemeral, meaning less stalking risk, because users don't have all of their history nailed to a profile; that's liberating.

Chat disadvantages vs forum posting.

• It's harder to form a more formal, consistent identity or reputation, due to absence of history.
  • Chat limits the new friends you make to people who happened to be online at the same time as you.

People also talk about tickling in other communities that better suit them.

Some people prefer to hang out in tickling circles on other sites, chat services, or apps they already use. Kik, tumblr, deviantart, and even 4chan have tickling communities.

People on TMF often have little beyond tickling in common. But people on, say, Tumblr may already have some shared background beyond the kink. That can both help in forming friendships and also aid in screening out certain types of people one wouldn't want to talk to.

These are very good point along with some points Secret made as well.

Here's a post from someone else, elsewhere on the net also discussed the difficulty of breaking into existing, tight-knit communities on forums. It applies to TMF too. Quoting the salient bits:

My issue has always been the dense [forum] culture, especially in the communities, that can be all but impossible to penetrate unless you spend a lot of dedication posting and posting and posting until people actually start to pay attention to what you post. All the communities that revolve around certain things all have their clique of posters that sort of controls the dialogue and directs conversations as well as being incredibly dense and difficult to break into for outsiders because they're riding on a wave of years of in-jokes or companionship.

Like, the only reason I feel like I'm a [forum sub-community] person is because I had to like work on just being relentless in my postings there. I had to push and push and push and insinuate myself in that community and attempt to follow the flow of posting and conversation and read things other's read and try to respond to people all the time so that people would know me and would see my posts as something worth responding to.

So, trying to work one's way into an old, established community may be more work than helping a new community get off the ground. And if that new community is smaller, it may also feel more intimate.

Yeah...I don't get this? I have been here since day 1 and all I see is the younger crowd anymore so I am not sure how you are calculating this? if anything all us old timers feel out of place anymore.

There use to be a time when I was considered a major contributor and borderline celebrity in the tk community. These days hardly anyone knows a thing about me let alone even talk to me. Going into the
chatroom just spells disaster for me anymore as all the younger folk make fun of my screen name and call me a pedophile. Yep...not like it use to be...that is for sure!

peace out,
daddy

There are many cultures where elders are revered and looked up to for being around longer and willing to share knowledge and experience. The younger members of these cultures appreciate the guidance and are grateful.

I remember you Daddy. You are never forgotten.

Max

That's an interesting observation man. I'll have to observe myself, just registered here. I'm 22 so...basically still a kid if you call mid twenties young xD Like the guy said in the first post though: there are so many sites like this now that we're all over the place. I fear this may be too much like English class for us kids :) but I love English lol

Here's a post from someone else, elsewhere on the net also discussed the difficulty of breaking into existing, tight-knit communities on forums. It applies to TMF too. Quoting the salient bits:

So, trying to work one's way into an old, established community may be more work than helping a new community get off the ground. And if that new community is smaller, it may also feel more intimate.

For myself who has spent most of my internet time on forums of varying topics (even running some) I've learned that it is more about how excited and open you are to being involved in the forum. I have a friend that we met on a horror board years ago. (Fangoria.) Then she deceided to run her own. Then I decided to open one. Then she decided to open a different one. And another one. Meanwhile I started exploring different types of movie forums and art/ music/ etc boards. Here... various old school wrestlinv forums... on and on.

At some point I realized some forums I enjoy just to read- not taking part in at all. Some I'll post a few times a year in. It's kinda like going to the mall. But I guess better put... its like getting and trying out a bunch of apps. Which one is your favorite. Which one will you just open once inawhile. Which one do you only enjoy using because a particular friend uses it.

I though still prefer reading peoples complete thoughts and baving complete, written conversations with people like this. Rather than 50 characters or less. Or whatever. lol It's unfulfilling, it's turning humanity itself into shorthand. Feelings and emotions are already hard enough to get across to each other. I am thrilled sometimes not to be 18-30. I see the dating scene and my Bf and I are like omg... (We're Gen X btw.) And yet still we know its just different. You all have most of the same issues.

I also know that I can only base my opinions on my own experiences. So: I'm happy here. You all bere... elsewhere. Whatevs! :) It's all good in the internet hood.

I guess it should be said though: No matter where you all go in life or tbe internet: the TMF will always (hopefully) be here for you.

Last edited:
Yeah...I don't get this? I have been here since day 1 and all I see is the younger crowd anymore so I am not sure how you are calculating this? if anything all us old timers feel out of place anymore.

There use to be a time when I was considered a major contributor and borderline celebrity in the tk community. These days hardly anyone knows a thing about me let alone even talk to me. Going into the chatroom just spells disaster for me anymore as all the younger folk make fun of my screen name and call me a pedophile. Yep...not like it use to be...that is for sure!

peace out,
daddy

I call my own Bf Daddy on our tumblr blogs. We enjoy playing with Bimbofication and sugar daddy role play. But I will NEVER call him that HERE. Imho there ARE probably pedos trolling around here- and I'm never giving them unintentional wank material. And I NEVER want people here to misunderstand why I call him that. I actually told him I would never call him that on this board. And he completly understood my reasoning.

Bad people ruin good and harmless things. You might want to consider altering your name to avoid the drama. The people creating the drama I'm sure mean well and are trying to scare off the real bad guys. That's admirable.

Probably because this site is much harder to navigate then mainstream social media websites. I just got here but i wouldnt know how to go about finding a partner for a meet up, or even finding somone to talk too that is the gender you prefer or of a specific age group or even lives in the same state

(This coming from a 20yr old)

There's really no set way. You just talk. Go in chat. They're generally younger, that I've seen. I, myself, am 25. You can comb the list if members. It will take forever, because for every older person there is also inactive profiles. Everyone is usually a delight to talk to no matter their age though.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back