• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Time to spring forward.

Bugman

Verified
Daylight Saving Time begins this Sunday at 2:00 a.m.

I've never liked DST, wish it would go away. Anyone else?

I also don't like the changing back and forth, but I would adjust the other way and have DST all year round. :D

I actually like DST. I don't like in the winter when it gets dark at 430 pm in NYC. Getting dark at 830 pm in the summer is far more tolerable.

What I don't like, is how especially since DST starts three weeks earlier now, then it used to for many years, is how it doesn't get light in the morning until
730 am for several weeks. I don't like getting up at 7 am, and having it be completely dark out.

I hate daylight savings time so much! Stupid farmers! I believe a correlation exists between increased heart attacks and springing forward, but another correlation exists between decreased heart attacks and falling back.

I don't like DST either. In France it was a pain! Luckily, in China we do not have it! The clock remains at GMT+8 all year long :xpulcy: Also, there is no time difference between the two ends of the country, despite its size. When it is 10 o'clock in Beijing, it is also 10 o'clock in Lhassa.

I don't like DST either. In France it was a pain! Luckily, in China we do not have it! The clock remains at GMT+8 all year long :xpulcy: Also, there is no time difference between the two ends of the country, despite its size. When it is 10 o'clock in Beijing, it is also 10 o'clock in Lhassa.

Kinda have a feeling that some peoples would just ignore time regardless.
Such as the ethnic Mongolians in arid China (within the herding culture) or the Sherpas inside of China.

Actually you are right! I met this old Mongolian guy one day who did not wear a watch and was raising sheep. He would get up at dawn and go to bed with the sun, not caring about much else. But these guys are the exception, not the rule. The Chinese countryside has modernized a great deal, even in remote regions.

Since moving to Arizona, I no longer have to worry about this xD

I find it interesting how Arizona does not have Daylight Saving Time. .

I know that Arizona is two hours earlier than NY in winter, and three hours earlier in summer.

I've heard that Arizona does not have DST, because, supposedly, with it being as hot as it is there in summer, the government there welcomed the idea of it getting dark earlier in the summer, so they decided not to have it. (Not Mitch's opinion by the way, I read this in a travel guide once). I don't know about the reality of what I read about this, honestly.

Just Arizona I believe. Until 2002,Indiana did not observe DST.

Hawaii doesn't observe DST. Some US territories also opt out, including Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.

Oh and Mitch, I've read the same thing about Arizona. Oddly enough the Navajo in Arizona do observe DST on tribal lands.

80bd5d06ed135a5121185d390f02bf04.jpg

"Get our WHATS ready?":bugeyed:

You lose an hour of sleep and when you have to get up early on Sunday it is not fun.

Yup. I did not know that we had the Germans to thank for Daylights Saving Time.

So, yeah, all these years we were losing an hour of sleep thanks to Kaiser Wilhelm.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back