• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Just curious. nothing important here

maniactickler

Verified
I always wondered why people who talk about friends or family here when telling tickling stories, use alternate names? no one would ever know who you are talking about. I just don't get it. :shrug:

Because there are some pretty creepy people here, and maybe people feel like anonymity is giving a little protection to their loved ones?
There's a difference between sharing your experiences and sharing the people that are close to you.

Because you'd be surprised at how it easy it is to find out who people are on the Internet, that's why.

I've talked about friends here and used their real names, but now that I see this post, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have. I used their first names thinking there'd be no harm in it. I wouldn't be stupid enough to use a last name, but maybe even using a first name is stupid too, is it? Can anyone tell me, please? Am I ignergrint for doing that?????

I think it's a "better safe than sorry" thing. Once it's on the internet, it's there forever!

I must admit I did think about it while I was doing it, yes. Especially considering one of the people, the first name I used, though fairly common, is an unusual spelling of that name. And considering all those weird PM's I was getting in the chat room, so many that I won't even go in there anymore, well, yeah...I must admit I'm not always fully aware of the dangers of the internet, and because of trouble I had with it in the past, being stalked, etc., I stopped socializing on it, thinking I was through doing it for good. But here I am again, because I'm drawn to this site. So yeah, I better watch it.

This is the internet, last thing you want is someone who might know you finding out you telling stories about
events you may wanna keep private ya know

True. And the person/people in the story may even be right here on this site, who the hell knows. Or someone may know the person you're talking about, etc.

I normally don't even bother to include names in my stories

Good idea, which was my first choice, and now I'll stick to it. He/She will work.

"Names have been changed to protect the innocent."
Just popular conditioning, I guess.

True, because it happened to me once, in fact MORE than once. But here's ONE example: I was on a site and some nutty girl pretended to be three different girls talking to me. I was stupid enough to give her my email address. From that, she managed to find me on Google+, I think it's called, where I also had an account. Next thing I know she's demanding to Skype with me. I did, but she looked nothing like the pics she was using on the site, or how she sounded when we talked on the phone. I still can't figure the whole thing out, but she was definitely a predator.

When I tell people about it, they say, "Well, did you ever see that TV show, Catfish"? I tell them no, because I haven't, and I don't WANNA see it. I don't think I'd find it very entertaining, considering I had to deal with it myself.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back