• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I really hate the DMV

General Zod

Level of Triple Jade Feather
DMV. Department of Motor Vehicles.

February 28,I had to get a DOT physical done. I get one every two years as a truck driver. The one I had expired March 11. My license (CDL) is from Pennsylvania. I had gotten the physical done in Kansas City. The company I work for sends in all the paperwork to my state DMV. Yesterday,March 13,I find out my new physical has not been put into the system.

I fax in what they need. My company faxed in what the DMV needed. Around 16:30 Central time,I found out it still was not updated, Because of the end of the world snow storm coming in,the call center for the DMV was closed today.

So far,it has been day two of Chad not being able to drive truck,therefore,not making any money.

To sum things up simply................ I have a valid CDL,and a valid DOT physical. But,I am not allowed to drive this truck.
A few years ago,every state started a requirement to have us send in copies of our physical,that shows it is a legal physical. The past two times,it was sent in,and updated without any problem.

I have no clue on how long I will sit here around 800 miles from home.

Thankfully,the company I work for has not kicked me out of the truck,and sent someone to get it,as this truck is not making the company any money sitting here.

Sorry to hear that Zod. :( Hope you get back on the road asap.

Sorry to hear that Zod. I have to renew my driver license next year and I'm not looking forward to it. Waiting in line for an hour or more for a process that takes five minutes tops in not my idea of fun. :banghead:

That blows waiting that long. In my county in PA,they have the DMV. However,there are off site locations to renew your license. For CDL holders,I can either go to the DMV main place,or one other one. A service they use is a place called Brimmers. So much faster.

No off site locations here that I know of. The good thing is I only have to renew every seven years. But hey, this thread isn't about me.

Like I said, hope you are back on the road asap.

Zod, that's why most people view the DMV (anywhere) with the same compassion as the Spanish Inquisition. God speed back to the road, man.

Very sorry to hear about the DMV screwing up, Zod. :( I have never had any pleasant dealings with any DMV in any state where I've lived.
I hope that you are back on the road soon.

Turns out I was not told they needed a DL 80 form sent in. That is a form for lost,stolen,renewal,etc license.
What that form has to do with them "not getting " my new DOT physical is beyond me.

I was told it can take four or five days to get the information in to the system.

Turns out I was not told they needed a DL 80 form sent in. That is a form for lost,stolen,renewal,etc license.
What that form has to do with them "not getting " my new DOT physical is beyond me.

I was told it can take four or five days to get the information in to the system.
Four or five days is outrageous. It is typical of government bureaucrats that they don't care what their petty rules do to people who actually do useful work in the private sector.

Holy shit Zod. I'm really sorry. Can you get a hotel room so you can at least get a hot shower or are you literally stuck on the other side of the country in your truck?

Holy shit Zod. I'm really sorry. Can you get a hotel room so you can at least get a hot shower or are you literally stuck on the other side of the country in your truck?
I am at a truck stop. They have showers and hot food here. I just sleep in the truck. Thankfully,my company has not told me to take my stuff out of it,and tell me to fend for myself while they send another driver to get this truck.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the DMV General Zod. Every dealing I have had with any goverment agency has been loaded with delays and incompetence. I hope you can get things resolved so you can be back on the road. These agencies dont understand they are effecting real people.

At the end of their work day,they still have not updated the info I sent them. :sigh:

I'm very sorry about your situation with the DMV, Zod.

I hope you can resolve this very soon, my friend.

It obviously isn't the same thing, but.

The New York DMV is horrible also.

When I moved from Lancaster to NYC in 2012, I had a horrible time trying to get my NY non driver ID.

I went to the DMV in NYC, and was told they have a "point system" to "Qualify me" to get a NY state ID.

I had my original birth certificate, a valid Social Security card, and other things, and it still was not enough.

Finally, I had to apply for a Passport.

It was a problem, because I had no valid address, either in Pennsylvania, or NYC.

Finally, they accepted the answer that I lived in an apartment, where my father also stayed, part time, and allowed me to get the passport.

Which in turn, "Qualified" me with their points system, to be valid to be issued the New York State non driver ID.

It could have been so much easier for everyone, but their "Rules" had to be followed.

I'm very sorry about your situation with the DMV, Zod.

I hope you can resolve this very soon, my friend.

It obviously isn't the same thing, but.

The New York DMV is horrible also.

When I moved from Lancaster to NYC in 2012, I had a horrible time trying to get my NY non driver ID.

I went to the DMV in NYC, and was told they have a "point system" to "Qualify me" to get a NY state ID.

I had my original birth certificate, a valid Social Security card, and other things, and it still was not enough.

Finally, I had to apply for a Passport.

It was a problem, because I had no valid address, either in Pennsylvania, or NYC.

Finally, they accepted the answer that I lived in an apartment, where my father also stayed, part time, and allowed me to get the passport.

Which in turn, "Qualified" me with their points system, to be valid to be issued the New York State non driver ID.

It could have been so much easier for everyone, but their "Rules" had to be followed.

And the DMV workers wonder why they are the butt of jokes. :facepalm: Thanks for the good wishes.

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I think DMV's might be one of the most universally disliked places on the planet

Update for those interested.

I found out today that the PA DMV for whatever reason,is going to mail me a duplicate license. Now then,I did not have my license get lost,or stolen. Instead of them just entering in the updated info for my DOT physical,and bringing my now non CDL license back into a full CDL,they instead want to reissue the bloody thing. :shrug:
Let me see. Five calendar days to enter into a computer screen that they have my current DOT physical,then up to ten days waiting on a CDL replacement.

But...............If I hand them in person,the info for the DOT physical,they can enter the info into the system,and give me a duplicate CDL. Remember,I am about 800 miles away from home. I can't drive big rig there.

So,talking to my home terminal manager earlier today,they are going to have me keep the truck where I am,and they will get me there. They were thinking bus. I had thought ahead,and looked up prices for a one way bus trip. $187. I looked up Amtrak. $199. He agreed to buy me Amtrack tickets. I leave out tomorrow,Friday afternoon. Get there early Saturday afternoon. Wait in a hotel,that I am sure they will pay. Monday get this mess sorted out,then go back to Illinois.

Holy cow what a fiasco. Hope your train is on time at least. Amtrak has a less than sterling record of on time service. I hope the company will pick up the hotel tab as well. You didn't do anything wrong, no reason you should be out of pocket.

Holy cow what a fiasco. Hope your train is on time at least. Amtrak has a less than sterling record of on time service. I hope the company will pick up the hotel tab as well. You didn't do anything wrong, no reason you should be out of pocket.

I have been on Amtrack a few times. They have run on time when I used it. I think it still beats the bus. Seats are wider.

I have been on Amtrack a few times. They have run on time when I used it. I think it still beats the bus. Seats are wider.

Ha, tell me about it. Never taken Amtrak but many years ago I rode from San Antonio to Kansas City on a well known bus line. What should have been a 12-14 trip turned into a 28 hour ordeal. That damn bus stopped at every wide spot in the road to pick up or drop off packages, and there were no onboard bathrooms. I might have made better time hitchhiking.

Very sorry about all this problem, Zod.

Thankfully, you will have your transportation expenses taken care of.

As you said, hopefully this mess will be resolved by Monday.

Best of Luck to you.

And at least Amtrak trains have large restrooms, compared to the tiny ones on buses. :D
Good luck with your train trip, Zod.

Thanks again everyone. I am now going to Pittsburgh. I can go to any of the DMV places that have CDL services.
I get there Saturday.
I more than likely will take the overnight train back and be back in Illinois on Sunday.

Glad your nightmare is over dude.

It just goes to show, even the DMV must KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! ^_~

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back