• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I really hate the DMV

Enjoy the sights on the old Pennsylvania Railroad line: Horseshoe curve, Gallitzin Tunnel, and Rockville Bridge.

Thanks everyone for the positive waves. I got the mess cleared up yesterday. I got back to the train station around noon yesterday. That twelve hour wait for the train to Chicago seemed to drag on.

Thanks everyone for the positive waves. I got the mess cleared up yesterday. I got back to the train station around noon yesterday. That twelve hour wait for the train to Chicago seemed to drag on.
Waiting in train stations is no fun at all. :(
And the food in them is generally mediocre and overpriced. :(
Hope all is well now, my friend. :D

Waiting in train stations is no fun at all. :(
And the food in them is generally mediocre and overpriced. :(
Hope all is well now, my friend. :D

Sheeit. The Pittsburgh station had no cafe of any type at all. Just vending machines.

12 hours? Ugh. From what I hear the Amtrak station here is a bare bones operation. Don't know if they even have vending machines. The important thing is you can get back on the road. :)

12 hours? Ugh. From what I hear the Amtrak station here is a bare bones operation. Don't know if they even have vending machines. The important thing is you can get back on the road. :)

Yes indeed. There were a good choice of places to eat within easy walking distance.

By the multiverse Zod, how long has this issue kept you away from your own home and bed? I really feel for ya. Having to sleep in a truck for days on end is bad enough but waiting at train stops for half a day? The system should be ashamed of itself. I hope you get to take a hot shower, have a hot meal, and take a nice long nap when you get home. :(

By the multiverse Zod, how long has this issue kept you away from your own home and bed? I really feel for ya. Having to sleep in a truck for days on end is bad enough but waiting at train stops for half a day? The system should be ashamed of itself. I hope you get to take a hot shower, have a hot meal, and take a nice long nap when you get home. :(

Sorry for the answer delay. I had a nice shower,and good food when I got back. I slept about nine hours when I got back to the truck. That is more than I normally need for sleep.

I can attest that PennDOT (PA's DMV) is a quixotic labyrinth of bureaucracy and super-concentrated stupid. Never had a good experience with them nor has anyone else I know over my lifetime primarily in PA. Someone above mentioned some outside services and they are the way to go if you have one in your town. The magic of market competition compels them to run a decent customer service based business model as opposed to the DMW where everyone's riding out a cushy government job.

No offence to you government workers. I just know what I've encountered myself whenever I've had to deal with these people.

MidnightX

I hears ya... just had to deal with it renewing the wife's DL. Just take your life history when you have to renew.

Ugh, I know right? My stupid DMV wanted my original birth certificate (which was destroyed in a flood) even though I had paid for and brought a perfectly valid new birth certificate mailed to me from the state of Louisiana. I had to argue with the clerk then the assistant manager and then the manager. A little over an hour later I got my license renewed. A horrific and miserable experience that I dread to repeat.

Ugh, I know right? My stupid DMV wanted my original birth certificate (which was destroyed in a flood) even though I had paid for and brought a perfectly valid new birth certificate mailed to me from the state of Louisiana. I had to argue with the clerk then the assistant manager and then the manager. A little over an hour later I got my license renewed. A horrific and miserable experience that I dread to repeat.

So,even for a non CDL license you need to show a birth certificate?

I had to show a birth certificate AND a passport AND my old drivers license. Of course that was so I could get a fancy star on my license (real ID, I think)

If I am not mistaken,that star on your license gets you through airport security faster,

I had to show a birth certificate AND a passport AND my old drivers license. Of course that was so I could get a fancy star on my license (real ID, I think)

Of course you had to show all of your "papers please." Didn't you know there's a terrorist hiding behind every bush? Hell, here in Quakertown, PA we've got 'em coming out of the woodwork!

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back