• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Little piece of your childhood you can't let go of

sonnymadler

Verified
The title I guess speaks for itself. :D

Everybody has something from their childhood that brings out the kid in them years later. Mine is toy cars. I'm a huuuuge car nut, and have always loved the painstaking detail that goes into making scale model cars. So I always pass by a toy store to get a glimpse of any such available; I might even buy one on the very rare occasion.

Oh and my teddy bear. He's as old as I am (dad bought him when I was born), yet I absolutely refuse to part with him lol! I keep him back at my mom's to avoid losing him.

What brings out the kid in you? :)

Ooooh, let's see... cartoons for sure! I loved them as a kid and I love them now! Sometimes I will actually, no joke, sit on the floor in front of the TV with a bowl of Cheerios to watch cartoons on a Saturday morning. I am 21 years old and not even high. This is a thing that I do. XD

Also: Legos. Legos are amazing. I don't play with them terribly often, but when I do, I'll eat up a whole afternoon with them!

Ooooh, let's see... cartoons for sure! I loved them as a kid and I love them now! Sometimes I will actually, no joke, sit on the floor in front of the TV with a bowl of Cheerios to watch cartoons on a Saturday morning. I am 21 years old and not even high. This is a thing that I do. XD

Also: Legos. Legos are amazing. I don't play with them terribly often, but when I do, I'll eat up a whole afternoon with them!

Oh hellz yeah! I still watch Looney Tunes and Thomas the Tank Engine on the odd occasion. And Lego...ong!! I have a huge box of it back at mom's. Whenever I go back home, I might tumble the whole box over on the floor and piece together a plane or helicopter or skyscraper from memory or a simple image. :D

Baseball cards. I loved to collect cards of the Dodgers when I was a child and I still have some. :D

Tomica Matchbox. As a tot, my father won't buy me a single piece because I was a "girl." Forgot all about it already until I grew up. One day, a piece at the toy store while buying gifts brought back memories. So I bought a nissan for myself, kept in a drawer until now. I could grin about the whole thing. :D

yoyo! I have a few of them still here and some handheld games, some legos and even some old playdough that's most likely a rock now

I don't have any physical objects from childhood and have to rely on memories. Certain smells or sights for example take me back to those carefree days. :)

I don't have any physical objects from childhood and have to rely on memories. Certain smells or sights for example take me back to those carefree days. :)

The 'little pieces' don't necessarily have to be physical. Could he metaphorical, like something you see, ear or feel that brings out the kid in you again. :)

Comics for me. I still have all my comics. I'll still go to the shop once in a while. The conventions in the 80s and 90s with my dad and brother are great memories.

The 'little pieces' don't necessarily have to be physical. Could he metaphorical, like something you see, ear or feel that brings out the kid in you again. :)

There are many of those. The smell of fresh cut grass on a warm Spring or Summer day. Standing on the shore of a lake or river brings back memories of a lazy Summer day spent fishing. Or looking up at the nighttime sky if I'm away from the city brings memories of playing hide and seek or tag while the Milky Way shone in all its glory, or collecting lightning bugs in Mason Jars along the creek that ran behind our house. Better stop or I'm going to get downright maudlin. :)

1. My first switchblade, I moved to new York in 1973 at 4 years old, and in 1980 when I turned 11 I was given a switchblade to protect my self from gangs and such

2. My shades in 1984, I bought a pair of metal shades, I still wear them to this day ( although they are a tad bit rusty)

3. I was lucky enough to go to a comic signing where a young Stan lee signed my book and took a picture with me ( that picture isms now on my mantle )

I also have some toys like some Buzz Lightyear action figures, some HotWheels, some old games that I haven't played. I even still have a Gameboy Pocket (although it don't work no more)

I think it's basically shows/movies I used to watch or food that I used to eat a lot as a kid. It's not things that *couldnt* be enjoyed as an adult. But I'm sure a major part of why I'll crave those things every once in a while is just because I'm feeling nostalgic. Like, I'll wanna watch Tiny Toons or Disney movies like Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. And eat sour patch kids, blow pops, fruit roll ups, gummy lifesavers (I always liked the fruit candies :D )

I don't think there are any material things from my childhood that I'd be too bothered about holding on to.

One thing that gets me feeling nostalgic, though, is WWF wrestling (from the 90s). Not so long ago I went through a phase of watching old clips on Youtube, along with videos from the WhatCulture Wrestling channel that pertained to wrestlers from that period. Good fun! :)

I don't think there are any material things from my childhood that I'd be too bothered about holding on to.

One thing that gets me feeling nostalgic, though, is WWF wrestling (from the 90s). Not so long ago I went through a phase of watching old clips on Youtube, along with videos from the WhatCulture Wrestling channel that pertained to wrestlers from that period. Good fun! :)

Remember The Rock and Sock Connection? Haha! The good old days of wrestling.

Like Sonny, for me this is undoubtedly toy cars/trucks/trains. I could still easily lose myself in scenarios I would create with these as young boy.

I used to spend hours recreating real-life car-shows on our dining room table or on my bedroom floor. I'd use my Dad's vintage lorry models and my Mum's Liliput Lane ornamental buildings to make street scenes.

I even drew up my own race track once on a huge piece of card and developed a fully functioning championship for my micro-machines, having races every weekend.

The other thing I can easily lose myself in now is playing old computer games - MarioKart on the SNES is just as wonderful now to me as it was 20 years ago :)

Hmm. My CD collection, maybe? Not really sure. I still have my old N64, which knowing the fate of my SNES I refuse to let my sister take. I don't know, really, my family is big on throwing shit away. I still have old cd roms of pc games from when I was a kid. ...

Remember The Rock and Sock Connection? Haha! The good old days of wrestling.

You know what? I actually don't! lol

I knew the sock would have something to do with Mankind, but I had to google it to make sure what it was - don't think I ever saw them wrestling as a tag team! :shrug: But one of the videos I owned from that period included a brutal "I Quit" match between the two of them. It was kinda horrible. lol

Halloween and monster movies. I still love haunted houses and volunteer at a charity one each year. I do however seem to need less and less makeup each year to get my scare quota....... :eek:

1. My first switchblade, I moved to new York in 1973 at 4 years old, and in 1980 when I turned 11 I was given a switchblade to protect my self from gangs and such

2. My shades in 1984, I bought a pair of metal shades, I still wear them to this day ( although they are a tad bit rusty)

3. I was lucky enough to go to a comic signing where a young Stan lee signed my book and took a picture with me ( that picture isms now on my mantle )

You are the epitome of coolness; I mean it! The Fonz has learnt all he knows from you, hasn't he? :Cool2:

:man:

To the OP: much to the desperation of my SO, my hobbies have not changed since childhood: gaming (miniature wargames, RPG and video games), comics, fine arts, cartoons, and whatnot. Hard to say if that counts as something I cannot let go from my childhood, though; adults also enjoy their own versions of these.

My fascination for authors Jules Verne and Conan Doyle dates back from my childhood as well. I still have the original books' editions that I was reading as a kid (they are quite damaged now), but I cannot resolve buy newer versions of them. They are still proudly on display on top of my bookshelf!

Action figures and movie posters. I love the idea of heroes who rise above it all to do what's right and enact great justice. I have a small army between Star Wars, Marvel (just about every Daredevil worth owning), the DCTV Universe on the CW, various non-DCTV figures (anything related to the Flash), Transformers, and legions of RPG figurines. My vast collection of Star Trek and 80's Star Wars got trashed when I moved home from Fort Worth on the demands of my screeching (ex-)wife.

My best friend's kids love to visit my place where I shock everyone in saying they are there to play with. I'm make collectors cry; everything comes out of the box and gets posed. Children of any age are welcome to pick up whatever they want and remember better days. People ask me why I'm not worried about them getting broken. Who cares, if they aren't getting enjoyed what's the point? It's only money.

Black Series 6 Inch A New Hope.jpg2017 Rogue One Final #3.jpg

Many Blessings,
MidnightX

An illustrated anatomy book that was as big or bigger than I was when I took it with me to school in kindergarten. Still have it hanging around somewhere. :p

And a teddy bear I only stopped sleeping with after I "unintentionally" ripped it in half a little bit (I was in a LOT of pain in the hospital when I was 18, and thankfully I don't remember it at all; amnesia lack be a blessing ;)).

Oh! And a giant painted carousel-style horse my Nana painted for me that I still have from her. And a musical doll my other grandmother gave to me after she died. They're both dead so I cherish both items greatly,

Some of the things from my childhood are my Jacks, Chinese Jax, Chinese Jump Rope, and some of the movies that I own like The Goonies for example.

I still have my Gameboy Color, and the original Pokemon Silver Game. I'm not letting those go until they die out. It was the first pokemon game I ever got, I completed the pokedex and have so many Level 100s. I hoping to in the near future get an N64 and Pokemon Stadium 2.

I also still have Yu-Gi-Oh Cards. Including all 3 Egyptian God Cards, and all the pieces of Exodia. Never gonna let those go.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back