• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Java and new Firefox

MikeS

I recently tried to access the chat room which I've done thousands of times. But now it says it needs Java. (duh!) I already have Java, but I downloaded it again anyway. It said thank you and Java was installed okay. But now when I try to access the chat room it starts all over again saying that I need to install Java - just like before. Sigh...

I use Firefox, the latest version I guess, and I read somewhere that Firefox no longer allows Java. Is that right??? I also use Chrome and it hasn't supported Java for quite some time. That's why I load Firefox whenever I want to access the chat room. Now Firefox won't recognize Java! So I'm totally locked out of the chatroom!

Help! What can I do??? Thanks!

MikeS (member since forever...)

I have exactly the same problem it all worked ok 24 hours ago but not any more, tried Firefox, Chrome, & Edge anyone got any ideas

I believe Firefox's newest version has blocked all media plugins except for Flash. See the release notes for version 52: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/52.0/releasenotes/

Your options, unfortunately, are to uninstall Firefox and install an older version, making sure to not update it (note: I do NOT recommend this, since new versions of Firefox fix security bugs, among other things) or use a browser which allows Java. Internet Explorer may still work if you use Windows. I believe Chrome has long not allowed Java. I believe Opera still allows Java, so that is an alternative if you do not want to use Internet Explorer or if you do not use Windows.

I do not know when, or if, we will change the chatroom to a version that does not rely on Java, so I cannot give any guidance there.

There's a much simpler alternative if you prefer using Firefox instead of other browsers..... use the 32bit ESR 52 version. It says directly on the brand new Firefox52 32bit ESR 52 version that it accepts legacy programs such as JAVA. It is only the 64bit 52 version that won't allow JAVA.

It does say that even the 32bit 52 version will eventually eliminate JAVA, but probably not this year.

Thanks for your help, I have got back into chat by using windows explorer in windows 10 just typed IE into Cortana its not ideal but works, I think I will try what SharonP suggests about using the 32bit 52 version of FIREFOX

Hi all,

I've been in the same boat - locked out of the chat room for three weeks or so. Are there any other solutions than using an outdated and possibly unsecure version of Firefox? Basically I haven't found a browser (for Mac) that works.

And if this is the end....it's been a good run, TMF.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back