• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

David D'Amato is dead

No. Do not idolize this man... (If that is what you are doing?) If such a concept thrills you... how bout we come back to the here and now and let's hypothetically give it to someone who would give a healthy, meaningful, non criminal flavor to it. TMFJeffism. Myriadism. MaxSpeerism, Chicagoism, Wolfism.

Anybodybutthatguyism.

No WAY.

D'Amato can rot nameless in his grave for all I care. He is a speck on the criminal radar of sexual misconduct. Fuck him.

There's already a dudeism. subscribe to that.

Be careful in assuming "EVERYONE" has seen this documentary. Honestly, only hard core movie/documentary watchers and probably fellow tickle fetishists will watch it,
and most of those people are smarter than the average hick who just watches the Transformers and Fast and the Furious franchise. Not that there's anything wrong with those movies, but
there is simply 80% or more of the populations that, if it ain't a huge budget popular movie, ain't

Allow me to illustrate - I work in a place with hundreds of workers. I get along with all of them. We walk about everything, and of course what festivals, sporting events and movies
they watch.

They know I'm the guy who loves movies, especially sci-fi and comic book ones.

You ever saw The Flash TV series on the CW? I just discovered it. They just renewed it for a 4th season, absolutely incredible show.
Many, many more critics saw it and rated it than the Tickled documentary, there's been talk for a few years about it online, and ME, the sci-fi fan, never bothered to
check it out because.....it's on TV, how good can it be?!
It's incredibly addictive, and I enjoyed it better than the DC movies. Now, when I get excited about stuff, I let people know so they can get excited and be happy.

I've told people at work in our entertainment discussions about The Flash TV series...and only ONE!!! guy has watched it, who happens to be a huge movie fan like myself.
I mean, other movie fans haven't even seen this pretty popular show.

Okay, now....if so many people haven't seen, like Game of Thrones, Star Wars, The Flash, Transformers.....how many folks you encounter anywhere will even hear about
much less watch this obscure documentary about tickling? WE HERE are hyper aware of it, just as the furry community would be hyper aware of a documentary about evil furries, but
most of the world will have no clue or interest even if they did hear about it.

And those who DO watch it, will probably forget about it shortly after they watch it. I enjoyed the Planet Earth series, but I don't walk around thinking about it 24/7.

It's just so hard to get any fetishes mainstream and popular, unless it's a rare positive circumstance - someone saves 100 people from a burning building, and then he or she reveals
they have a tickle fetish....that usually doesn't come up in the talk show interviews....

True. Actually at this point we're probably thie only ones still discussing it. And even more acutley... it's not like the whole board is discussing it either. (No offense meant to the makers of the film whatsoever!!)

I have no intention to idealize him, and I do not say he deserves it anyway.

But it is the human nature – to remember memes, not real history. Do you know that Vikings had never worn those fancy horns on their helmets – it was a design drawn by a professional theater dresser in the mid 19-th century for one famous Wagner opera premiere, to emphasize this spectacular way the barbarism of those warriors? Vikings would be bemused at how we imagine them now.

So, if there is a demand for the embodiment of tickling in the society, there is a chance that a new legend could be born out of that story. It could be like that – in two hundred years, somewhere on Mars at Halloween party there would be Dracula the vampire with his pointed fangs, alongside with another guy, with... well, long fingernails, and all the guests will say: “We know that character – he had a blue beard and had tickled his ten wives to death and so was expelled to the Moon - tickling was strictly prohibited on Earth at the millennium!”

I mean the thrill of a scientist, who can observe the transformation of a potential meme’s germ into a legend, there nothing of real character remained. The only question is if there is demand for a tickling meme embodiment of some kind. Well, time will show.

Well I can't predict the future. So to be on the safe side I'll start the hunt for "TMF'S Most Sadistic, Crazy, Balls Flying Ler" and spout their name continuously. I'll make t-shirts, blogs, cups, hats, essays, advertisements, commercials, panties , and have benefit concerts all in this persons name. With
an entirely made up criminal background. "The Fall of Crazy Moo Moo". Just to push that "person" to the top of the evil pile for Tickling History. Just to ensure that doesn't happen.

:D

I have no intention to idealize him, and I do not say he deserves it anyway.

But it is the human nature – to remember memes, not real history. Do you know that Vikings had never worn those fancy horns on their helmets – it was a design drawn by a professional theater dresser in the mid 19-th century for one famous Wagner opera premiere, to emphasize this spectacular way the barbarism of those warriors? Vikings would be bemused at how we imagine them now.

So, if there is a demand for the embodiment of tickling in the society, there is a chance that a new legend could be born out of that story. It could be like that – in two hundred years, somewhere on Mars at Halloween party there would be Dracula the vampire with his pointed fangs, alongside with another guy, with... well, long fingernails, and all the guests will say: “We know that character – he had a blue beard and had tickled his ten wives to death and so was expelled to the Moon - tickling was strictly prohibited on Earth at the millennium!”

I mean the thrill of a scientist, who can observe the transformation of a potential meme’s germ into a legend, there nothing of real character remained. The only question is if there is demand for a tickling meme embodiment of some kind. Well, time will show.

I did know about the Viking helmet thing. Read about it in 8th grade, I think.
And people have the Internet, now, so word-of-mouth isn't the only communication available.
In 200 years, none of the people at your Halloween party on Mars would know about Terry DiSisto or David D'Amato.

I did know about the Viking helmet thing. Read about it in 8th grade, I think.
And people have the Internet, now, so word-of-mouth isn't the only communication available.
In 200 years, none of the people at your Halloween party on Mars would know about Terry DiSisto or David D'Amato.

Yeah... in the "hierarchy" of the criminal lot... Charles Manson "reigns". And Freddy Krueger and Jason Vorhees probably are the stars in films to watch that night lol.

Yeah... in the "hierarchy" of the criminal lot... Charles Manson "reigns". And Freddy Krueger and Jason Vorhees probably are the stars in films to watch that night lol.

Exactly! And unless there are some tickle fetishists with serious persecution complexes at that Halloween party on Mars in 2417, I don't see D'Amato even being thought about.
(Now, that's a sentence I never thought I'd write)

Indeed, I was perhaps too preoccupied with one idea, and neglected that people can have an emotional attitude to it.

All that I have recently read about that documentary made me feel that he, at least for a moment, became more or less recognizable to some degree in the mainstream. Then it occurred to me, that such a fame (or rather shame) once found de Sade, and half a century later, when only few scholars could remember the Marquis, one psychologist offered the term, which became so well known – at first only among scientist, and now among all the people.

So I thought, that if in two or three decades some sexologists will have to identify an “overwhelming sexual desire for tickling, one is ashamed of” in one word, the scientists can remember that almost forgotten, but the only one known name they saw on TV – a man of dark passion. For me it was merely an abstract idea, theorizing of possibilities, a spherical horse in a vacuum.

One can think, that I want it to be so – no way, I never want tickling itself or the community to be associated with an unpleasant person, and his name to be memorized. Perhaps I should apologize, because keeping in mind only an abstract idea, I totally missed out of sight that the very assumption of it can hurt feelings of many people here.

But it still intrigued me, if there is a ground for a certain niche for tickling among “ordinary” people, a distinct meme of some form, which can appear early or later.

Indeed, I was perhaps too preoccupied with one idea, and neglected that people can have an emotional attitude to it.
All that I have recently read about that documentary made me feel that he, at least for a moment, became more or less recognizable to some degree in the mainstream. Then it occurred to me, that such a fame (or rather shame) once found de Sade, and half a century later, when only few scholars could remember the Marquis, one psychologist offered the term, which became so well known – at first only among scientist, and now among all the people.
So I thought, that if in two or three decades some sexologists will have to identify an “overwhelming sexual desire for tickling, one is ashamed of” in one word, the scientists can remember that almost forgotten, but the only one known name they saw on TV – a man of dark passion. For me it was merely an abstract idea, theorizing of possibilities, a spherical horse in a vacuum.
One can think, that I want it to be so – no way, I never want tickling itself or the community to be associated with an unpleasant person, and his name to be memorized. Perhaps I should apologize, because keeping in mind only an abstract idea, I totally missed out of sight that the very assumption of it can hurt feelings of many people here.
But it still intrigued me, if there is a ground for a certain niche for tickling among “ordinary” people, a distinct meme of some form, which can appear early or later.

I don't see anyone with hurt feelings here; just people who are puzzled by your ideas and references. Perhaps there's a language barrier at play, although you communicate in English better than any number of native speakers on Facebook.
D'Amato wasn't ashamed of his tickle fetish; he was ashamed of his homosexuality, and that shame manifested itself in his female "alter ego" and virulent homophobia towards his victims.
If the TMF is still around in thirty years (perhaps as a VR experience accessible via direct neural interface), then D'Amato might still be a topic. Otherwise, I just don't see it being an issue.
Hell, someone else might take his place, or people like him might just go full Westworld and use robot sex slaves.

The man did some horrible things to people. However I personally don't feel qualified to say who deserves to live or die. That's up to a higher power than me. Does what he did reflect on the rest of us? I would say no. There are bad apples in virtually every group of people. We get some great threads on the TMF, but on some rare occasions I do see a tendency for unnecessary hand wringing about how we're perceived by the rest of society. Seriously, why worry about it?

a tendency for unnecessary hand wringing about how we're perceived by the rest of society.

It's almost like some of think the guy was actually terrible, and did terrible things. And not "WAAAAH THE MAINSTREAM GONNA THINK I'M WEIRD :c".

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back