• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cloned meat is apparently tasty.

I'll stick to the real animals.

I can understand why. Still, it amazes me that we can clone the edible tissue of an animal to the point where we can actually cook it and eat it. I wonder, could this lead to cloning limbs and organs for amputees and people desperately needing organ transplants?

Now, why would we do something as smart and humane as that? People would pay for something to eat. But who'd pay for the stuff for amputees and such (obviously not Trumpcare).

My understanding of cloning meat research is still pretty pricey (a few THOUSAND DOLLARS A POUND still). Fingers crossed such technology gets quickly picked up, so meat can be widespread - CHEAP! - without worries of all the wasted space, and the worse methane expulsion that comes from cows (for all you environmentally-friendly people ;)).

Let's think about how this cloning thingy works..... yeh, I don't know either

So, yeah, I had no idea we could actually take cells from poultry, pigs, and even cows, and apparently grow their meat in a lab. Also, it's apparently delicious. Huh. This might make the meat industry a bit more humane if it catches on. Hell, it might even mean we would have more food for everyone.

https://www.cnet.com/news/chicken-duck-meat-memphis-meats-lab-clean/

I read a science fiction story in which this was done with human tissue, taken from the buttocks of the protagonist. She loved the idea of all her dinner guests eating her ass without realizing what they were eating. :rowfull:

I read a science fiction story in which this was done with human tissue, taken from the buttocks of the protagonist. She loved the idea of all her dinner guests eating her ass without realizing what they were eating.

LOL. That's awful and hilarious at the same time.

Hey, if it looks, smells, tastes, and has the same nutritional content as "real" meat, then I'm all for it! I'd try a cloned cheeseburger for sure, if it wasn't so pricey...! XD

Slightly off topic, but has any progress been made on cloning CapturedDoll yet? Still waiting for my tickle toy. :laughhard:

Slightly off topic, but has any progress been made on cloning CapturedDoll yet? Still waiting for my tickle toy. :laughhard:

Forget it bub, I'm first in line. :p

Getting on topic, I don't know...if it ever becomes commercially viable and has some sort of track record I might try it.

As long as the company who is doing this ain't called Soylent.................

As long as the company who is doing this ain't called Soylent.

From what I'm aware of that movie, Soylent was actually taking dead humans and turning their corpses into food tablets. Basically a dystopian future where humanity has regressed to the point of devouring itself to survive (also at the end I think Charlton said something about the plankton in the oceans dying so humanity may have been destined to suffocate due to nature not producing enough oxygen for humans to breath). But yeah, I definately don't want to buy anything from a company bearing that name. What I do know is that over population is a severe issue and it will be critical to address that issue in the coming years (as our species rapidly approaches the eight billion mark).

Q:Where did you get that meat? A:From a lab. OMG! You're eating a dog???????? Maybe the clones will not need any antibiotics or growth hormones.

Maybe the clones will not need any antibiotics or growth hormones.

Hmmm...I'm not sure if their actually cloning the whole chicken, cow, pig, etc etc. They might just be cloning part of it (aka like it's muscle or an organ part).

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back