• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Redheads and ticklishness

Barbershopman

TMF Master
Read an interesting article on how being a redhead affects your health. It's been theorized on this site how people believe redheads are more ticklish than people of other hair colors, and it may be due to science.

The article mentions that a gingers' DNA may increase neural activity in the part of the brain that regulates pain reception. It theorizes that gingers may require more anesthesia to undergo surgery.

Now, the pain receptors also perceive touch and some people interpret ticklishness and pain the same way. Interesting article.

Barbershopman

Quick, round them up! For science!

Still, that's an interesting theory. I could see it, for completely baseless conjecture and, ah, whats the word for personal experiences that aren't necessarily indicative of objective truths? Blah, I can't remember. My impression was (gingers) were either more sensitive or their skin was, hm, for lack of a better word, not as thick skinned? Like they were just more fragile? But again, that's out of like, the 10 people I've ever taken note of in my life, haha.

Quick, round them up! For science!

Still, that's an interesting theory. I could see it, for completely baseless conjecture and, ah, whats the word for personal experiences that aren't necessarily indicative of objective truths? Blah, I can't remember. My impression was (gingers) were either more sensitive or their skin was, hm, for lack of a better word, not as thick skinned? Like they were just more fragile? But again, that's out of like, the 10 people I've ever taken note of in my life, haha.

Anecdotal evidence.

Another finding that could further Barbershopman's theory:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.livescience.com/29518-ticklish-laughter-brain.html

"Ticklish laughter also activated parts of the brain thought to be involved in anticipation of pain"

Or it could be hogwash lol.

BTW, for the OP, do you have a link to the article?

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I dated a redhead who definitely had the whole anesthesia resistance/sensitivity to pain thing going on, but she was barely ticklish.

Idk, redheads seems to be more ticklish than most but also seem to be the most vicious if they are lers, always thought more dark
hair women were more ticklish but it all depends.

The most unbearably ticklish women I knew were with dark hair.

I like the pic of this week though :)
eRxYbpu74Jw.jpg

I would love if there was some truth here. Few things I love more than a ticklish redhead.

...and blondes have more fun, and gentlemen marry brunettes. Some stereotypes are truer than others I guess. :idunno: :shrug:

Last edited:
Well, I personally will continue to stand by my belief that ticklishness is affected by no such superficial traits--not gender, not race or skin color, and certainly not hair color. That said, I do appreciate that this particular one seems to have scientific backing; it makes it a lot more credible.

Or maybe I'm just biased because I hella like redheads to begin with, I dunno. XD

Well, I personally will continue to stand by my belief that ticklishness is affected by no such superficial traits--not gender, not race or skin color, and certainly not hair color. That said, I do appreciate that this particular one seems to have scientific backing; it makes it a lot more credible.

Or maybe I'm just biased because I hella like redheads to begin with, I dunno. XD

might be more the second than the first lol. Idk I still tend to find more brown or black hair girls more ticklish, but that's like asking are White women more ticklish than any other race of women ya know? just depends on experience I guess. Or what you like

I doubt there's any scientific correlation between hair color and being ticklish. Ticklishness really comes from socialization. However, I hear what you're saying. Redheads can make particularly attractive subjects of the passion we all share here.

Last edited:
I doubt there's any scientific correlation between hair color and being ticklish. Ticklishness really comes from socialization.
The truth is that any statement someone makes can be considered wrong. Just because there are always too many exceptions. Socialization, skin color, hair color, body type, personality. We just don't know what is tickling and why it works the way it works. And no one among the scientists is interested in finding out. We can only do our own research.

Judging by our personal experience (doing tickle therapy) I can tell you that you can meet any level of ticklishness among any type of person. Not to mention that the level of ticklishness can change even through the session.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back