• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"That" 1940s Daredevil comic is up for sale again (the tickling cover!)

Oddjob0226

4th Level Indigo Feather
I'm a collector and am always happy to see these surface on the market. He's asking a high price but needs to sell fast, so he will discount the price for you if you ask.

Still too much money for me at this point, even with the discount, but these Daredevil covers so rarely come to the market. On my comicshop.com alone they are selling *just the cover* for over $500.

The slabbed full comic for less than $1,500 - from the standpoint of a collector - is not a terrible deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361869019806?_trksid=p2055359.m2763.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

IMG_0077.JPG
(not the specific comic he is selling, but an example of it since the file extension didn't work for some reason).

Wow--that's fantastic -- I was completely ignorant of this one thank you for enlightening me! Has anyone here had the chance to read this particular issue (PDF form or otherwise)? Just curious if the cover art has anything to do with the content. I know it's not exclusive to Golden Age comics but, very often, the cover can have little to do with the story inside, lol.

I have always loved comic covers that depicted any form of bondage...well almost any kind I guess. This is pretty amazing, especially considering when it came out, ticklephiles had few options (outside of actual tickling0 through which to get their fix!

I think the rarity (and associated cost) is partly that it features a bondage cover and specifically indicates M/F tickling rather than violence or impending death per the usual bondage cover. It is a rarity among rarities.

The comic's story is available online but the bondage scene is nowhere in the issue. I think the woman gets kidnapped and that's about it. It involves an actor dressed as Quasimodo taking revenge. No tickling in the comic at all.

Also, if you negotiate with the seller, he'll basically drop the comic to half price of what he is asking. I may actually take a leap at this.

The comic's story is available online but the bondage scene is nowhere in the issue. I think the woman gets kidnapped and that's about it. It involves an actor dressed as Quasimodo taking revenge. No tickling in the comic at all.

That's about what I expected and I'm not surprised. That used to drive me nuts when I was a kid and the story elements depicted on the cover weren't actually in the issue, lol. Great cover though :)

They always lure you in with hot covers, then nothing is in the comic that was hinted at. It's old school clickbait!

Wait, that's an actual comic cover???

I think I saw that picture before and thought it was a tickle fetish parody cover. I had no idea it was a real cover of a real Daredevil comic. :D

Wait, that's an actual comic cover???

I think I saw that picture before and thought it was a tickle fetish parody cover. I had no idea it was a real cover of a real Daredevil comic. :D

Oh yes, it is real! They did an even more violent one several issues later where a bound woman is getting her hair pulled, being whipped, and having molten metal (?) poured on her foot all at the same time!

Part of the high cost of this comic is the rarity of a 1940s bondage cover still being intact and the art being so well done. Many comics of the time ended up in paper drives for the war effort. Part of the rarity, though, is the subject matter. Most bondage covers had women tied up, often being threaten, stretched, or whipped. This is the only 1940s female bondage/tickling cover I know about.

I was able to negotiate some with the owner on price, so it's mine now!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back