• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How did you get started in tickling?

billys_feet

Just out of curiosity...what did you experience or witness that you think got you started on the path of a tickling fetish?

And because of what you experienced or witnessed..do you still enjoy that same type of tickling...or has it changed?

I think there are basically two types of people with tickling fetishes. Computers can be used to make a good analogy. There are "software" types and "hardware" types. I'm a hardware type. Being into tickling has been a part of my psyche from my earliest childhood memories. There wasn't an event that got me into it. It's an innate, hardwired part of who I am, it's always been there. The "software" type of tickle fetishist "downloaded" their interest in tickling because of an event that happened in their life, but for many if us, there was no such event. We were born with it. I'll leave it to the "software" tickle fetishists to figure out which experience or event brought out their love of tickling. For me personally, it was not caused by any external event. It's in my DNA.

Good analogy!^^^^^^ I too, am a "hardware" type. Now, there were things that reinforced that type over the years, but the underlying desire to tickle has been in me as long as I can remember.

I always like making people laugh, so being able to force people to peaked my interests

I'd have to say that, for me at least, Sensualswitch10 stated it perfectly with that analogy. I guess it could also be said for those Pre-internet and those post-internet. Certainly those who are post-internet had it easier and practically all at their fingertips.

Like Billys_Feet asked, yes I've witnessed and experienced a lot of things that have changed my tickling path and style along the way. For me it's been an up and down and then up again ride. It was wired in my psyche and came alive more so in my teens when I just had to tickle every girl I dated it seems. And then became darker and richer into my twenties with more torture aspects and heavy bondage attached to it. It was then I felt most alone and outcast with this combination of needs. When the internet sprang to life it was really cool at first but then all the squabbling and fights started. I grew weary of that, could take it or leave it. The internet seemed to water it down. Nothing ever really lived up to the fictional stories I'd read or the cartoons from BAC or even some of the earlier more high quality bondage magazines once available. Like others, I did the NEST thing a couple times but honestly it was uncomfortable to see adults all standing around watching one person volunteering to be tickled with no implication of any sexuality connected to it. It seemed hollow. Anyway, could be insecurity on my own part as I was just another wallflower. I did the Paddles thing and other places. Meeting ladies into this sort of thing was all but impossible. They seemed to vanish with the internet too. Then at the end of that rope, a chance meeting with Kujman and friends and being graciously invited to his home [through the auspices of a West Coast bud], where I had the chance to participate in one of his marvelous weekend long tickle-torture-inquisition-themed events, turned my world around. Like sky rockets going off inside me, and for others there as well I assume but I was just too dazed to take others in. Every thing that anyone could ever dream of or want from tickling, all those fictional stories and drawings, was brought to life in physical form. It as like a wine I'd never tasted even though I thought I'd been in the tickling wine cellar for years. He showed me what could be in tickling with the right people and the right passion. He also paired me up and introduced me to my gal! And we've been together ever since.

So for those who feel frustrated or feel their tickle path is obscured or that they're alone and will never find their mate or friends who will understand their particular needs within tickling I say hang in there because I was like you once and there is hope and it can happen to you too!

I think there are basically two types of people with tickling fetishes. Computers can be used to make a good analogy. There are "software" types and "hardware" types. I'm a hardware type. Being into tickling has been a part of my psyche from my earliest childhood memories. There wasn't an event that got me into it. It's an innate, hardwired part of who I am, it's always been there. The "software" type of tickle fetishist "downloaded" their interest in tickling because of an event that happened in their life, but for many if us, there was no such event. We were born with it. I'll leave it to the "software" tickle fetishists to figure out which experience or event brought out their love of tickling. For me personally, it was not caused by any external event. It's in my DNA.

You hit the nail on the proverbial head. I'm a hardware guy and I often wish I wasn't. The kink is embedded in such a way that it was very hard to find satisfaction during my teen years and twenties. Now I'm a bit older and less driven by out of control hormones so I suffer much less. However, when you're going through that part of your life, when sexual activity seems to almost constantly driving your thoughts, because your body is programmed to long for a companion at that phase, it's very hard to have a hardwired tickling kink. You're faced with a compulsion that can really screw up your first few relationships. Later you can keep it in check but not so much then.

That's swerving a little off the OP's questions but I found what Sensualswitch10 said to be very insightful so I thought I'd comment.

Just out of curiosity...what did you experience or witness that you think got you started on the path of a tickling fetish?

And because of what you experienced or witnessed..do you still enjoy that same type of tickling...or has it changed?

Science fiction books and wondering why mentions of "tingling" got me excited in irrational manner. And of course I was tickled as a child, I guess I made it pleasant to myself but I still knew I hated it so I turned my feelings inside out and got interested in tickling other people.

TL;DR A lot of shit.

Clearly a lot of our posters here are computer literate and I have to piggy back on that great analogy for sure. I'm definitely a hardware guy for sure. I've been into tickling for as long as I can remember. At daycare tickling the babysitter and her neice's feet under the table, in elementary tickling girls whenever the opportunity presented itself, fantasizing over tickling in middle school, and then taking a more aggressive approach in high school, luring tickle victims in under the guise of a science experiment (this lasted into college.....great scheme). With the expansion of the internet I'd say my hard-wiring can be influenced by different software in that, seeing the possibilities available with respect to others who share the kink and types of experiences one can have, its just an evolving spectrum. Today I've had great tickling experiences in my personal life, have gone to fetish parties, NEST, and have a very ticklish gf who's a member here on TMF......and she's set to move in next weekend :). Just seeing how deep this rabbit hole goes and enjoying the ride!

Tickling suddenly became a thing for me one day when I was nine years old and I saw a girl that I knew (and rather liked the look of) lead a gang-tickling attack on another boy at school. It was like a circuit was completed inside me and a light went on. I have no idea why. I had encountered one or two tickling situations before that without it changing me, then that day arrived, and - something happened. I think maybe the earlier encounters had been more playful, while the one at school was more malicious and intense, and that weird mixing of something playful with a serious and darker intent just blew my mind and awoke something in me that I have been wrestling with (quite enjoyably) ever since. Maybe it matched something in my personality, which has those two paradoxical elements in it - the playful and the intense.

So I think you could say that for me tickling is in the software rather than the hardware. My hardware is high-grade enough to accommodate the concept (or to put it another way, I'm ticklish), but the fascination was uploaded into me from something outside me.

Since I was an observer of the gang-tickling incident and not a participator, I suppose it could in theory have led me to become a Ler OR a Lee, but in practice it made me a definite Ler. That part of me, at least, seems to have been hard-wired.

Hardwired for me. From my earliest memories, I can recall tickling the feet of my Mother and Grandmother. Then came to Popeye cartoons. Its been fun ever since!!!!

One fetish led to another for me.

I started off being facinated with bellybuttons, and found out as I got older that it was a fetish. Then upon seeing more & more vids that involved bellybutton tickling, a tickling fetish just eventually came along. That fetish eventually led to my foot fetish. Though the foot fetish isn't as big as the first two.

Just to touch briefly on the 'hardware' vs. 'software'...I don't know how one could differentiate between their tickling fetish 1) being in their DNA, or 2) being the result of experiences that occurred before their earliest memories. Very few people can recall events before the age of 3 (childhood amnesia). Just as a vignette, I've got a 1.5 y/o nephew who I get to spend a lot of time with, and I have fun being a 'tickle monster' :p Don't worry, I keep it playful, and he loves it (he's able to sign, and he'll let me know 'more') He's always excited when he's knows it's coming b/c he gets the 'anticipation giggles' XD and he'll give me big hugs afterward <3 And, recently I'm quite sure he's trying to tickle me so that I 'get revenge'. He came up to me when I was just standing, hugged my leg, then gave me sorta just wee little pinches smiling up at me really big. I got the idea that his intention was tickling, so I squeezed his little thigh in 'retaliation', and he laughed like crazy and immediately was signing 'more'. aww. So anyway...he obviously won't remember anything specifically thus far in his life. He's just too young. Might he grow up to have the fetish? Maybe..maybe not. If he does, will it have been influenced by me (or his experiences in general), or will it be that he has 'always had' it? Might it be that a tickling fetish is a potential in everyone (or most people), and it just takes the right set of conditions to 'activate' it? I don't know. And yes, I'm obviously not the first person to contemplate 'nature or nurture'. Also, please spare me incestuous innuendo...obviously tickle fetishists are able to have a non-sexual tickling fascination in their early years, only for it become sexual later on. I think that's the case for most of us.

I can't pin down the first time tickling caught my attention. Any memory I have of seeing or hearing about tickling, either on tv or irl, is one where I felt a visceral connection to it. It always stood out. But, those would be the tickling instances I can remember, wouldn't they be? If I had encounters with tickling that didn't 'strike a cord' in me, those would've been truncated from my memory decades ago. I'm 28 today. Very early (~5 y/o), I remember being drawn to tickling scenes like in Jungle Book, Popeye, TMNT. Back then, when there was such a slim selection, I would take anything tickle-related I could get. Most scenes definitely feature feet tickling, which I enjoy. But what I think I enjoy more is upper body tickles of underarms/sides. And most of that I would see in real life; often I was the victim of it. But if I'm watching vids these days...so many are foot-focused, and I can really enjoy those because mine are very ticklish. But, I think I like seeing underarm/side tickling to a higher degree, because I'm really freaking ticklish there :2poke: And the type of ticking I like, fingernails/feathers continuously stroking underarms/sides until the lee is hysterical, rib-tickly poking, fingernails and feathers on helplessly restrained feet/toes...because these all work on me. Or DO they? XD

Last edited:
I've had the fetish as long as I can remember, but as far as "getting started" - I suppose it would be tying up boyfriends in high school and tickling them until they couldn't take it (or broke my restraints). At 19 years old I had my first "real session" with a guy who actually had the fetish, and it was life changing for me. That made me really seek out other people who love tickling the way I do. Fortunately I married one of my best friends from high school and he also got into tickling when we started dating.

My earliest recollection of noticing it goes back to the old magic specials they used to have on TV. The sawing in half illusion almost always ended up with an assistant getting tickled. There were also some television commercials and cartoons although I can't remember specifically which ones.
For me, the interest has always been there.

Um... as soon as I knew what that action meant in word form, upon hearing the word "tickling" I'd have an explosive internal freakout. I never knew it could be any different than that. I mean, doesn't everyone react that way when they hear/read that word? Or any similar teasing of the like?(Not to mention actually seeing such an act on TV, or real life!!! :eek2:)

And for the earlier person, not seeing it as wrong at all (I think almost EVERY child who is taught to be comfortable expressing themselves wants more teeeckles!!) I can remember AT LEAST three instances from when I was three or younger (now, the last is walking up to my one grandmother's tombstone; being able to remember her and her house vividly [I explained the scenery in such detail they knew it wasn't from someone else, no pictures available, and other reasons blahblahblah], and... yup. I don't think what you're doing is "wrong" for any reasons, seeing the people who can't differentiate between the differences as more of the problem.

My "interest" has waned and waxed, largely due to embarrassment and focussed repressing, but *shrug* I think it's just something I have. Like some people can lick their elbows and others can't.

Bet you tried to lick your elbow after reading that, huh? ;) I've only met one person who was able to do that and only because he could freely dislocate his shoulder (physically, we shouldn't be able to lick our elbows. If you haven't tried already, go ahead and please prove me wrong. If you're victorious, I might just show you some other freaky stuff I can do :devilish: [NOT Pervy you pervs!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:]).

I'm not sure if this is but an (indefinitely lingering!! :rant:) 'passing fad' or something more akin to my eye colour. Depending on who I end up with, I may wish it a fad (because they aren't and I don't want to needlessly waste time on such an apparent "frivolity", or because they are into tickling and... I REALLY wish I could have a break and NOT react once! XD) but as far as past research and observation can dictate, it's something I'm stuck with, like it or lump it. Hm, who knew science could be so... entertaining (AND PERVERTED YOU LOUTS!!!! Oh, I'm a perv too? :bwahaha: )

Last edited:
Did anybody read that Tales from The Crypt story about the guy that laughed himself to death? Just wondering.

I just remember wanting to have this girl I liked tickle me or let me tickle her. I don't know what might have started it but that's the earliest recollection I have, my memory of age 8 and further back is hazy at best.

Magic. At a young age I was fascinated by illusions that would use pretty assistants and seeing them get there nylon feet tickled. It also spun off a deep interest in magic that has continued through my life outside of the tickling fetish. It now at times can be a crossover of both interests. In the magic circle, I am known as an historian/collector/consultant. I have worked for and with a number of magician/illusionists over the years as well as consulted to some theatre productions. I have a large collection of magic props, books, magazines and it includes a few illusions. In my lifetime, I have owned two thin model sawings but no longer. I still have two zig zags and a mismade lady. All of this has lead to some incredible nylon foot tickling experiences.

In keeping with Sensualswitch's very clever analogy, I am more the "software" type. I was in college when it first really piqued my interest. I often would babysit my younger cousin, some of his friends and occasionally my younger sister. The boys would often playfully gang up one and tickle me. In that case, obviously it was all playful, innocent fun. However, I did get a bit of a thrill from being overpowered and really enjoyed the tickling sensation. It catered to my power play kink, but I suppose that is a whole other thing. Being the center of attention also did wonders for my self esteem lol

From there, it just kind of grew into a fun thing to do with the guys I dated, and I even enjoyed seeing other people playfully tickling each other. To this day I still enjoy being tickled by my husband, watching tickling videos, reading stories and chatting with others about our experiences.

I can just remember having a thing for stocking feet from a very early age. I don't remember any one specific incident, but just recall going all tingly whenever I'd see women in stocking feet in real life or on TV. Tickling wasn't a part of that at the time, but when I was about 8 I saw the David Copperfield magic show when he sawed Catherine Bach into three and tickled her feet (albeit fake ones).

The seed was planted that day, but fully flowered when I was 11 and tickled my aunt's stocking feet. She wasn't ticklish, but liked having her feet tickled and massaged as it relaxed her. Before the event, I'd by chance heard my grandmother say that my aunt liked having her feet tickled and those words stayed with me for some time. When I found myself tickling my aunt's feet, I was transfixed by the softness of her feet, the material of her tights, the way my fingers glided over her stocking soles and her appreciative reactions. Although it wasn't tickling as I'd come to know and like it, it's what got me started.

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back