• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Scary TV/film moments from childhood

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Just stuff you saw on TV or in a film which scared you as a kid - especially stuff that struck you as tame/laughable once you were grown-up!

For instance, I was scared of The Incredible Hulk lol. The show - which originally aired in the late 70s, I believe - was broadcast on British
television about a decade later. For some reason, the sight of Lou Ferrigno painted green, wearing ripped denim and an odd-looking wig (made
from yak hair, apparently!) scared the bejeezus out of me!

Anyone? :)

I can't think of a single one honestly. Even at a very young age I understood it wasn't real, so there was nothing to be scared of. Never thought there were monsters lurking under my bed or in the closet either.

Ok, so mine was from a bad Halloween movie....Halloween 3 - Season of the Witch.
That damn jingle that was played....."Happy Happy Halloween...Silver Shamrock." Damn techno keyboard music scared the hell
out of me as a kid.
Now I take it for what it was....a really really bad movie with no Michael Myers.

As a young boy, the Winter Warlock from the Christmas special "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" terrified me.

As a young teen, the movie "Jaws" scared me. And a little later on, certain scenes from the movie "Poltergeist" scared the bejesus ouf of me.

Those are a few that came to mind immediately.

The "Piranha" films scared me to death... Especially in part 2 when they flew out of the water. And yet I loved them and still do lol. Piranha 3-d from a few years ago released was SO fun. :)

Also the original "Night Of The Living Dead." I felt shell shocked after seeing that.

And currently... I finally saw World War Z last year... and have never been so scared in my life. That was TERRIFYING. Aside from The Walking Dead. That's the last zombie film or show I ever watch.

I hated the wolf in Never Ending Story. Freaked the crap outta me! Also, Fire in the Sky, when the aliens are experimenting on Travis Walton. I thought for sure I was next!!

Ever seen the old Disney film Ichabod and Mister Toad? It was a double feature, the first part a version of The Wind in the Willows, and the second a telling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
The Wind and the Willows I always loved.
Sleepy Hollow, on the other hand, scared the ever-loving fuck out of Little Me. I wanted no part of that crazy shit. It wasn't until I was in my early teens that I dared to watch that segment again... XD

Also, while it wasn't like, straight-up nightmare fuel or anything, there was one particular episode of Spongebob that always alarmed me when I was little. It was the one where Spongebob breaks his ass and as a result develops a pathological fear of going outside, and Patrick and Sandy spend the entire episode trying to convince him to leave his house.

And then this happens: https://media.giphy.com/media/GvqBSLhZiaZxu/giphy.gif
Guh...! Fucking gorilla... OwO

I hated the wolf in Never Ending Story. Freaked the crap outta me!

Jesus fuck, yeah, it's name was G'mork and it was FUCKING NIGHTMARE FUEL!

That film should not have been rated G in any universe. It should have been rated PG-13 at least cause holy hell man. The horse death scene was bad enough. :(

Jesus fuck, yeah, it's name was G'mork and it was FUCKING NIGHTMARE FUEL!

That film should not have been rated G in any universe. It should have been rated PG-13 at least cause holy hell man. The horse death scene was bad enough. :(

I always had to speed through the horse scene!

There were two that I can remember. First was an Outer Limits episode called "The Zanti Misfits". The planet Zanti sends a spaceship of what turns out to be criminals to Earth and these things escape the remote location where the ship lands. I remember that Bruce Dern stars as a guy that wanders into the area where the ship lands and they attack him. Before you ever see them you hear him screaming "GET OFF ME". When you finally get to see the Zantis they turn out to be ants the size of small dogs and they all had these human looking faces. Seeing one of those things still creeps me out.

The other was a little gem called "Fiend Without A Face" starring Marshall Thompson. This was made back in the 50's when radiation was going to kill us all. These invisible creatures would attack people and suck their brains out through holes they would punch in their skulls. The scientists figure out how to make the creatures visible and when they do you wish they hadn't. They turn out to be crawling brains with spinal cords attached. They were really gross to look at and when they would get shot they would bleed and collapse. Good thing I saw it on a Saturday afternoon because I needed time to forget about it before the sun set.

There were two that I can remember. First was an Outer Limits episode called "The Zanti Misfits". The planet Zanti sends a spaceship of what turns out to be criminals to Earth and these things escape the remote location where the ship lands. I remember that Bruce Dern stars as a guy that wanders into the area where the ship lands and they attack him. Before you ever see them you hear him screaming "GET OFF ME". When you finally get to see the Zantis they turn out to be ants the size of small dogs and they all had these human looking faces. Seeing one of those things still creeps me out.

The other was a little gem called "Fiend Without A Face" starring Marshall Thompson. This was made back in the 50's when radiation was going to kill us all. These invisible creatures would attack people and suck their brains out through holes they would punch in their skulls. The scientists figure out how to make the creatures visible and when they do you wish they hadn't. They turn out to be crawling brains with spinal cords attached. They were really gross to look at and when they would get shot they would bleed and collapse. Good thing I saw it on a Saturday afternoon because I needed time to forget about it before the sun set.

Just googled the big ants with human faces. Those things are SOOOOO creepy!

chucky always creeped me out as a kid years later when I got older I realized how corny those movie were

Re: Jaws
I think I would also have been in my teens when I first watched the film in its entirety. But I have a vague memory from when I was younger than that of walking in while my mum and brother were watching it - right in time to see Quint getting eaten alive! That was bad timing lol. Saw it again quite recently. I know people like to make fun of how unrealistic the shark is... But that scene is still pretty terrifying, if you ask me.

Re: Piranha II
Just looked that up on Wikipedia. I didn't realize - or maybe I'd just forgotten - that that was a James Cameron film! Not that I've seen it, I should say. Couple of funny quotes on the Wikipedia entry, though. Cameron himself called it "the best flying piranha film ever made" and one critic said that the piranhas looked like "haddock with dentures". lol!

Re: Spongebob
lol I forgot how weird that show was.

Geezer memories alert!! I remember waaaaaaaay back in the 1960's being scared silly by the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz, the 1930's and 1940's Universal horror classic movies and the Rathbone/Bruce version of The Hound of the Baskervilles( I was bitten by a dog when I was nine). I had/have always loved Halloween and scary stuff, which comes in handy now when I have to shave.;)

Geezer memories alert!! I remember waaaaaaaay back in the 1960's being scared silly by the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz, the 1930's and 1940's Universal horror classic movies and the Rathbone/Bruce version of The Hound of the Baskervilles( I was bitten by a dog when I was nine). I had/have always loved Halloween and scary stuff, which comes in handy now when I have to shave.;)

I think the flying monkeys scared a lot of people! Terrifying thought...

Back in 1980, there was an episode of the TV Buck Rogers show that featured a space vampire with glowing eyes. Scared me pretty darn good.

I always had to speed through the horse scene!

I honestly wish I had never seen the fucking movie thanks to that damn scene. I cried for the entire day afterwards. Jesus fuck why was that movie pitched as a children's movie?

Back in 1980, there was an episode of the TV Buck Rogers show that featured a space vampire with glowing eyes. Scared me pretty darn good.

Oooo...was it Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? If so, then yeah, I remember that episode. Very scary. :D

Anyone remember John Carpenter's "The Thing"? I'm not talking about the shitty ass 2011 remake. I'm talking about the awesome and quite scary 1982 film. It was one of the last few films to NOT USE CGI for their effects. :D

My parent took my brother and me, 9 years old at the time, to the movies to see Wait Until Dark. Although most of the movie was pretty benign, the last ten minutes of the movie were scary as Hell. Why the hell my parents would take a 9 and 11 year old to a movie like that is beyond me. :confused:
I remember during the final scenes you weren't allowed to light a cigarette (yes, smoking was once permitted in theaters) and the house lights were turned off to create total darkness in the theater. Alan Arkin played a Psyco and Audrey Hepburn played a blind woman that mistakenly received a shipment of heroine. It was a good movie, but not for a 9 year old lol.

My parent took my brother and me, 9 years old at the time, to the movies to see Wait Until Dark. Although most of the movie was pretty benign, the last ten minutes of the movie were scary as Hell. Why the hell my parents would take a 9 and 11 year old to a movie like that is beyond me. :confused:
I remember during the final scenes you weren't allowed to light a cigarette (yes, smoking was once permitted in theaters) and the house lights were turned off to create total darkness in the theater. Alan Arkin played a Psyco and Audrey Hepburn played a blind woman that mistakenly received a shipment of heroine. It was a good movie, but not for a 9 year old lol.

Now that you mention it my friend Bill and I saw that film. We would have been around the same age, maybe a little older. You're right about the last ten minutes being intense.

Anyone remember John Carpenter's "The Thing"? I'm not talking about the shitty ass 2011 remake. I'm talking about the awesome and quite scary 1982 film. It was one of the last few films to NOT USE CGI for their effects. :D

Heck yeah! Kurt Russell was awesome in that! Good flick.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back