• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hello my beautiful people!

butterflytickles

TMF Regular
I usually never post here. Actually I never have! Basically I'm just here to ask for some support and/or kind words about what's going on with my life. I know, that sounds pathetic but I have a lot going on right now and could use support and fresh ideas!

I'm a 22yr old female who's a first generation college student. It's been a LONG road to get to where I am, but I'm proud of making it here.

I'm about to graduate in May. I have been accepted to an internship this summer. I have applied for Grad schools and I should be hearing from one this week. That is super stressful too! It's only 51 days until I graduate. I'm starting to feel the struggle and stress of finishing college. I'm constantly working on my senior thesis. If I'm not doing that then I'm working at my job.

I go to class all day then work at night. I also commute and with the Baltimore beltway I am a solid hour from home to school. I used to live on campus but this past year I decided that I needed to move back home :) I usually don't mind the commute but it wears on ya.

I'm incredibly lucky to be where I am, but there are times when it just feels like it won't let up. Finding people who relate to the struggle of being a first generation working college student who's graduating isn't easy.

I'm just looking for some love as I'm a little down.

Thanks Babes! :bubbleheart: :wub:

You are working hard toward your goals, and the time is a real bite of your week, leaving less for other things, including self-care. So it's easy to feel a bit aimless and forgotten as a result.

Things will be changing for you soon, with work and grad school, and the new paths they hold.

Just remember that all this is what you need to pass through to get to your goal, and you are doing that. Congratulations on your soon to be graduation, and the first for your family.

Myriads

Congratulations on your forthcoming college graduation. I hope you are able to attend the grad school of your choice and that things start to get a little less stressful for you.

Sending love over the airwaves :lover::bubbleheart::lover::bubbleheart::lover::bubbleheart::lover:
It should arrive tomorrow morning at which time you will inexplicably hug yourself, smile and feel warm and fuzzy. Seriously though, hang in there, you've already accomplished a lot and I'm sure your family is very proud of you. Just keep on truckin, you've got this!

I just have to say, being the first in your family to graduate is already a monumental achievement, and though you have stress, worry and negative emotions, that's simply a normal part of life, when you near ending a great feat. This is called eustress, a positive stress one feels before the fulfillment of a large feat. If you can picture, many people feel such stress right before they walk down the aisle on their wedding days. The nearer it draws, the more their body seems to "rebel", but it's ALL for a good cause. This kind of stress is healthful and beneficial.
I say, don't fight the emotions, but try to draw on the positive notes from this experience. You've already been accepted into post-secondary school - Way to go! You've already survived and conquered three solid years, and almost another one - Way to go! You are about to fulfill getting that inordinately expensive piece of paper in UNDER TWO MONTHS - way to go!
You've come so far; you have only further exploits to experience, novel and amazing! You go girl!

Remember, metaphorical 'checklist' checked off or not, simply having the will to learn and continue improving yourself is the most important thing! Whether 22 or 92, as long as you're willing to learn, it's still possible!

Way to go, girl! You rock, Sara! :hysteriatrain:

Praying all the best for you while you wait for new, fulfilling experiences! :D

Last edited:
Congrats on graduation! I'm in college as well at the moment, so I know how hard it is, although doubtless you've had tougher classes than I have. Good luck with Graduate School!

Sara, you just hit mile 25 in a marathon. One more mile to go and you've crossed that line that so many people wish they could, but can't for one reason or another. Mighty congrats on a well run race with the finish line in sight. Once there, you'll get to take a breather and regroup before moving on to your next challenge. Remember, it's not the destination but the drive itself that offers adventure. Savor every moment of it. You've earned that right.

Just be sure to let us know when it's time to call you Dr. Butterfly :) And hey, when you have a minute can you crunch some numbers for me ;)

Bravo on a job well done!!

Congratulations! You should be very proud of your achievement. As the first college graduate in my family, I can relate. I remember feeling very proud, but also a little strange about it all. Life is challenging and full of hard work and ups and downs, but if you focus on what's really important to you and on helping people, I know you'll have a great impact on the world. Wishing you the best, always.

Congratulations on your hard work and determination. You have delayed gratification(duh!) and now the reward that nobody can EVER take away from you is in sight!! WOOT!! Your internship entity knows a good, intelligent, hard-working, multitasking, dedicated lady when they see one! Best luck on the grad school acceptance.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back