• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Clips4Sale Tribute

ticklingj

TMF Expert
I was poking around Clips4Sale earlier and I saw this tribute button where you give money to the studio I was looking at (I assume so, anyway. Maybe C4S gets it?) and get nothing in return. What would one's motivation be to send them extra money? Is it like a tip? Charity? Can I claim it on my Schedule A? Just curious.

Believe it or not if you look at line 2 of Schedule A they just added a section where....nah not really. But yeah I think it is kind of like a tip. With some of these producers after the cost of the camera, the lights, the equipment, paying the model, renting the space, etc. some clips don't turn a profit, even the popular ones. So the tribute is a way to ensure that your favorite producer(s) can keep doing what they do.

A tribute is often used as a term for a gift of a sub to a dom "in tribute" to their status or in appreciation or whatever. Not sure if it is being used that way in this context.

Don't ever let producers tell you they don't make money off videos. I made a couple basic videos with ticklish women and made hundreds of dollars. And when people order custom videos...I made a couple thousand dollars.

Don't ever let producers tell you they don't make money off videos. I made a couple basic videos with ticklish women and made hundreds of dollars. And when people order custom videos...I made a couple thousand dollars.

That isn't necessarily the case for all producers. Lots of producers do make money but there are plenty of smaller producers run at a loss and then retire...many of us will have made losses for periods of time in order to keep going.

You may make a few hundred dollars on a clip fairly easily if you aren't having to pay professional models, but the profit margin gets squeezed very heavily when your monthly overheads are through the roof...monthly model fees will be in the thousands for most of the larger producers and it's tough to keep that up after a time as sales go up and down. I make a steady income but I also have to shoulder the cost of all those shoots that I can't even use because the model just didn't work out for whatever reason - and the lease on my studio, gas, electric, etc.

The introduction of the tribute button probably comes from the fact that more models are now opening studios and selling content directly. There is a trend for fans to throw money and gifts at models and cam-girls (mostly for nothing at all in return), and tributes have become common place on cam-sites, Twitter etc. Clips4sale caught up with that trend but I suspect it doesn't work the same way for (mostly male) producers as no one wants to throw money at guys that make videos..I've never activated it myself anyway!

Don't ever let producers tell you they don't make money off videos.

I don't make money off videos. By all means, tell me what I'm doing wrong because at this point I have no idea.

turtleboy said:
There is a trend for fans to throw money and gifts at models and cam-girls (mostly for nothing at all in return), and tributes have become common place on cam-sites, Twitter etc. Clips4sale caught up with that trend but I suspect it doesn't work the same way for (mostly male) producers as no one wants to throw money at guys that make videos.

Saved me the trouble. Most clips4sale stores are run by models and camgirls, and those are the primary targets of the Tribute button for the reasons turtleboy stated.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back