• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Don Rickles dies at 90.

Just heard about it on CNN. RIP if you can Don Rickles.

Don Rickles, what a beauty, he will be missed... A legend

I am so bummed by this news. Flags at Half Mast for CPO Sharkey and Crapgame. I'm going to watch "Kelley's Heroes" this weekend in his memory.

That hockey puck would do that to us...... seriously - RIP Mr. Rickles. He was one of my favorites, especially on Carson and Letterman.

The world will be a sadder place now. :( He was the best. Thanks for the laughs over the years Don. Thanks for your service in the Navy during W.W.2.

In the last few years I've been amazed whenever he appears on one of the late night shows. He kept his razor sharp wit and fast timing right to the end. He was the king of comebacks and the master or irony. He got away with saying stuff to Frank Sinatra and Johnny Carson that no one else could ever get away with. He was a star fallen to Earth and there will be none like him to follow. When they talk about breaking the mold they're talking about Don Rickles.

Mr Potato Head: Hey Ham, look I'm Picasso

Ham: I don't get it

Mr Potato Head: You uncultured swine. What you you looking at ya hockey puck?

Hockey Puck {Shrugs}

R.I.P

I always liked it when he appeared on The Tonight Show.

RIP Don Rickles.

Like many great comedians including Robin Williams, Rickles was trained as a serious actor and he had many such roles in film and TV. One that stands out for me is a scene from the play Inherit the Wind, based on the historical Scopes Trial, that he filmed with Jack Klugman and which appeared on his otherwise comedic 1975 home video release with the fitting but orthographically incorrect title Buy This Tape You Hockey Puck (I didn't obey Rickles' injunction but instead saw the clip on TV somewhere). They did the scene near the end of the second act where Klugman, playing the role based on the real-life attorney Clarence Darrow, is cross-examining Matthew Harrison Brady, based on William Jennings Bryan and played by Rickles. In contrast to his New York City and Jewish roots, Rickles gives an amazing performance as the beleaguered Midwestern populist and fundamentalist Christian Brady, mocked and humiliated by the Klugman character for his smug, uncompromising religious beliefs ("The Gospel according to Brady! God speaks to Brady, and Brady tells the world! Brady, Brady, Brady, Almighty!") which are increasingly at odds with the science and modernity. The scene closes with Brady beginning to recite in order the names of the books of the Bible and his voice trailing off at the end into despair, a striking portrayal of a hoary man finally recognizing the ebbing of the relevancy of his faith and his own significance, which Rickles conveys with a pathos surprising for anyone who's witnessed his acerbic comedic wit.

Of course, my favorite "serious" role of his was Norbert Wiley, the oleaginous hood who--as the latest in a board series of characters--gets temporarily shipwrecked with the castaways in the Gilligan's Island episode "The Kidnapper." A memorable turn not for the least reason that Ginger, Mary Ann and Mrs. Howell get tied up in this episode (though only "Lovey" on camera, but just the thought of Ginger in bondage was enough to stimulate my deviant boyish imagination, and her and her helpless high heels strapped to Dr. Balinkoff's rack in another episode set it off to new "heights").

Kind of dating myself here. He was brilliant when he appeared on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In in '69 or so!

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back