• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney dies at 84

Barbershopman

TMF Master
A sad day for the NFL and for Steeler nation. Dan Rooney was a class act as an owner.

He not only served as US ambassador to Ireland but more than that, he spearheaded the NFLs diversity effort to include more minorities in the coaching ranks.

What amazes me most is that since the year I was born (1969), the Steelers have had three head coaches in 48 years, THREE: Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, and Mike Tomlin. That is a remarkable feat and is not done without wisdom from ownership, not to mention winning six Super Bowls in eight tries.

RIP Mr. Rooney, you're one of a kind.

Barbershopman

Never been a Steelers fan but you're right. Contrast families like the Rooney's or Hunt's with bozos like Snyder and Jones, who are embarrassments to the NFL. RIP Mr. Rooney.

The Steelers have only had 3 different Head Coaches since 1969. Noll, Cowher, and now they have Tomlin. And all 3 of them have at least one superbowl title. That alone should tell you how well that origination has been run.

Teams will go through 3 coaches in a single decade or less. Only 3 coaches in nearly 50 years, that's incredible.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back