• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Decorating examples/tips

CapturedDoll

Verified
I don't really have any examples off the top of my head but with the condo I own (and the insane lack of space now with two people living here.) I have been trying to figure out how to decorate and redecorate... and redecorate.... and redecorate... all with my Bf's work equipment eating up our living areas. (UHHHHHHHHH)

So... when we can afford the new air conditioner etc/ fix it up and finally move... I have so many ideas.. but I won't know until I get there what it is I'll be working with space wise. So I'm curious as to what are the ideas you have come up with to make your place sexy/ cute/ space saving/ interesting.... home ideas. Even if you just have a college dorm I want to see your ideas. I'll be posting ideas I have say for mini dungeons/ outdoor areas/ stripper room/ closet room for us Ladies etc.

As Tim Gunn would say "Make It Work!"

Living in Manhattan, I have a very small apartment, a studio that measures only 252 square feet including the bathroom.
The key to decorating it was buying a sturdy four-poster bed. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it. :devil:

Attachments

• dec11b21.jpg
    dec11b21.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 7
  • dec11b24.jpg
    dec11b24.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 7
  • dec11b4.jpg
    dec11b4.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 7
You don't want any tips from me. My décor is best described as early Fred Sanford. :p

A few theories and quirks I've applied to my living space:

- Try to avoid using high level lighting, unless positioned behind you most of the time (ie. behind the seat you usually sit in). Low level corner lighting is great for creating a nice cosy ambiance and lighting up the walls adding height to the room.
- light coloured walls, but not white or cream. Go for a pale yellow or pale green. Easy to match to other colours and not too bland. Avoid pale blue though as it's as cold colour. Keep dark colours on lower levels. My darkest item is my main sofa, which I've had to soften and brighten using some cushions which match the wall colours.
- Symmetry helps to counterbalance clutter (which is impossible to avoid most of the time!)
eg. paintings/photos positioned on the main wall evenly and a central rug with the main coffee table placed in the middle of that.
(in the middle of the table is a pen holder with a feather in it...just to initiate those tickle conversations with guests!)
- I've saved money and added a personal spin with some decorations - two vintage badminton rackets hanging from wall hooks and I have lined the top of my main cabinet with interesting colourful ale bottles. Also framed some of my own photos and framed some vinyl record covers. Gathered together some programme covers from musical shows I've played in and created a collage which I've framed and hung. Sure you'll think of something personal to you that will always be more interesting than just sticking a generic photo of the New York skyline on the wall.
- Never underestimate the power of plants to create interest in drab corners, height, colour or to block imperfections such as marks on the wall.
- buy a hat-stand - it's amazing how much clutter is actually just peoples jackets, scarves, hats, bags, belts etc - a hat-stand adds interest to a corner and also accommodates all these hanging items in one place.
- if you want to avoid causing too much noise in your tickle room, fill with soft furnishings - cushions, carpet, rugs, curtains, cuddly toys etc - it will dampen the noise.
- get a fish tank!
- mirrors add light and make things look bigger. Just be careful on positioning as you don't want them reflecting things that aren't as attractive. I once went to a house where the mirror in one room reflected the toilet if the bathroom door had been left open!

A few theories and quirks I've applied to my living space:

- Try to avoid using high level lighting, unless positioned behind you most of the time (ie. behind the seat you usually sit in). Low level corner lighting is great for creating a nice cosy ambiance and lighting up the walls adding height to the room.
- light coloured walls, but not white or cream. Go for a pale yellow or pale green. Easy to match to other colours and not too bland. Avoid pale blue though as it's as cold colour. Keep dark colours on lower levels. My darkest item is my main sofa, which I've had to soften and brighten using some cushions which match the wall colours.
- Symmetry helps to counterbalance clutter (which is impossible to avoid most of the time!)
eg. paintings/photos positioned on the main wall evenly and a central rug with the main coffee table placed in the middle of that.
(in the middle of the table is a pen holder with a feather in it...just to initiate those tickle conversations with guests!)
- I've saved money and added a personal spin with some decorations - two vintage badminton rackets hanging from wall hooks and I have lined the top of my main cabinet with interesting colourful ale bottles. Also framed some of my own photos and framed some vinyl record covers. Gathered together some programme covers from musical shows I've played in and created a collage which I've framed and hung. Sure you'll think of something personal to you that will always be more interesting than just sticking a generic photo of the New York skyline on the wall.
- Never underestimate the power of plants to create interest in drab corners, height, colour or to block imperfections such as marks on the wall.
- buy a hat-stand - it's amazing how much clutter is actually just peoples jackets, scarves, hats, bags, belts etc - a hat-stand adds interest to a corner and also accommodates all these hanging items in one place.
- if you want to avoid causing too much noise in your tickle room, fill with soft furnishings - cushions, carpet, rugs, curtains, cuddly toys etc - it will dampen the noise.
- get a fish tank!

Thank you I love your tips. :) I Definitely agree about buying a hat stand. I actually have a stool seat turned upside down and am hanging my Bf's stuff work jacket, umbrella etc on it. He needs to fix it- instant hat stand. LOL!!! )For now...

My Bathroom will be turning a semi pepto pink soon. This particular pink is the most calming color and is the color chosen by prisons to calm down inmates. It's proven they relax fairly quickly around that color- We're going to try an accent wall first. My love of pink... I have so many different pinks (and yet never enough LOL :) ) I have to have a shade that eyes can get use to on a regular basis. It's the only place I can get well lit pics inside sadly too. And currently I don't have decent lamps and many backdrops. And white at this point is not working for an area that small. *sigh* I rearrange it every few months.

Yes I love having plants around too. :) I love palms tress, beachy feels and Japanese inspired looks.

Thanks again TTG! :)

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back