• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Drinking? Smoking? Show a kid the ropes.

danny412

Not sure how to word this...I'm clinically depressed right? Big deal, we all are, I know. Thing is I grew up using alcohol/pot to function. But now that I'm on meds and everything is pearly I still find myself wanting to get fucked up. And usually I do it...then I'm fucked, staring at the wall like damn...I'm drunk. What the fuck now. Sound familiar to anyone? I'm a 22 yr old college kid with a part time job. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I don't think I have an issue but then, I don't really know. All I know is my girl is crazy, my best friend is clinically crazy, and that must mean I'm crazy too.

In the words of the sorely missed and dearest dipshit, Bill J Oreilly: "Fuck it. I'll write and we'll do it live. Fuck it. Fucking thing SUCKS." *pounds table*

Yeah beat the table Bill, fucking thing sucks

First things first. Are you mixing? Drinking while on your meds? If so you need to stop that. Weed. Different story but even that... everything in moderation.

But... you need to read the directions explicitly and follow them to the letter. Pay attention to what the side effects are. Listening to your doctor is paramount.

Friends and gf? Well... sometimes we mimic the behaviors of those whom we surround ourselves with. Do you think thats what happening?

Show a kid the ropes? I'm in my 60's (so I ain't no kid...), and on this I'm with Captured - don't mix prescription meds (especially antidepressants) with alcohol - period. As for weed, I don't have any experience, but it seems it to acts as an antidepressant, so if you mix two of them together.....who knows the results. Remember, it seems noone can study the effects weed/marijuana/hooch/whatever has on people, cause it's such a deviant drug, let alone how it reacts with other drugs (prescription/OTC/illegal/whatever). So, either keep with your meds, and for the most part give up the others, or drop your meds and take your chances. If you keep with your meds - pay attention to that 2000 page insert telling about side effects, etc. Talk to your doctor if need be. Hell, I like to have a cold one...or two...or.... But, when I get a cold or the flu, and have to take something even OTC, I don't drink - and there be a reason for that (called drug interactions). Those be the ropes laddy.

Well, I also don't know. I don't smoke, I don't drink, never tried pot all my life. Consumed more coffee than average. I'm boring. Maybe you had more fun than me... ;)

Keep drinking and you will lose everything. And I mean everything. I speak from experience. If you ever want to PM me to speak privately on the subject, feel free, I'm an expert of sorts. Seriously. Fucking EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the input guys, I greatly appreciate all of you. About mixing meds and alcohol...I was more concerned about the pot. I was under the impression that alcohol wasn't a big deal in moderation even with antidepressants. I just feel a bit down when I do it, so it's pretty worthless, but still...I guess I'll heed yalls advice on that. Will also talk to my doc

Weed is indeed entirely different. Without having many reliable studies I've concluded that even researchers don't know what the fuck their talking about when it comes to even basic shit about pot, much less drug interactions. My doc told me not to just as a passing thing but didn't tell me why...I suppose this is what worries me most. Something can feel so good yet be so potentially harmful to my head...I guess I'll stop both eventually, but fuck.

And doll I don't know...thanks for that. Definitely one possibility but the other is that the only reason I connected with them is because I'm crazy too :) suppose I've far greater things to worry about

^

LOL. For some reason, I know what you mean even if I am clueless (and absentmindedly detached).

Anyway, here's my official input: no matter what you do now, at least finish your college degree.

Thanks for the input guys, I greatly appreciate all of you. About mixing meds and alcohol...I was more concerned about the pot. I was under the impression that alcohol wasn't a big deal in moderation even with antidepressants. I just feel a bit down when I do it, so it's pretty worthless, but still...I guess I'll heed yalls advice on that. Will also talk to my doc

Weed is indeed entirely different. Without having many reliable studies I've concluded that even researchers don't know what the fuck their talking about when it comes to even basic shit about pot, much less drug interactions. My doc told me not to just as a passing thing but didn't tell me why...I suppose this is what worries me most. Something can feel so good yet be so potentially harmful to my head...I guess I'll stop both eventually, but fuck.

And doll I don't know...thanks for that. Definitely one possibility but the other is that the only reason I connected with them is because I'm crazy too :) suppose I've far greater things to worry about

Well... when people start standing in your way from accomplishing greater things... there's a problem. "Don't study... drink with us"!! That tells me those kinds of people don't truly have your best interest at heart. Start counting the red flags you get... there's probably plenty of them you're being shown but you might be avoiding seeing them in the quest for a good time.

By the way... drinking while depressed only pushes away the depression temporarily. It will ball up inside you and you'll have a nervous breakdown someday. Im not lying or joking. Deal with your mental health FIRST before you continue running from those issues. Face them head on. Cry it all out. Figure out why you're in this state of depression. Slowly relearn to enjoy the things and hobbies you once enjoyed. Find new hobbies and goals that give you sincere smiles rather than intoxicated ones. Those are fake. Plastic. Like Implants. (I love implants btw- but... its an illusion.) Just like a smile can be...

THEN and ONLY THEN... if you want to have drinks... you won't be so inclined to get so drunk you make an ass out of yourself. Not that I'm saying you have. Yet...

Depression is like death in a sense. When you lose the person you love... you are sad. Right now you don't love yourself... and rather than cry it out to feel better... you're drinking to feel better. The feelings of sadness are still there... and they always will be until you are able to move on from the sadness. The drinking is prolonging your self recovery. And someday... you might find yourself to be a STILL SAD and ANGRY drunk. Millions of stories are out there through every single Generation just like yours. The choice is yours.

Last edited:
And btw... Take a moment to think about all the things you want to buy someday. A car? Motorcycle? What would you like to have? Think about how expensive it is just to keep a home running. A family. Ask your parents what their bills are every single month since they turned 18.

Think about how much you make right now. Think about the job you want most in the future. Better factor in that Depression is expensive too... You may or may be able to afford that "luxury". And if you can... you WON'T be able to afford anything else.

People that are obese... as an example... they keep eating and eating and eating to feel better. They are depressed. In place of food you put a bottle of alcohol and weed. Combined.

Last edited:
Just... everything in moderation. But your mental health and building a good life foryourself is #1. You will have plenty of parties to go to in your whole life. Space it out so you can do what needs to get done.

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back