• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Risk wearing a tank top.

stasiu90

TMF Regular
So in my mind. I think when a women wears a tank top in public or is wearing a tank top in a heated situation. She knows she is open for embarrassment with her armpits open, and her chest exposed and some slight movement you can see her belly. So I guess my question is, do you think women are walking on egg shells when they wear a tank top? Because if the roles were reversed. I would feel a little nervous being the only girl in a tank top surrounded by dudes who would just need a reason to attack.

Just my opinion but I don't see anything out of place by wearing one so long as it's not a formal setting and/or the person wearing it isn't overweight or anything. Some people look great in them and it's pretty normal for summer especially.

People who don't have a tickling fetish don't think in the way the OP described. Like at all.

Most women wearing a tank top are thinking "This is a super comfortable shirt on this really hot day".

You are projecting your own thinking onto your female attention objects.

Myriads

Lol not gonna lie, these thoughts cross my mind when im around rhinos or tickle folk

Its not "wrong" for anyone to wear them though, despite prior posts haha

well, bell hell, what about guys wearing them? Maybe the gals just wanna tickle-attack them (maybe wishful thinking there....). Not likely, tho.

I know OP is just making a light-hearted observation to invite discussion so don't read too much into what I'm about to say. I too, am just making conversation.

This argument that a woman's dress invites certain behavior from men is the same one rapists use and people who further victimize rape victims by accusing them of inviting the attack due to their style of dress.

Again, because I feel the above can easily be misconstrued as an attack, I feel compelled to say that I don't think OP is some kind of tickle-rapist-- I just want to point out there is a dangerous aspect of allowing yourself to think this way and women should not have to second guess themselves when they walk to the closet and ask "Now, if I wear this tank-top do I tacitly grant permission for uninvited touch by men who cannot control themselves?"

As a male I enjoy the privilege of never having to worry about if what I'm wearing will provoke unwanted attention. I also disdain the curse of the realization that no matter what I wear I'm unlikely to evoke ~Wanted~ attention.

In my opinion in the fetish world and the sexual arena in general women hold most of the cards-- they are the gate-keepers; us men are a dime a dozen. However, while that status holds power it is also a liability. Any attempt to attract attention will get attention from all sources ~wanted and unwanted~. If we allow ourselves to believe that because she wears A she invites B then we create a hostile environment; we drive away one more gate-keeper and there become even fewer women to balance the male to female ratio.

So... ummm... I guess the "Too long, Didn't Read" version would read. Respect boundaries; It's good for other people and ultimately good for yourself.

I know OP is just making a light-hearted observation to invite discussion so don't read too much into what I'm about to say. I too, am just making conversation.

This argument that a woman's dress invites certain behavior from men is the same one rapists use and people who further victimize rape victims by accusing them of inviting the attack due to their style of dress.

Again, because I feel the above can easily be misconstrued as an attack, I feel compelled to say that I don't think OP is some kind of tickle-rapist-- I just want to point out there is a dangerous aspect of allowing yourself to think this way and women should not have to second guess themselves when they walk to the closet and ask "Now, if I wear this tank-top do I tacitly grant permission for uninvited touch by men who cannot control themselves?"

As a male I enjoy the privilege of never having to worry about if what I'm wearing will provoke unwanted attention. I also disdain the curse of the realization that no matter what I wear I'm unlikely to evoke ~Wanted~ attention.

In my opinion in the fetish world and the sexual arena in general women hold most of the cards-- they are the gate-keepers; us men are a dime a dozen. However, while that status holds power it is also a liability. Any attempt to attract attention will get attention from all sources ~wanted and unwanted~. If we allow ourselves to believe that because she wears A she invites B then we create a hostile environment; we drive away one more gate-keeper and there become even fewer women to balance the male to female ratio.

So... ummm... I guess the "Too long, Didn't Read" version would read. Respect boundaries; It's good for other people and ultimately good for yourself.

All the OP did was ask if women felt vulnerable wearing certain clothing, because he was using a ticklephile's mindset; he didn't say anything about the clothing conveying consent.

As for women being "sexual gate-keepers" and "holding most of the cards", you're doing a fair amount of projecting there, yourself.

@ Wolf

Hrm... I can see that you're probably right. My original take on the post was that OP was placing the onus upon women to watch what they say, do, or wear around "dudes who would just need a reason to attack." This reasoning came from an ambiguity of the term "walking on eggshells" which I had interpreted to mean "To be in a delicate situation; to be on the edge of danger or ruin." (The second definition from the Urban Dictionary)

I feel a more proper interpretation supports your assertion "To watch what you say or do around a certain person because anything might set him or her off." (The top definition from the Urban Dictionary) Because I missed the nuance that this definition provides I missed the vulnerability aspect of the phrase and failed to weight the "if the roles were reversed" sentence properly.

As far as my own projections go... Of course I am projecting, I had hoped that would be obvious by the opening statement "In my opinion..."

In any event I took pains to ensure it was obvious that no offense was intended and I hope, therefor, that none was taken.

@ Wolf

Hrm... I can see that you're probably right. My original take on the post was that OP was placing the onus upon women to watch what they say, do, or wear around "dudes who would just need a reason to attack." This reasoning came from an ambiguity of the term "walking on eggshells" which I had interpreted to mean "To be in a delicate situation; to be on the edge of danger or ruin." (The second definition from the Urban Dictionary)

I feel a more proper interpretation supports your assertion "To watch what you say or do around a certain person because anything might set him or her off." (The top definition from the Urban Dictionary) Because I missed the nuance that this definition provides I missed the vulnerability aspect of the phrase and failed to weight the "if the roles were reversed" sentence properly.

As far as my own projections go... Of course I am projecting, I had hoped that would be obvious by the opening statement "In my opinion..."

In any event I took pains to ensure it was obvious that no offense was intended and I hope, therefor, that none was taken.

Nah, no offense taken (not by me, anyway). Just pointing out the differences.

Lolz,

I don't think there is an uproar here. I, personally, am fairly impressed with this forum.
The fact that there was a misunderstanding that got resolved amicably speaks well of the quality of members here. I've found a lot of value to this thread, even if I did misstep once or twice.

If I wear a tank top it is usually at the gym, when I am playing tennis, or if I am working in my garden. Those are not usually situations where the risk of a random tickle attack is all that high so I do not feel vulnerable or think all that much about it. I tend to compartmentalize my tickling kink, so it is not always front and center during my day to day activities. Though I suppose if a women knew she were going to be around other tickle lovers, say at a gathering or something, then yeah, I imagine wearing a tank top would make her an easier target and the anticipation on her part would be pretty intense.

The closest thing I can think of personally to what the OP is describing is sometimes I feel vulnerable if say I am at the beach in a bathing suit, but then it is more like a self conscious "man, I hope I look okay in this thing."

I love tank tops on women, and yes, my fantasies go off into tickle land when I see those bare midriffs, but I know they wear these things because it's sexy or cooler in the summer months, reasons for themselves. I doubt they are all doing it to provoke tickle attacks from strangers, and although it's a nice fantasy, it is just a fantasy. Just enjoy the sights.

Lol not gonna lie, these thoughts cross my mind when im around rhinos or tickle folk

Its not "wrong" for anyone to wear them though, despite prior posts haha

I think I read somewhere that the critically endangered Arizona rhinoceros is attracted to tank tops. I hope the poachers don't find out...

I feel more vulnerable in my swim suit than a tank top like Allie also mentioned, but I personally don't wear many tank tops. I tend to just wear dresses and I guess that could still seem "vulnerable". My boyfriend seems to get me more when I'm wearing looser dresses anyway.

I think I read somewhere that the critically endangered Arizona rhinoceros is attracted to tank tops. I hope the poachers don't find out...

The nice thing about being endangered is that the few of us who are left are exceptionally difficult to take out. Which is fortunate, given the number of poaching attempts that occur in MY OWN HOME, for crying out loud. :sowrong:

...Rhinos do like tank tops, though.

The nice thing about being endangered is that the few of us who are left are exceptionally difficult to take out. Which is fortunate, given the number of poaching attempts that occur in MY OWN HOME, for crying out loud. :sowrong:

...Rhinos do like tank tops, though.

Lemme just order some turtlenecks right quick

Is wardrobe considered a subset of TSB?

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back