• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Need advice from the tickle scientists in the crowd

OSUchamps

TMF Regular
My current gf used to be extremely ticklish everywhere but noticed recently that she's becoming less responsive or unresponsive to tickling. She has a high stress lifestyle, doesn't get enough sleep and has dry skin. The lack in sensitivity is driving her a little crazy, is there anything she or I or we can do to bring some of that sensitivity back?

This seems obvious but maybe you should spend a few weeks not trying to stimulate her (tickling). Stress, dry skin, sleep. ....you've got some things you can help her with. The stress (seeing as I don't know her) sounds like the hardest tho.

Agree with Duderino84.

In case the stress isn't causing the lack of sleep, would have her thyroid hormone levels checked, as that could account for the insomnia and dry skin. High thyroid hormone levels have also been associated with peripheral neuropathy which can present with numbness. A simple blood test screens for this.

Does she have diabetes? That can also cause peripheral neuropathy (which can cause numbeness). Weight loss, excessive thirst and excessive urination and tiredness can present with undiagnosed diabetes. A simple fasting blood sugar is the screening test here.

Anyhow, just using lotion may help her sensation, too.

Good luck sir!

You could maybe focus on helping her relieve her stress, that would probably help with the lack of sleep, the dry skin, and finally, the "lack of sensitivity".
If someone is stressed out, they're not comfortable. People who aren't comfortable don't react to tickling the way they're expected to.

I haven't tickled her in awhile (she is someone who thankfully loves the sensation, which is why it troubles her too) due to the possibility of overstimulation. Working on helping her resolve the stress and lack of sleep but there's only so much a person can do for someone else...aside from delivering a lecture on the mating habits of bees, I can't make her sleep, and the problem isn't dedicated insomnia (I presume) so much as life's great stressors and various issues constantly occupying her time (which I'm fine with and try to give her her space).

I have read that ticklishness is primarily mental, and wondered if there could be physical reasons behind a loss of sensitivity. She isn't a diabetic, but thyroid might be something. Anyway, we're talking someone who went from screaming in hysterical laughter to stone-cold stoicism in the matter of a year or two, so that is why the question was posited in the first place.

Thanks for the responses, and curious about alternate theories.

How about you give her a massage and help relieve her stress. Maybe take her out to a dinner or a weekend getaway. She's clearly stressed out. And there's also aging. Someyimes as you get older you just naturally decrease sensation to stimuli in your mechanoreceptors, just like other nerve endings. Pointing out her lack of sensation rather than doing something ti take hee mind of it will not be helpful though

Massages and dinner dates are frequent, and she's the one bringing it up lately (again, it bothers her because she liked the sensation and it oddly helped relieve stress, as laughing tends to). Please don't assume I'm an inattentive boyfriend trying to guilt her out of being less sensitive or something, please. I try to help relieve her stress (as stated) whenever and however I can, but I'm not God, nor am I her employer.

Aging is a possibility, but it happened suddenly and not gradually like I would expect with aging. Might that happen with aging? You wake up one day at age 27 and suddenly you're not ticklish anymore?

Last edited:
Massages and dinner dates are frequent, and she's the one bringing it up lately (again, it bothers her because she liked the sensation and it oddly helped relieve stress, as laughing tends to). Please don't assume I'm an inattentive boyfriend trying to guilt her out of being less sensitive or something, please. I try to help relieve her stress (as stated) whenever and however I can, but I'm not God, nor am I her employer.

Aging is a possibility, but it happened suddenly and not gradually like I would expect with aging. Might that happen with aging? You wake up one day at age 27 and suddenly you're not ticklish anymore?
Hey at 27 in general there should be a lot going on. Idk man, maybe there's more of a curve involved with getting into the tickling groove going amidst stress? I haven't really had this problem with women so best advice is don't give up.

Are you really insisting there's a physical fix for this issue?

No, I'm saying everything in life that happens is magical. Science has totally never revealed stress has any physiological affect on people whatsoever. Not hypertension or shallow breathing or GERD. Nope, not a fucking thing.

No, I'm saying everything in life that happens is magical. Science has totally never revealed stress has any physiological affect on people whatsoever. Not hypertension or shallow breathing or GERD. Nope, not a fucking thing.

That's my error, I should have specified I was asking the OP.
I don't have an issue with what you offered.

Are you really insisting there's a physical fix for this issue?

I have no idea. A physical fix implies a purely physical cause--I'm not implying that's the case, but from what you all have been saying, it might be. Honestly, I do think it is probably just stress (like duderino84 suggests) and that it isn't too huge of a deal. Thyroid though can be a big deal, and if that has something to do with it, we'll want to know about it.

My whole point for even making this post was to go to the experts (tickling fetishists) and maybe encounter someone who has seen or experienced a similar issue. What I'm getting though looks like it's probably just stress, which is good to know. Maybe now I can help her relax more about it.

I did not mean to imply that you were inattentive. Just bringing ideas to the forefront to relieve stress.
If it came on quickly then i would say its just stress. And as it wasnt pointed out earlier, and ive never really spoken to you before, i was unaware she was 27. If it was more gradual it would make more sense with age. But quickly would denote stress. Im 23, ive had issues related to stress too before. Its a lot more common than you may be thinking.
I dont think you will find what youre looking for in regards to a physical fix. She needs to understand that the more she worries about it, the more she will stress and the worse it will get. I had a similar problem, and worrying about it Made it much harder to get rid of.
Ease her mind consistently and frequently, thats the best tging you could do.

My current gf used to be extremely ticklish everywhere but noticed recently that she's becoming less responsive or unresponsive to tickling. She has a high stress lifestyle, doesn't get enough sleep and has dry skin. The lack in sensitivity is driving her a little crazy, is there anything she or I or we can do to bring some of that sensitivity back?

I'm certainly no expert but you're describing a Thyroid issue, stress, lack of sleep, dry skin. Also, try pampering her. Giver her massages with lotion. Get her to relax and help her sleep. She'll get her sensitivity back. My wife is far more ticklish when she is relaxed. Don't go right into tickling her. Do for her for a few weeks and it will pay off in a big way!

Based on some of the suggestions, has she had an actual medical check-up? See if there is something physically wrong, maybe get some (hopefully temporary) medication to help out with the stress, etc. Don't make wild guesses, find out what IS wrong.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back