• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

007 actor Sir Roger Moore passed away aged 89

I saw him in The Spy Who Loved Me when I was very young, as well as other films.

Mr Moore was a very fine actor.

R.I.P Mr Moore.

Sean Connery will always be the James Bond to me, but Sir Roger Moore was by far the best of the rest. RIP Mr. Bond.

I will miss him greatly! A man a outstanding moral integrity, exquisite refinement and utter Britishness. So much so in fact that I am sure that I wasn't the only kid growing up hoping to one day be British lol :p

Contrary to a lot of my fellow Bond enthusiasts, I think he was a terrific Bond. Different from Sean Connery's, certainly, but no less good. Those who accuse him of bringing humor to the franchise have forgotten the sheer silliness of movies such as Goldfinger or Diamonds are Forever. Even the seminal episode Dr No, was quite silly with its Westerner playing an "evil Asian" and its mechanical, fire-spewing "dragon" roaming the marshes. Conversely, Live and Let Die or For Your Eyes Only work very well as suspenseful spy thrillers, but people seem to want to bash down Mr Moore regardless, most certainly using him as a substitute for their hatred of a certain "seventies" spirit.

Let the haters hate away. Moore was a terrific Bond. Charming, elegant, and deadly, although far less physically dangerous than all the others. Sean Connery's rawness is often quoted, but Timothy Dalton's cold rage or Pierce Brosnan's "killing machine" approach deserve praise as well. However, what he lacked in strength and aggression, Roger Moore compensated with his charisma and posh demeanor. Humor has always been part of the franchise, and I am sure that the majority of true Bond enthusiasts still enjoy tremendously those moments when the main theme was played by a snake charmer in Octopussy or the amazing showdown he got with Christopher Lee (Scaramanga) in that "haunted house" of his.

Aside from Bond, he will be remembered for playing the titular character in the series The Saint, as well as Brett Sinclair in The Persuaders. I still love the latter series, a great monument of humor which has captured perfectly the optimism of the period it was set in.

RIP mister Moore. Or should I say, Mister Bond?

Another Sad Day.

Just a few weeks ago I started a thread telling of the death of Clifton James who played Louisiana Sheriff J. W. Pepper in "Live And Let Die" & " The Man With The Golden Gun".

Now a few weeks later we read about Roger Moore. RIP.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back