• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

In Memoriam

Bugman

Verified
Next Monday we observe Memorial Day. Many of us will gather with family and friends for a cookout, a trip to a lake or beach or other activities. Enjoy your weekend, but take a moment to remember what the day really stands for.

Lexington and Concord. Brandywine. Trenton. Yorktown. Fort McHenry. Lake Erie. New Orleans. Fort Sumter. First and Second Manassas. Antietam. Hampton Roads. Mobile Bay. Shilo. Gettysburg. Belleau Wood. Argonne Forest. Pearl Harbor. Kasserine Pass. Sicily. Midway. Tarawa. Cebu. Iwo Jima. Leyte Gulf. Normandy. Bastogne. Pusan. Inchon. Heartbreak Ridge. Chosin Reservoir. Dak To. Khe San. Tet. Desert Storm. Afghanistan. Iraq.

Posted this day to honor and remember those who gave the most precious gift one can give to another, their life.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Bugman, I think you've been posting this for the past couple of years. And, thanks for doing so - to make us remember the reason for this holiday. Not to go to great sales, go out and party, and just have a great time. We need to remember those who sacrificed it all, so we can do all those fun things.

Bugman, I think you've been posting this for the past couple of years. And, thanks for doing so - to make us remember the reason for this holiday. Not to go to great sales, go out and party, and just have a great time. We need to remember those who sacrificed it all, so we can do all those fun things.

I have rdhd. Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for the reminder, Bugman. :usa:
We need to remember, Memorial Day is specifically to honor those members of our armed forces who gave their lives, while Veterans Day is for all who served honorably.

We need to remember, Memorial Day is specifically to honor those members of our armed forces who gave their lives, while Veterans Day is for all who served honorably.

Why do we 'need' to remember? Are putting flowers on the graves of living veterans?

Why do we 'need' to remember? Are putting flowers on the graves of living veterans?
Perhaps this never happened to you, but as a child I saw it happen to my father twice and it upset him both times:
At a Memorial Day backyard barbecue, somebody would come up to him and say something like, "Thank you for your service."
He would answer "No, today is to honor my buddies who died in the Philippines. You should say that to me on November 11[sup]th[/sup]."

Perhaps this never happened to you, but as a child I saw it happen to my father twice and it upset him both times:
At a Memorial Day backyard barbecue, somebody would come up to him and say something like, "Thank you for your service."
He would answer "No, today is to honor my buddies who died in the Philippines. You should say that to me on November 11[sup]th[/sup]."

Most people I know don't wait for Memorial Day or Veterans to say that; they say it whenever they see an identifiable vet.
I didn't realize it was forbidden to say it on Memorial Day, or restricted to Veterans' Day.
Pretty uptight world you live in.

Most people I know don't wait for Memorial Day or Veterans to say that; they say it whenever they see an identifiable vet.
I didn't realize it was forbidden to say it on Memorial Day, or restricted to Veterans' Day.
Pretty uptight world you live in.
It's not forbidden on Memorial Day or restricted to Veterans' Day, but my father felt it was highly inappropriate on Memorial Day. He felt that that was a day to remember those Americans who had fallen in combat.

You are free to feel differently and to celebrate both as you see fit.

It's not forbidden on Memorial Day or restricted to Veterans' Day, but my father felt it was highly inappropriate on Memorial Day. He felt that that was a day to remember those Americans who had fallen in combat.

You are free to feel differently and to celebrate both as you see fit.

Yeah...your permission isn't relevant.

Thank you Mils.

Yeah...your permission isn't relevant.

Please take this to PM or start your own thread. Thank you.

Memorial Day we remember the servicemen and women who sacrificed their lives for our country. :usa:

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back