• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New find: Original production art from The Agencies (M/F)

Oddjob0226

4th Level Indigo Feather
I got really lucky on EBay again and ended up purchasing a slew of original penciled & inked art by Brazilian artist Vagner Fernandes for The Ruthless, published by The Agencies.

The last time some I found some The Agencies artwork on Ebay I was only able to get two pages out of about 12. This is rare stuff!

IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG

Most excellent finds! Thank you so much for sharing them. That's extremely generous of you!

I got really lucky on EBay again and ended up purchasing a slew of original penciled & inked art by Brazilian artist Vagner Fernandes for The Ruthless, published by The Agencies.

The last time some I found some The Agencies artwork on Ebay I was only able to get two pages out of about 12. This is rare stuff!

View attachment 530634
View attachment 530633
View attachment 530635
View attachment 530636
View attachment 530637

Are these the original pencils? If so, then well done!

Are these the original pencils? If so, then well done!

Yes! I'm thrilled. I got them from a comic dealer who apparently got them from the Ed Benes Studio in Brazil.

I also scored some IDW and Boom! Studios work as well.

Yes! I'm thrilled. I got them from a comic dealer who apparently got them from the Ed Benes Studio in Brazil.

I also scored some IDW and Boom! Studios work as well.

Vagner asked me years ago if I wanted to keep these to sell to make extra outcome, and I said "Nah, go for it, man." Sounds like he did! As the copyright holder to those images, I'm glad they found a loving home (and you were able to fund a talented artist as a result). If they really are the originals and not duplications, then those are truly a treasure trove. There weren't many of our comics whose physical copies survived, so those are pretty damn rare.

If fact, if you're interested, I can pass along Vagner's contact information to you to see if there's any more similar artwork available from the source.

Vagner asked me years ago if I wanted to keep these to sell to make extra outcome, and I said "Nah, go for it, man." Sounds like he did! As the copyright holder to those images, I'm glad they found a loving home (and you were able to fund a talented artist as a result). If they really are the originals and not duplications, then those are truly a treasure trove. There weren't many of our comics whose physical copies survived, so those are pretty damn rare.

If fact, if you're interested, I can pass along Vagner's contact information to you to see if there's any more similar artwork available from the source.

I'd love to get in contact with him, although I am following him on Facebook, too! My fear is perhaps he already sold the work to dealers since that is where I got these pieces. Not only is the work very good, but from a cultural aspect I think it needs to be preserved, like how they found Joe Shuster's post-Superman bondage art years later when he was using a different name. It was a reflection of not only how comic artists got by financially but also pointed at aspects of popular & taboo sexuality at the time.

I just got them two days ago in the mail and they appear completely real, down to the physical texture and the pencil notations on the back. I also got them from a pretty legit comic shop. I'm hoping that Vagner gets on a really big name book someday; I have an early piece of Robbi Rodriguez art done years before he began working on Spider-Gwen.

I don't have much wall space, but these are getting framed for sure, and hung up for display as soon as the opprotunity presents itself.

I'd love to get in contact with him, although I am following him on Facebook, too! My fear is perhaps he already sold the work to dealers since that is where I got these pieces. Not only is the work very good, but from a cultural aspect I think it needs to be preserved, like how they found Joe Shuster's post-Superman bondage art years later when he was using a different name. It was a reflection of not only how comic artists got by financially but also pointed at aspects of popular & taboo sexuality at the time.

I just got them two days ago in the mail and they appear completely real, down to the physical texture and the pencil notations on the back. I also got them from a pretty legit comic shop. I'm hoping that Vagner gets on a really big name book someday; I have an early piece of Robbi Rodriguez art done years before he began working on Spider-Gwen.

I don't have much wall space, but these are getting framed for sure, and hung up for display as soon as the opprotunity presents itself.

Ahh, if you're already following him on FB, you got what you need. Couldn't agree with you more on your take of cultural preservation; I hope he strikes it big, too!

Why are the attachments so small? These look great, but I can barely see them.

Why are the attachments so small? These look great, but I can barely see them.

I pulled them off the seller's website and didn't realize they were so small now that I click on them.

I will rescan them soon. They are actually about 11x9.

Ok, awesome dudes, I scanned in the original art full size, so it should hopefully look better. More or less in order, as far as what I was able to purchase:

The Ruthless #13 p1.jpg
The Ruthless p2.jpg
The Ruthless p3.jpg
The Ruthless p18.jpg

First than all, thanks for sharing
Secondly, the quality of these pieces is amazing, for those of us, music maniacs is like getting high quality demos from great songs you already loved

I was able to get two more Vagner Fernandes pages last week from a collector/dealer who was thinning out his stash, including a cover. Talk about luck:

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

Sigh...if only we could get one more comic of Rylie under the Ruthless's fluffy feather care. :D

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back