• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling Fiction Writers: Any of you ever shared you work with non-fetishists?

sageoftruth

TMF Novice
I've been writing fiction for about 10 years at this point. My desire to write tickling fiction was actually what got me started those 10 years ago.
Eventually I started going to workshops to hone my skills, and I reverted to writing regular fiction. Now, I'm basically doing both. At this point, friends, family, co-workers, and workshop buddies all know that I write. Now I'm stuck in the awkward position where I've written plenty of tickling fiction that I'm proud of, but I can't share it with anyone off the net. I feel like these works can be enjoyed without an interest in tickling, provided the reader isn't made too uncomfortable by it, but I've been too scared to take the plunge and show my work to anyone in the real world. The closest thing I've done is "sanitize" my work by editing it to death until it's unrecognizable as tickling fiction, but it still kills me to be so secretive about it.

Have any of you ever taken this plunge I'm so afraid of and actually shown your unedited work to a non-fetishist?

Yes, I have, but it was to a close vanilla friend who already knew about my fetish activities.
His response was, "Hey, you can really write."

I've shopped that game I've made off to normies. Responses have ranged from highly positive, to "just ok".

Have you watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 yet, sageoftruth?

Utterly fantastic movie, and truly a work of art. Immensely entertaining and hilarious and touching all at the same time.

You know why? Marvel let James Gunn do whatever he wanted on this one. Very, very little lead up to Infinity War. He just made the movie he wanted.

...and it's unlike any other Hollywood movie ever. It's more "James Gunn" than the first one was.

There's a talking raccoon, a baby talking tree, a guy who's dad is an entire planet, people in gold, a lady with antenna on her head, a wacky opening, a wackier closing credits...

THOSE are the movies that stick out. They are unique works of art that the director just DOES, and doesn't care what a committee thinks, or market research or whatever.

So, my suggestion is.....JUST THROW YOUR STUFF OUT THERE. Offer them to bigger, more mainstream sites, and sit back and see what happens.
Be unapologetic about it - this is what I write. You may develop a mainstream fan base. You may even get vanilla people to begin engaging in tickling in their sex life or
just for fun, even though they don't have the fetish.

I mean...Twin Peaks has been revived, tons of people are excited about it....and that show was WEIRD AS SHIT!
I still can't believe that weird ass show (which I actually enjoy) made it on television decades ago, and lasted two seasons. And here it is again!

So....just do it. Maybe people will laugh at it. Maybe they'll embrace and love it, and laugh with it.

I've been writing fiction for about 10 years at this point. My desire to write tickling fiction was actually what got me started those 10 years ago.
Eventually I started going to workshops to hone my skills, and I reverted to writing regular fiction. Now, I'm basically doing both. At this point, friends, family, co-workers, and workshop buddies all know that I write. Now I'm stuck in the awkward position where I've written plenty of tickling fiction that I'm proud of, but I can't share it with anyone off the net. I feel like these works can be enjoyed without an interest in tickling, provided the reader isn't made too uncomfortable by it, but I've been too scared to take the plunge and show my work to anyone in the real world. The closest thing I've done is "sanitize" my work by editing it to death until it's unrecognizable as tickling fiction, but it still kills me to be so secretive about it.

Have any of you ever taken this plunge I'm so afraid of and actually shown your unedited work to a non-fetishist?

Yeah. I took a Creative Writing class at night (they are often taught in a local high school or college) and I wrote a short story in which the entire plot was a college girl tickled on her feet by mean-spirited bullies while buried at the beach. I just kept the people in it normal; they weren't teenage-boys-in-female bodies talking about sports and wrestling and displaying foot fetishes while admiring their own perfect breasts: they were just regular people. Most of the fetish fiction here sucks to normal people not because of the tickling, but because most writers here violate the accurately observed emotions and thoughts of how real people think and feel. Keeping everyone relatively realistic, I didn't have to sanitize or change anything; the non-consenual tickling was as cruel and savage as you might find on "Criminal Minds," and none of the people in the class had any problem with it at all. It led to a few discussion of people being sat on by older siblings or annoyed by creepy relatives, and a discussion of beaches, and obviously, one or two discussions about plot and character. It also inspired another person in the class to write a story about a woman getting annoyed at airport security and going through the metal detector completely naked. And a woman in the class who happened to be a bank teller told me privately that she often wrote stories about a bank teller getting kidnapped and humiliated.

Anyway, so while the story didn't inspire anyone to play with themselves, and it didn't inspire anyone to come to class in just a feather boa and high heels, it also didn't provoke any disgust or disapproval. No one shunned me, ostracized me or made me feel like a pariah, and no one made fun of the story. Well, not the plot and characters anyway; a few jests about my overuse of adjectives.

I wrote the story I liked the way I wanted to, and everyone was fine with it.

When I write, and I have written my fare share of tickle fiction, my plots never hinge on tickling. For the most part, tickling in my stories, is something that happens inadvertently. It's never the proposed outcome, but I make it so through an everyday occurrence that eventually ties in to it. So, I could conceivably share my story up until the point of tickling, and it would seem as normal as any other piece of fiction. However, once you start getting into the physiology of it all, play inside your character's minds and whatnot, that's when people start to realize that your work has a certain underlining otherwise not found in other fiction.

Yes, but this was with a significant other that knew of my interests before I shared my work with her. She requested that I write a story or two with a specific element, never ended up doing that one though.

Tutti-Frutti, yes...Vanilla, no...

Hmm...this IS a (Wait for it!) ticklish topic. You are indeed a sageoftruth for broaching the topic.<p> I love mabus' exhortation to be bold. I admire SharonP's open and mature approach to crossing over. I agree with Izamora's frank sketch of the obvious pitfall a ticfic author faces. I'm heartened by ELFewja's promising venture.<p> I must red facedly admit that, for all the tickle fiction I've written--and I'm inordinately very pleased and not a little proud of a good deal of it--I've never felt comfortable posting it mainstream or otherwise sharing it with my, ah, vanilla acquaintances and friends, even those who recognize me AS a writer. It's NOT because I'm ashamed of my ticfic. Technically, it's comparable to my mainstream writing. And I've always seen my tickle stories, even when they're erotic fantasies, as screwball comedies, full of characters that I hope seem real enough to amuse as much as titillate the reader.<p> I think my hesitation stems from a somewhat perverse pleasure in having a special part of me that IS a secret to the wider world, and known only under my nom de plume to a coochie-coo cognoscenti. Or maybe I fear seeing a stunned look on the face of someone who thought s(he) knew me but really hadn't a clue, and what the Hell else am I hiding?<p>That's not to say that I haven't been tempted with some of my tickle stories to throw caution to the vortex and give them to a reader unaware of my feather fascination. But, it hasn't happened yet--and it may never.<p>But, I would LOVE to hear from others who, like SharonP, are unafraid, unashamed, and just proud of a good honest work. I get the feeling, sageoftruth, that you are indeed perched on the diving board with one of your stories--unaltered--and are seriously considering that plunge into the mainstream with it. I can only cheer you on and await your (fingers crossed) report on its positive reception.

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back