• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Mistrial Declared In Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Case.

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Headline is on the front page of

www.wpvi.com.

As many who have followed such are aware, Actor and Comedian Bill Cosby has been on trial for sexual assault of women. The trial has taken place in a courthouse in suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the USA

After several days of deliberation, the jury assigned to the case, was unable to reach a unanimous verdict.

This development, caused the judge in the case, to declare a mistrial.

The prosecutor assigned to the case, states that he intends to re try the case.

Thoughts on the Cosby case, the mistrial, and the developments?

Last edited:
Rape cases are hard enough to prosecute; rape cases involving drugs or alcohol and no apparent injuries are even harder to prosecute.

Rape cases are hard enough to prosecute; rape cases involving drugs or alcohol and no apparent injuries are even harder to prosecute.

Rape cases brought up decades after the fact are likely even harder than THAT to prosecute.

The important thing to understand about a 'mistrial' stemming from a hung jury is that it's an automatic do-over. It's not a presumption of innocence or guilt, nor do we know if it was stalled at 11-1 or 1-11 or 6-6.

So, bottom line, it will be continuing again all over again.

The important thing to understand about a 'mistrial' stemming from a hung jury is that it's an automatic do-over. It's not a presumption of innocence or guilt, nor do we know if it was stalled at 11-1 or 1-11 or 6-6.

So, bottom line, it will be continuing again all over again.

It's not an automatic do-over. The DA makes the decision whether to seek a retrial, which they have; sometimes, it results in a plea bargain, or even dropping the charges, if it's clear they can't get a conviction.

With the DA stating that he intends to retry the case, it would surprise me if they don't at least try to get it started again.

The question is, with the length of time that this one lasted, the media publicity, and Cosby's advanced age, will cause the DA to really think twice about whether to go down this route a second time.

While I truly sympathize with the female victim (if she was in fact raped), I feel that eyewitness testimony alone should not be enough for a criminal conviction. Some sort of physical evidence has to be provided and while I again sympathize with this woman she should have immediately called the police after the rape happened and had a date rape kit done.

While I truly sympathize with the female victim (if she was in fact raped), I feel that eyewitness testimony alone should not be enough for a criminal conviction. Some sort of physical evidence has to be provided and while I again sympathize with this woman she should have immediately called the police after the rape happened and had a date rape kit done.

Wow. So, even before a trial, the burden is all on the victim to protect evidence in the case, make sure there's some other corroboration, or...tough noogies?
You realize this is the very reason guys like Cosby use drugs, right? So the victim is fucked up and confused? It's not like they wear off, and *Ping!* they're magically in full control of their senses.

Gotta agree with Wolf - with these drugs, how long after are you messed up? And, would you think well enough to think something had happened, then have to deal with the police (or do you go the ER first?), etc. Not taking Cosby's side here, but, tough call. And, no rape should go unprosecuted; it is just so often weighted against the woman.

Gotta agree with Wolf - with these drugs, how long after are you messed up? And, would you think well enough to think something had happened, then have to deal with the police (or do you go the ER first?), etc. Not taking Cosby's side here, but, tough call. And, no rape should go unprosecuted; it is just so often weighted against the woman.

Well said. Not to mention, "Really? You're claiming Cliff Huxtabale, America's Favorite African-American TV Dad.....raped you?!?!?".

I believe he did it. But if he gets off (and he probably will), it's not the victim's fault. There's just too much weighting the scales in his favor.

Wow. So, even before a trial, the burden is all on the victim to protect evidence in the case, make sure there's some other corroboration, or...tough noogies?
You realize this is the very reason guys like Cosby use drugs, right? So the victim is fucked up and confused? It's not like they wear off, and *Ping!* they're magically in full control of their senses.

Eye witness testimony is some of the worst scientific evidence in the search for the truth Wolf (especially if you're drugged). I sympathize with drugged rape victims being confused and not in full control of their senses but if criminal cases could be brought to court with nothing but a single eye witness testimony as evidence then anyone can be accused of criminal behavior at any time regardless of scientific evidence or the truth.

Eye witness testimony is some of the worst scientific evidence in the search for the truth Wolf (especially if you're drugged). I sympathize with drugged rape victims being confused and not in full control of their senses but if criminal cases could be brought to court with nothing but a single eye witness testimony as evidence then anyone can be accused of criminal behavior at any time regardless of scientific evidence or the truth.

What in this case are you referring to as eyewitness testimony?
The victim's testimony?

She testified, under oath, that he drugged and raped her.
He did not offer testimony that he did not (of course, he's not bound to testify on his own behalf, but by doing so, he could have directly refuted the charges).
And you think that her being drugged made her testimony unreliable?

Last edited:
Cosby was not on trial for rape.

The charges are sexual assault.

Pretty much this and what rdhd said.

I believe he also did it but the time frame since and just how much is weighing in his favor, it might just end a plea bargain, I always felt it would end that way even if there is a redo.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back