• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Computer Problem : I Would Really Appreciate Advice.

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I have a serious problem with my computer.

I would greatly appreciate if someone would perhaps have advice on what I might do to attempt to solve it.

Last night, I got a "Windows Update". That looked like a usual update.

I did the update, and restarted the computer.

When I restarted the computer, there was an X over the volume control button in the lower right hand corner.

When I move my mouse over the X, it said, and still says:

"No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

When I've clicked on the X, to attempt to locate the problem, it scans the area, and gives a message saying

"Troubleshooting cannot identify the problem"

A friend, who is tech savvy, told me that there was a widespread virus on Tuesday night, and my friend thinks that such is what infected my computer. This friend thinks that the "Windows Update" was not legitimate, and was most likely a virus which has infected my computer.

I've tried, virtually everything to remedy this.

I did a virus scan of the full computer with Avast, and a SuperAntiSpyware to remove files, etc.

I still have no sound on my computer. The X over what is usually the volume control on my computer, is still there.

I can surf the web, watch videos, etc. I cannot control the volume on the videos, or hear music, or dialogue.

I've searched the web, and typed in the exact problem I'm having, following the supposed "Steps" to remedy such.

My effort has been in vain, for last night, and today. It is nearly 24 hours now since this occurred.

Again, I would greatly appreciate any advice on what I might try to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Try restoring to an earlier date
Typically if malware has infected a machine; a restore point or snapshot has also been infected and you don't want to use that feature. Furthermore, it's actually wise that you delete all restore points and snapshots if its proven that malware cause the problem.

Hi Mitchell,

Try Malwarebytes, it is a free programme and in my opinion works quite well.
Don't solely rely on it, as the free version does not offer real time protection.

Hope it helps you

Nige

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back