• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NBA Superteams

Barbershopman

TMF Master
First it was LeBron to Miami with Wade and Bosh.

Now, it seems like the current trend: Durant to the Warriors who were loaded to begin with and won. Just this past week Chris Paul left the Clippers to go to the Rockets with James Harden, and now Paul George leaves the Pacers to join Blake Griffin in LA.

One ESPN graphic showed that twelve of the thirteen top scorers in the league are now in the western conference, only LeBron remains in the East.

In my personal opinion, this is diluting the talent in the NBA with only a handful of teams able to compete for the NBA title. It would be better for the fan base of the NBA if the talent were spread out. Sadly, I know this is impossible with the number of stars going to "superteams" to get the ring.

What say the rest of the NBA fanbase?

Barbershopman

Firstly, I believe Paul George is going to OKC, where he will be with Westbrook, creating a kind of "super team." But yeah, I'm personally not a fan of this, but it's also not fair to stop it since a team has every right to do it. That's the thing about basketball, you only need a few great players to have a really good team, which is unfortunate but it's the nature of the game.

You're right, George is going to OKC, my mistake. Still, I don't think it right for players to "stack the deck", but like you said, there's nothing anybody can do to stop it and it wouldn't be right to do so.

However, it reminds me of the same question asked of Michael Jordan when asked if he would create a superteam with Magic and Bird. He said, no he wouldn't do it. And I'm glad he didn't, the rivalries of Celtics/Lakers, Bulls/Pistons, even the Bulls/Knicks of the 80s and 90s were legendary.

Barbershopman

Players know that so much of their "legacy" is determined by how many championships they've won, and that's what they're going for. The unfortunate thing is that it makes the regular season a bore, and the first half of the playoffs terrible as well.

It's also disappointing that aside from Cleveland, the Eastern Conference is terrible, assuring Cleveland makes the Finals again.

I see the arguments for and against superteams. Personally, I'm not all that invested in any one team, so I just tend to watch the games and teams I find interesting from one year to the next.

Given how interesting the West is shaping up, I imagine a lot of late nights watching some hoops this upcoming season.

I don't really have a team in the NBA anymore. I was a Sonics fan, but then they moved to OKC. Now I'm kinda a Warriors fan since I was a fan of Klay Thompson in college (I'm a Washington State fan for college sports) and they're a Cali team and I live in Cali now, but I can't really claim a team. I just wanna see competitiveness now.

Maybe one thing that can be done is limit the number of players eligible for an All Star Team or an Olympic team to 2 players from any one team. Making an All Star Team or an Olympic team is a very prestigious achievement. It's 2nd to championships but a reasonably close 2nd. Maybe when top notch players know there could be 2 players on a given team more likely than them to make an All Star Team they decide to join a lesser team, increasing their chances of being an All Star and helping the lesser teams get better.

Last edited:
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back