• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Actor Martin Landau dies at 89.

Can't say I am shocked, on account of his age, but he was damn fine actor.

As I was too young to have watched him in Mission: Impossible (I discovered the series through re-runs of the 1980's version, which I still like), I remember him mostly for the part of sleazy (and hinted to be sexually ambiguous) henchman Leonard in North by Northwest, as well as equally sleazy Dr Alvin Kurtzweil on X-Files: the movie. But above all, it's his portrayal of washed-up Hollywood foreign horror star Bela Lugosi (which got him an Oscar, I think) in Tim Burton's Ed Wood that I am the most fond of. All his lines are priceless in that one, and delivered with such passion that it gave me more than once the impression I was watching the actual Bela. Too bad there was no one to play Boris Karloff, but shhhhhh! Those who have seen the flick will get the joke ;)

A performance of Landau's that stands out for me is his turn--alongside the incomparable Jack Palance--as a homicidal escaped mental patient in the far-from-formulaic 1982 slasher film Alone in the Dark. This scene from the flick illustrates his talents for campy menace, as well as proving that road rage is hardly a contemporary plague:

And from this, a gif to remember him by:

KXEwvhL.jpg

Can't say I am shocked, on account of his age, but he was damn fine actor.

As I was too young to have watched him in Mission: Impossible (I discovered the series through re-runs of the 1980's version, which I still like), I remember him mostly for the part of sleazy (and hinted to be sexually ambiguous) henchman Leonard in North by Northwest, as well as equally sleazy Dr Alvin Kurtzweil on X-Files: the movie. But above all, it's his portrayal of washed-up Hollywood foreign horror star Bela Lugosi (which got him an Oscar, I think) in Tim Burton's Ed Wood that I am the most fond of. All his lines are priceless in that one, and delivered with such passion that it gave me more than once the impression I was watching the actual Bela. Too bad there was no one to play Boris Karloff, but shhhhhh! Those who have seen the flick will get the joke ;)

I just watched Ed Wood for the first time approximately 1 month ago. On the news they said he had been best friends with James Dean. RIP Mr. Landau

I remember watching him on Mission Impossible. RIP Martin Landau.

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back