• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"If they are looking at your feet..."

I agree with mils

This theory makes no sense to me at all.

It doesn't make sense if you're a foot fetishist, and assume that everyone else is like you.
This isn't about fixation on body parts. It's about people who are first interested in the person they're speaking to.

Didn't even bother to look at the video and went straight to the comments.

Everyone knows you need at least 1000 people for good research or poll. 105 is nothing but a waste of time.

I'm gonna be real generous and assume they did this study and purposely left out body-part fetishes as a variable. Scientists are very meticulous about not skewing research with intervening variables that can bias, or otherwise slant results. They likely assumed body-part fetishism would be too disruptive (i.e., deviant and uncommon) in analyzing the "mainstream" social/dating scene.

Yes it sounds like some BS to justify some research grant. Fetish or not a lot of men look at a woman's legs. I notice legs and feet, both in women friends and those that I'm interested in dating.
As you pointed out there's a reason that nylons, shorts and high heels are popular fashion.

Yes it sounds like some BS to justify some research grant. Fetish or not a lot of men look at a woman's legs. I notice legs and feet, both in women friends and those that I'm interested in dating.
As you pointed out there's a reason that nylons, shorts and high heels are popular fashion.

THANK YOU: that's exactly what I meant! I call :bsflag: on this whole thing because precisely you do not need to be into feet to check them when you are interested in a woman, for reasons you and I have already stated. It's like saying "if a woman is checking your ass, then she' s looking for friendship", on account that reproductive organs are located in the crotch area, on the opposite side. This "science" is dubious at best and like all pseudo-science will do terrible damage to credulous minds.

Seriously. And I bet they spent $50,000 on the research.

Seriously, federal grants people, next time gimme that money. I'll surely make better use of it than those bozos :blaugh:

Last edited:
Everyone knows you need at least 1000 people for good research or poll. 105 is nothing but a waste of time.

Actually, clicking through to the abstract of the paper itself, they used 105 subjects of whom 36 were men and 69 were women. So their conclusions about men's gazes are based on a sample size of 36, which is absurdly low. (To get even a 90% chance of correctly rejecting the null hypothesis when it is indeed false I would want a sample size of 500.)

Actually, clicking through to the abstract of the paper itself, they used 105 subjects of whom 36 were men and 69 were women. So their conclusions about men's gazes are based on a sample size of 36, which is absurdly low. (To get even a 90% chance of correctly rejecting the null hypothesis when it is indeed false I would want a sample size of 500.)

Good point, Mils!

Thought I'd share my thoughts on a possible correlation from similar research

The paper starts out relatively normal with an introduction on nonverbal 1st impressions.
Once ya start reading about the interpretation of the sample things start sounding off.
"Cue-utilization" of the sample focuses on spotting negativity. (page 5)

"Attachment anxiety is associated with fear of being abandoned and rejected (e.g., DeWall et al., 2012).
Therefore, it is reasonable for observers to assume that a highly anxious person would carefully manage his or her public image in order to avoid rejection.
The cue-utilization correlations indicate that observers did use these kinds of cues to infer attachment anxiety,
which was correlated with shoes looking brand new and in good repair."

"Agreeableness is associated with friendliness, generosity, helpfulness, and modesty;
it was negatively correlated with pointy toes, price, and brand visibility
(signs of practical and affordable shoes)."

"Emotional Stability is associated with calmness, and being even-tempered and relaxed;
it negatively correlated with pointy toes and high heels (signs of formal and uncomfortable shoes)."

I'm guessing the opposite of negativity would more closely translate into friendship than relationship.

The University of Kansas study, which Professor Bahns contributed to, also has a quite small undergraduate sample size.

Bahns's sample is probably overwhelmingly female due to the Wellesley tradition of being an all girls school. (I've written that for any foreigners not familiar with Wellesley)

Shoes as a source of first impressions. Journal of Research in Personality, 46, 423–430.

Reference listed under G as in Gillath.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10508-017-1022-5

Maybe they were actually doing a study to see how easy it is to make foot fetishists start squealing about something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Maybe they were actually doing a study to see how easy it is to make foot fetishists start squealing about something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

:laughhard: Lol it did occur to me.

But I disagree: it does not have nothing to do with us. If it has to do with feet, then we are concerned~

I think the reason why we feel so strongly about this is how wrongly this kind of "study" portrays us. Spreading around the idea that a man who checks a woman's feet is not interested in her makes us feel wronged, somehow. Because, you know, we do check feet, and we do have ulterior motives for that. That the object of our affections may interpret our languorous glare the wrong way is an annoying thought.

And besides, like several of us already pointed out, this "study" is wrong to begin with, both in its conclusions and in its methodology.

I remember back in college, a study conducted in Great Britain claimed to have established that men were more intelligent than women. Two days later, a similar study conducted in Germany came up with the exact opposite results. People give too much credit (pun intended) to researchers :D

Expanding upon my earlier opinion about Professor Omri Gillath's shoe research.

:laughhard: Lol it did occur to me.

But I disagree: it does not have nothing to do with us. If it has to do with feet, then we are concerned~

I think the reason why we feel so strongly about this is how wrongly this kind of "study" portrays us. Spreading around the idea that a man who checks a woman's feet is not interested in her makes us feel wronged, somehow. Because, you know, we do check feet, and we do have ulterior motives for that. That the object of our affections may interpret our languorous glare the wrong way is an annoying thought.

And besides, like several of us already pointed out, this "study" is wrong to begin with, both in its conclusions and in its methodology.

I remember back in college, a study conducted in Great Britain claimed to have established that men were more intelligent than women. Two days later, a similar study conducted in Germany came up with the exact opposite results. People give too much credit (pun intended) to researchers :D

Professor Omri Gillath and his contributor Professor Angela Bahns do not care about feet in the slightest.
Yahoo Beauty just decided to title the piece after the Q&A with Professor Bahms went in that direction.
Professor Omri Gillath's work, represented by his titles, focus on the subject matter of attachment.
Approximately 90% of his citations have attachment in the title.
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=avELpMcAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra

"Our analysis also revealed an interesting effect of relational goal for gaze patterns in the leg and foot regions,
such that participants viewed the legs and feet longer when making judgments about potential friends as compared to potential mates."
"Gillath, Bahns, Ge, and Crandall (2012) found shoes to be an accurate artificial sign used to make judgments about a person's personality."
"Our finding extends this work by suggesting that people might use artificial signs, like shoes,
to inform their judgments of relationship potential and that these cues could potentially be used differently depending on the goals of the interaction or relationship."
"Future research should investigate whether the kind of personality-related information that can be gleaned from shoes or clothing is especially important in the context of friendship selection."
Click below for the freely downloadable version of the paper featured on Yahoo Beauty.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318278179_Eye_Movements_When_Looking_at_Potential_Friends_and_Romantic_Partners

Professor Omri Gillath and his contributor Professor Angela Bahns do not care about feet in the slightest.
Yahoo Beauty just decided to title the piece after the Q&A with Professor Bahms went in that direction.
Professor Omri Gillath's work, represented by his titles, focus on the subject matter of attachment.
Approximately 90% of his citations have attachment in the title.
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=avELpMcAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra

"Our analysis also revealed an interesting effect of relational goal for gaze patterns in the leg and foot regions,
such that participants viewed the legs and feet longer when making judgments about potential friends as compared to potential mates."
"Gillath, Bahns, Ge, and Crandall (2012) found shoes to be an accurate artificial sign used to make judgments about a person's personality."
"Our finding extends this work by suggesting that people might use artificial signs, like shoes,
to inform their judgments of relationship potential and that these cues could potentially be used differently depending on the goals of the interaction or relationship."
"Future research should investigate whether the kind of personality-related information that can be gleaned from shoes or clothing is especially important in the context of friendship selection."
Click below for the freely downloadable version of the paper featured on Yahoo Beauty.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318278179_Eye_Movements_When_Looking_at_Potential_Friends_and_Romantic_Partners

But it's got feet in it, dammit! That's all that's relevant!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back