• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cool tropes: "The friendly torturer"

Tenebrae

Verified
I have been reflecting lately on the finest aspects of our community's fictional works, be them art, stories, videos, etc...

One of the things I like the most in a torture scene, no matter how sadistic and intense, is when the torturer behaves in a refined, warm and polite manner, almost like a host to his/her unfortunate "guest". I have discussed that a few times with my friend Augustine, whose works almost always show that. Here are some samples:

Lie Detector.jpgDetoxification.jpgMaria's+Fundraiser.jpg

In vanilla fiction, characters that belong to this trope are Hannibal Lecter (the original character from Red Dragon, Silence and Hannibal, not the lame do-gooder from the TV series or Hannibal Rising) who can dismember a man while listening to a violin concerto and asking him casually if he wants his "bowels inside or outside?"; Mr Vespasian from The Darkness comic book, always ready to serve a cup of tea to a mutilated prisoner; or Eric Idle from Brazil.

I cannot resist that; it has a certain appeal to me which I cannot describe :bubbleheart: It works really well in the particular context of our fetish, where torture is above all a mind game and requires a subtle touch (pun intended). I really abhor vulgarity and lack of education, in real life as well as in fiction, and always find it a plus when dominant characters display such characteristics. Sometimes it adds to the intensity of the scene, where the confusing behavior of the man or woman in charge appears even more frightening to the victim than crude bestiality would have. There is also a powerful erotic charge in the contrast between the victim and her tormentor: the humiliation and despair felt by the former, often crying or begging, naked, while her fully dressed, good-looking tormentor, sips a glass of wine and casually explains why he/she must continue torturing her, sometimes expressing regrets in a feigned maternal tone, other times gleefully detailing the procedures that shall be inflicted next... This is just awesome.

Do you also feel that way? Is there any other fictional character that you like, fetish of otherwise, which you think fits this trope?

I am sorry but I have trademarked the word "cool"

It works really well in the particular context of our fetish, where torture is above all a mind game and requires a subtle touch (pun intended). I really abhor vulgarity and lack of education, in real life as well as in fiction, and always find it a plus when dominant characters display such characteristics. Sometimes it adds to the intensity of the scene, where the confusing behavior of the man or woman in charge appears even more frightening to the victim than crude bestiality would have. There is also a powerful erotic charge in the contrast between the victim and her tormentor: the humiliation and despair felt by the former, often crying or begging, naked, while her fully dressed, good-looking tormentor, sips a glass of wine and casually explains why he/she must continue torturing her, sometimes expressing regrets in a feigned maternal tone, other times gleefully detailing the procedures that shall be inflicted next... This is just awesome.

I have to agree... couldn't have put it better myself! The stark contrast in control and power are two of the things I love the most :evilha: :happyfloa

Absolutely.

I think the thing with any S&M play is that it can easily tip over into abuse or (within a relationship context) domestic violence. Politeness and courtesy combined with sadism, keeps things on the correct side of the line.

We certainly share some superficial preferences – I also don't care for profanity and sexual colloquialism. And I gravitate toward the idea that the character in control is on some level known by both characters to be facilitating the realization of whatever fantasy the other has but outwardly rejects or resists; as though the "host" is interfacing with the inward and hidden part of that person which is receptive and accepting. The eroticism is in the struggle of the outward person as this happens to them.

(That's essentially different from Hannibal – in that Hannibal is presumably made to genuinely disturb or unsettle, whereas stories are ultimate made to please even if they take the reader beyond what they typically consider their comfort zone. Unless we're talking about truly different fictional setups: masked but desiring non-consent versus true non-consent.)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back