• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Eclipse superstitions.

My Bf has talked about driving out somewhere to see the Eclipse. Not sure if we will but... we'll see. :)

Captured-
Even tho you're in Florida, you guys may get at least a good partial eclipse. No need to waste gas and moola, unless ya's just wanna. To get a better eclipse, you'd have to go north, maybe even into Georgia (hmmm......). There's a map you can download at svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/4518. I won't get to see totality, maybe none of any of it (I'll be working - we have to unload a truck on Mondays). Also may have a grandson delivered that day....an omen? (eerie music plays) And, you gots to worry about the weather - will it be clear that day, or cloudy, if you drive somewhere else. Maybe would be best to just watch it on the science channel (if'n you get it). Oh....I'm an arm-chair astronomer - I read the astronomy magazines, but I don't have a telescope. Too much light pollution here in my spot in Atlanta.

Last edited:
Captured-
Even tho you're in Florida, you guys may get at least a good partial eclipse. No need to waste gas and moola, unless ya's just wanna. To get a better eclipse, you'd have to go north, maybe even into Georgia (hmmm......). There's a map you can download at svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/4518. I won't get to see totality, maybe none of any of it (I'll be working - we have to unload a truck on Mondays). Also may have a grandson delivered that day....an omen? (eerie music plays) And, you gots to worry about the weather - will it be clear that day, or cloudy, if you drive somewhere else. Maybe would be best to just watch it on the science channel (if'n you get it). Oh....I'm an arm-chair astronomer - I read the astronomy magazines, but I don't have a telescope. Too much light pollution here in my spot in Atlanta.

Actually we thinking about driving to South Carolina. Road trip up there with some friends. But I'm currently sick so... we'll see.
And yeah the weather these days... gonna keep a good watch on that, that's for sure!

Watch it on The Science Channel that way you are sure to see it safely.

Thanks for the links. I am not sure what the view will be like in Oregon, but I hope to see it safely

For those who might want to drive to a favorable spot, this link may be of interest. Granted, we're still about a week away, and things could change (either way). And, remember the crowds that may be gathering along the line of totality. Even with those admonitions, and I've never seen one myself, from what I understand, if you get to see it, it will blow your mind. So, if you do decide to drive to a "favorable" location, best of luck!

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/cities-us-where-youll-see-174800218.html

Everyone be sure to take appropriate safety measures when observing it. Remember that some websites that supposedly sell glasses that "let you view the eclipse safely" are in fact selling a false product so take steps to make sure your not being duped.

To add to the admonitions of safety.... even if you are in the zone of totality, DO NOT look directly at it without eye protection UNTIL it is total. At that point, no protection is OK, for about 2 and a half minutes. Anytime outside of totality, you may be messin' with your eyesite. For me, no big deal - I'm an old fogey, and won't even get to see the partial (gotta work). Just trying to protect you young whippersnapper's eyesite.....don't do something stupid (you wouldn't go out tomorrow and look at the sun, right?). Hope everyone gets an interesting view of the beast - they are not common. And for this one to cover a good part of the U.S. - nifty. Again, be careful, save your eyes.

Many channels on TV will cover it.

I'm going to watch it either on TV or online.

I didn't get the eclipse glasses.

I've heard about people . (At least one guy that I can remember) who has permanent eye damage from viewing an eclipse without proper safe coverage to his eyes.

I've heard it's supposed to get about as dark as "twilight" here.

We'll see what happens.

Actually we thinking about driving to South Carolina. Road trip up there with some friends. But I'm currently sick so... we'll see.
And yeah the weather these days... gonna keep a good watch on that, that's for sure!

^I have heard that Charleston is going to be a good viewing spot.^

After several weeks of beautiful blue skies, cloud cover made the eclipse a non-event here. :( I hope some of you had better luck.

My son and his intrepid band of nerd buddies drove all the way down to South Carolina to get a first-eye view of the totality. Meanwhile, our born leader of a president set another good example for the American people by demonstrating from the Truman Balcony not just the location in the firmament but how to safely view a solar eclipse (and at the same time how to spot inbound North Korean ICBMs):

mqdefault.jpg

Granted, he, Melania and Barron shortly thereafter did don [<--even our language is Trump[SUP]®[/SUP]-branded] the standard-issue eclipse goggles, which totally blew up my earlier musing that everybody at this White House might come out for the event wearing The Mooch's "active woman" sunglasses.

What I want to know, Mr. 45, is why your vaunted NASA couldn't make sure my little town had enough ISO-certified shades to go around. Even the 7-Eleven was out.

It was really neat! NASA did a really great live stream of it which was a ton of fun to watch

I too went blind - but not from looking at the eclipse unaided. (WHAT?? Who said that??! No way!)

It was pretty clear here, thankfully.

The sky was a bit hazy, but the difference in the sky could still be seen.

Supposedly, the eclipse was 70% visible in NYC.

The sky turned.. to almost like.. how it is when the sun is setting.

Not really dark "twilight", but more so.. early type twilight after the sun has just set.

After the eclipse was over, the sky turned back into a usual mid afternoon color, even with the haze.

It was still a very cool/interesting event.. Mainly on TV, but even in NYC as well.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back