• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite video game?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
What's everyone's favorite video game that they've ever played? :D

Gonna mention a few here. Also, I should preface this by saying that my gaming life started in the early 90s and finished about 10 years ago lol. So all my choices are from that time period! In reverse chronological order, then:

GTA: Vice City. Loved all of those games, but the sort of sleazy “80s excess” vibe of that game made it a lot of fun to play!

The original Hitman game. I liked the fact that you had to use yer noggin if you wanted to get anywhere in that game. Coming up with stealthy little strategies, having to be patient, wait for the right moment to act, snapping a guy’s neck and shoving him in a cupboard… Ah, good times lol. Splinter Cell was a similar sort of game that I really enjoyed. But with that one you got to use a load of cool gadgets!

The first couple of Medal of Honour games. Had never played a shooter that was that sophisticated and life-like before.

The first couple of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater games. Unlike a couple of mates I had then, I was never into skateboarding. But I still enjoyed the heck out of those games!

The first Broken Sword game – which I think I mentioned in another thread, so I won’t bore people with more talk of that!

Various walking left-to-right while kicking ass-type games like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe: that little green Viking dwarf guy – or whatever the frick he was – was like a father to me pfff lol.

And just to be obscure: Brian Lara Cricket on the Sega Mega Drive. (Cautious defensive stroke… Ooh, the excitement! lol)

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Vice City.

I have too many god Damn games to pick from lol

Gonna date myself, but Castlevania, Pole Position, Mortal Kombat, and Battle of Olympus.

Also, Bruce Lee, and Impossible Mission.

Last edited:
For me it's Thief 2: The Metal Age. It was one of the earliest stealth games, and to this day one of the most immersive and creepiest.

Hearts of Iron II is one of my favorites, and it is definitely the game I spent the most time playing.

There are too many to pick only one though. Morrowind, Deus Ex, Shogun 2, Dragon Age: Origins, and many others all could make the top of the list :rockon:

There are too many to pick only one though. :rockon:

I agree. Loved many others over the years. Pool of Radiance, Civilization II, Super NES Stars Wars, Land of the Dead, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead...the list goes on and on.

Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Fable II
Assassin's Creed II
BioShock

Various walking left-to-right while kicking ass-type games like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe: that little green Viking dwarf guy – or whatever the frick he was – was like a father to me pfff lol.
Give Dragon's Crown a shot. Vanillaware's art is gorgeous and it's a pretty modern take on beat-em-ups.

Secret of Mana

Secret of Mana's getting a remake on the PS4, Vita, and Steam.

Here's hoping it has netplay. (If not, you can still emulate the SNES version and play over IP.)

Would be neat if it succeeded, and they gave Seiken Densetsu 3 (its sequel) the same treatment.

Let's see....

Yea, GTA games were always fun (V was the weakest tho IMO), but I always found it funny if you were hanging with a friend and they just wanted to run over peds/fight the police they didn't opt for Carmageddon.

Been playing a lot of South Park: The Stick of Truth when I'm bored.

Saints Row 2 I think is the ultimate GTA clone.

Dead Rising/Dead Island games are fun (kind of two of the same brand of game with different perceptions.).

Bioshock anybody? The first two games were great, the infinite one....eh.

Oh and shoutout for Super Mario 64.....the game's still getting rom hacked in ways people never thought of 20+ years ago.

Any Final Fantasy. Some more than others.

Final Fantasy VI all the way am I right? :D Kefka was the most evilest villain!

Gods YES! I LOVED Streets of Rage! I wish the same studio that made Dragon's Crown would remake Streets of Rage but make it a trillion times better! I loved Golden Axe too! Glad to find someone who still remembers and loves the side scrolling classics! :D

Would be neat if it succeeded, and they gave Seiken Densetsu 3 (its sequel) the same treatment.

If they remade Seiken Densetsu 3 and gave it an American release I could die happy. :D

Bioshock anybody? The first two games were great, the infinite one....eh.

I LOVED the first Bioshock. There is something very appealing to this game, whether it its breathtaking art direction, its clever story carried just at the right pace, its philosophical elements, or its perfect mechanics. I was swept off my feet by this game. It has only one drawback IMO, I wish they hadn't made it a shooter but rather a RPG-shooter hybrid like Deus Ex or Mass Effect. I would have loved to explore Rapture rather than shoot my way through it, especially a pre-downfall Rapture. Join factions and gradually lift the veil of this libertarian dystopia masquerading as a Utopia, uncovering conspiracies and doing quests, chatting with the citizens. That would have been awesome. I never played the sequels though. I heard great things about them, but that's about it.

Saints Row 2 I think is the ultimate GTA clone.

Have you ever played The Godfather: the Game? IMO this is the best GTA-like I have ever played. As the big fan of China that I am, I also liked Sleeping Dogs, an excellent GTA-like set in Hong-Kong. But granted, it is largely a matter of personal taste.

Gods YES! I LOVED Streets of Rage!

Streets of Rage... I love this game so much! Perfect gameplay with ageless graphics and a killer soundtrack that has accompanied with me my whole life. It's already excellent in single player, but playing with a friend takes this game to new, heavenly levels of perfection! Every time I play it, it is still the same intact pleasure as back when I was 7 years old...

Give Dragon's Crown a shot. Vanillaware's art is gorgeous and it's a pretty modern take on beat-em-ups.

Gods YES! I LOVED Streets of Rage! I wish the same studio that made Dragon's Crown would remake Streets of Rage but make it a trillion times better! I loved Golden Axe too! Glad to find someone who still remembers and loves the side scrolling classics! :D

Looked up this Dragon's Crown game. Seems like it would maybe be a bit too Fantasy for my liking, I dunno. :shrug:

But I don't think I could get back into video games, anyway. I just enjoy reminiscing! :)

Looked up this Dragon's Crown game. Seems like it would maybe be a bit too Fantasy for my liking, I dunno. :shrug:

But I don't think I could get back into video games, anyway. I just enjoy reminiscing! :)

Ah, nostalgia. It is both my agony and my ecstasy. :D

I can't pick, so I'm gonna name the game(s) for each console that I ever had.

NES: Super Mario

N64: Pokemon Stadium 2

PS1: Crash Team Racing

PS2: GTA San Andreas, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, NFL Blitz 2003

Gamecube: Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash

XBOX: Halo 2, NFL 2K5

PS3: Saints Row 2

PS4: GTA V

Wii U: Smash Bros Wii U/Mario Kart 8

I'll be getting myself a Nintendo Switch at the end of the year, and right now the game I'm looking forward to the most is Pokken Tournament DX

Last edited:
My favourite atm? Probably Halo 5 as usual BUT I'm too busy to play atm. Hope to get back to it again soon!:)

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back