• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Hurricane Harvey.

Good Luck, Bugman. Hopefully everyone stays safe.

I've been through two hurricanes in my life. Gloria in 1985, and Sandy in 2012. They were terrible.

During Gloria. We lost power for two days. A friend did not have power for 5 days.

In 2012 during Sandy, Times Square was dark, completely without power.

This storm is really looking bad for you people in Eastern Texas. It has become the top story on CNN News.

Today is history in 1915 it was reported that 275 people were killed by a hurricane in Galveston, Texas.

Thanks guys, I'll be fine. Flooding isn't a big problem in my neighborhood. The worst places for flash floods are west of I-35 and south of Hwy 290-71. I feel for those people, hope it's not too bad for them this time.

Oh Mitch, I was living in Houston when Hurricane Alicia hit in 1983. You're right, its not fun. My power was off for ten days but I was out of town most of that time.

Stay safe and dry! And don't forget bread and milk ;) plus other essentials (TP... beer...wine).

Stay safe and dry! And don't forget bread and milk ;) plus other essentials (TP... beer...wine).

Thanks Des. Its 7:40 here and so far all is well. Landfall in Corpus Christi is supposed to be around 9 tonight. And Harvey is now a Category 4 hurricane.

Lived in Houston for a year and a half. Hurricanes are definitely one of the things I don't miss; went thru a minor one (or a part of one) in '78 or '79. Also had a few typhoons in Japan (dad was in the Air Force). Certainly not fun things to live through. Best of luck to those in the area.

"How High The Water Mama" ............................

an old Johnny Cash song. Let us know how you are making out.

Thanks guys. Things are not too bad here right now. There's some isolated flooding and some road closures but the heavy stuff is expected tomorrow and Monday. I hope some of our Houston members will check in.

Hi bug

I hope you're okay.

I remember Hurricane Alicia.

My father had a client in Houston, and had gone down there on business. His plane just got out, and back to NY, just before Hurricane Alicia hit Houston.
I've also been missed by one major hurricane.

In 1989, Hurricane Hugo looked like it was coming to hit NYC directly.

I can remember the officials on our college campus telling all the students to go home.

It turns out, the hurricane completely missed us, and all we got is a bit of wind, and rain.

Hurricanes are terrible, and it looks like some places down there are going to get it badly, unfortunately.

I have been reading about all the brave first responders, police officers, firefighters, journalists and private citizens who have gone to extraordinary lengths to help save lives. This is truly an awful storm, but I am glad there are so many good people in the world willing to help!

I lived through tropical storms Irene and Lee in 2011. They came one after the other. Rained for days and days. Worst flooding here (southern tier of NY) in 75 years. I came through it relatively unscathed, but a lot of folks in this area did not.

I think I have at least some idea of what Texans in certain areas must be going through.

I lived through tropical storms Irene and Lee in 2011. They came one after the other. Rained for days and days. Worst flooding here (southern tier of NY) in 75 years. I came through it relatively unscathed, but a lot of folks in this area did not.

I think I have at least some idea of what Texans in certain areas must be going through.

I'm in Houston. I'm ok. I'm so glad there are some good people left in the world that have helped out (including people coming from out of state!). Oh, and sunshine is in the forecast! :)

I'm in Houston. I'm ok. I'm so glad there are some good people left in the world that have helped out (including people coming from out of state!). Oh, and sunshine is in the forecast! :)
Glad you are OK, Bethan83! :D

I have donated money through my American news website (Breitbart) and also thanks to the link provided by Bugman, to the American Red Cross. I feel really bad for Texas and America as a whole. I have been on holiday for the whole month and I somehow failed to notice the gravity of the situation until I was back home. The Lone Star State is one of my favorite places in the US, and I feel deeply moved by this tragedy.

I send my hopes that Texas will overcome. No doubt its inhabitants are tough, but still I hope they will get all the help they need.

A word of advice to those who, like me, are trying to donate money. Be sure to go through proper, official channels; as I was searching the Internet, I found out that there are a few ill-intentioned people out there who are trying to use the emotion of the moment to make a substantial profit by embezzling money that should otherwise have gone to the victims. Same happened when Katrina hit Louisiana, so just like then, be very cautious who you trust.

I'm glad to hear you're okay Beth, I've been worried about you.

I have donated money through my American news website (Breitbart) and also thanks to the link provided by Bugman, to the American Red Cross. I feel really bad for Texas and America as a whole. I have been on holiday for the whole month and I somehow failed to notice the gravity of the situation until I was back home. The Lone Star State is one of my favorite places in the US, and I feel deeply moved by this tragedy.

I send my hopes that Texas will overcome. No doubt its inhabitants are tough, but still I hope they will get all the help they need.

Your support is greatly appreciated Tenebrae. :)

A word of advice to those who, like me, are trying to donate money. Be sure to go through proper, official channels; as I was searching the Internet, I found out that there are a few ill-intentioned people out there who are trying to use the emotion of the moment to make a substantial profit by embezzling money that should otherwise have gone to the victims. Same happened when Katrina hit Louisiana, so just like then, be very cautious who you trust.

Yes, there are bottom-feeders who always look to profit from the misfortune of others. And as the clean up and rebuilding begin shyster "contractors" will descend on the state like a swarm of locust. A pox on them all. :disgust:

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back