• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I bought Tales of the Asylum 01 just now. Oh boy!

Tenebrae

Verified
I came to Tales of the Asylum a bit late, around 2013, long after its last issue to date (#31) had been published. Back then, I bought issue #21, mainly because it had a nice BAC drawing on the cover (I am a BAC enthusiast) but that was it. I remember not liking it that much: too much nylon tickling in it (which I am adverse to), and stories were too short. Not that I have anything against short stories, but these felt like there had been an untapped potential to them while they hadn't been given sufficient time/space to flourish.

In addition, the plethora of otherwise awesome MTJ publications was enough to keep me entertained for a lifetime. Despite the regrettable retirement of FTKL, we now got the likes of Bandito, AnnoXanti, Colin, Tarr2k (I hope I spelled this one right) and many others to create mind-blowing works. Thus the Tales of the Asylum magazine, despite its glorious name had somehow quietly stepped out of my focus.

But then yesterday, it was unexpectedly brought back to my memory by an unlikely source: all-time master of fetish art CAB; no relation to BAC, for those who wonder. I re-read one of his masterpieces called Tales of the Desperate; if you have never seen it, it is basically a fake magazine for bondage and art lovers, a recreation of sorts of the kind of publications "for men" that existed in the 20th century up until the 80's or so, complete with bondage-related ads, classifieds and news. Deliciously retro with its seemingly old coloring, and with awesome content to boot! As I was reading this, I was thinking "damn, it'd be so glorious if such a magazine really had existed!".

And then I thought: "Wait a minute... there was TFTA, wasn't there?" Granted, it is a different take on the concept, more modern (no ads, links to websites...) but it was a tickling publication, by and for ticklers and lees around the world (although definitely American-centric). I decided it was time to give it another go... only to find out it was on sale today! Youpi! was my first utterance, immediately followed by a frantic search of the catalog. I bought a few issues this morning and spent most of said morning reading them... only to basically get my mind blown.

Besides the amazing artwork which does not need further presentation, I was very impressed by the literary quality of the stories. They are damn original, wonderfully written with amazingly fleshed-out characters despite the shortness imposed by the format. It truly baffles me that they are not more well-known around here, as I found most of them to be worthy of the name classic. In issue #19 in particular, there is one called The Greater Good by one Kunzite that is nothing short of glorious. In only a few tight, but action-packed pages, the author delivers a real punch to the gut that has left me breathless. If you ever buy one issue of TFTA, then let it be this one, and not just because of this particular story. Marauder's Old House is also very good, and Xordliv's (apologies if I misspelled) Witches of Enari were a real treat as well. And just to make things even more awesome than they already were, FTKL reminds everyone that he is the boss with a monumental cover art that perfectly tops off this flawless publication.

I also liked Marauder's (him again!) Immunity, complete with awesome art by ShanE in issue #22. Very surprising story of ticklish madness that completely "takes you in" for a thrilling ride and has a really, really perfect ending.

My favorite issue however is none of the above: that would be the very first one, published on Aug 1st 1999. That's right, I was 12 at the time (boy I feel old, all of a sudden!), and I had that fuzzy feeling in my heart when I read Morandilas' Editorial. I can feel his enthusiasm, hope and pride of having put together this incredible team of talented artists and writers, offering our very little niche community its own high-quality publication. But all nostalgia aside, this issue is amazing in and by itself. Most art in here is done by FTKL and it is amazing as ever. On the story side, they are all amazing, but I have a particular fondness for Life at the Center, a thrilling WIP tale. Also all stories sort of explore similar themes, which gives the issue a unique cohesion, unlike later publications whose scope gradually increased with each release as new writers were brought on board. I also like the clean, clear-cut presentation, which makes the reading all the more agreeable, especially to a guy like me who does not like to read fiction on the computer screen.

I have two questions. One, who made the art on page 21 of issue #19, the one that illustrates the Witches of Enari? It isn't signed. Two, what's the name of the font used in issue #1? It's gorgeous, looks like the one White Wolf used in the pen-and-paper RPG Vampire: the Masquerade. I'd love to write an entire story or article using that font :xpulcy:

Last edited:
I came to Tales of the Asylum a bit late, around 2013, long after its last issue to date (#31) had been published. Back then, I bought issue #21, mainly because it had a nice BAC drawing on the cover (I am a BAC enthusiast) but that was it. I remember not liking it that much: too much nylon tickling in it (which I am adverse to), and stories were too short. Not that I have anything against short stories, but these felt like there had been an untapped potential to them while they hadn't been given sufficient time/space to flourish.

In addition, the plethora of otherwise awesome MTJ publications was enough to keep me entertained for a lifetime. Despite the regrettable retirement of FTKL, we now got the likes of Bandito, AnnoXanti, Colin, Tarr2k (I hope I spelled this one right) and many others to create mind-blowing works. Thus the Tales of the Asylum magazine, despite its glorious name had somehow quietly stepped out of my focus.

But then yesterday, it was unexpectedly brought back to my memory by an unlikely source: all-time master of fetish art CAB; no relation to BAC, for those who wonder. I re-read one of his masterpieces called Tales of the Desperate; if you have never seen it, it is basically a fake magazine for bondage and art lovers, a recreation of sorts of the kind of publications "for men" that existed in the 20th century up until the 80's or so, complete with bondage-related ads, classifieds and news. Deliciously retro with its seemingly old coloring, and with awesome content to boot! As I was reading this, I was thinking "damn, it'd be so glorious if such a magazine really had existed!".

And then I thought: "Wait a minute... there was TFTA, wasn't there?" Granted, it is a different take on the concept, more modern (no ads, links to websites...) but it was a tickling publication, by and for ticklers and lees around the world (although definitely American-centric). I decided it was time to give it another go... only to find out it was on sale today! Youpi! was my first utterance, immediately followed by a frantic search of the catalog. I bought a few issues this morning and spent most of said morning reading them... only to basically get my mind blown.

Besides the amazing artwork which does not need further presentation, I was very impressed by the literary quality of the stories. They are damn original, wonderfully written with amazingly fleshed-out characters despite the shortness imposed by the format. It truly baffles me that they are not more well-known around here, as I found most of them to be worthy of the name classic. In issue #19 in particular, there is one called The Greater Good by one Kunzite that is nothing short of glorious. In only a few tight, but action-packed pages, the author delivers a real punch to the gut that has left me breathless. If you ever buy one issue of TFTA, then let it be this one, and not just because of this particular story. Marauder's Old House is also very good, and Xordliv's (apologies if I misspelled) Witches of Enari were a real treat as well. And just to make things even more awesome than they already were, FTKL reminds everyone that he is the boss with a monumental cover art that perfectly tops off this flawless publication.

I also liked Marauder's (him again!) Immunity, complete with awesome art by ShanE in issue #22. Really surprising story of ticklish madness that really "takes you in" for a thrilling ride and has a really, really perfect ending.

My favorite issue however is none of the above: that would be the very first one, published on Aug 1st 1999. That's right, I was 12 at the time (boy I feel old, all of a sudden!), and I had that fuzzy feeling in my heart when I read Morandilas' Editorial. I can feel his enthusiasm, hope and pride of having put together this incredible team of talented artists and writers, offering our very little niche community its own high-quality publication. But all nostalgia aside, this issue is amazing in and by itself. Most art

I'm glad you gave TFTA another try and enjoyed your purchase so much!

TFTA launched 18 years ago this month and formed the foundation that MTJ Publishing was built upon. It brought together a plethora of talented folks without whom none of this would be possible. The entire experience is one of my most cherished memories of working in the genre and I consider myself very fortunate indeed!

Thank you for your very kind words and support!

Jim
MTJpub.com

Lol not sure what happened but I just realized that the tail end of my post did not get published. I have edited it back in, check it out! :D

And you welcome! It is always nice to be pleasantly surprised by a publication. I can really feel the excitement that must have been yours at the time through your words in the editorial. That is what makes the first issue so special IMO; beyond its intrinsic qualities, it is a milestone.

I have two questions. One, who made the art on page 21 of issue #19, the one that illustrates the Witches of Enari? It isn't signed. Two, what's the name of the font used in issue #1? It's gorgeous, looks like the one White Wolf used in the pen-and-paper RPG Vampire: the Masquerade. I'd love to write an entire story or article using that font :xpulcy:

The illustration for the story Witches of Enari was illustrated by TKL a.k.a. Zuni.

Unfortunately the original production files for TFTA were lost many years ago and as a result I am unable to identify the font used in issue #1.

And you welcome! It is always nice to be pleasantly surprised by a publication. I can really feel the excitement that must have been yours at the time through your words in the editorial. That is what makes the first issue so special IMO; beyond its intrinsic qualities, it is a milestone.

The best part is that I experience the same level of excitement after all these years. I absolutely love it!

Jim
MTJpub.com

Thank you, Jim! I was not familiar with Zuni as an artist (and I thought I knew your whole roster! :p), so I am glad for this belated discovery. I like his style!

Don't worry about the font, I'll just search for it. Or maybe I'll write an email to White Wolf and ask them about it~

The best part is that I experience the same level of excitement after all these years. I absolutely love it!

Jim
MTJpub.com

We can all feel your enthusiasm from the way you promote your productions. I can relate to how gratifying it must be to work towards your passion; it must be a special kind of achievement to be in charge of a house like MTJ. That you manage to keep the feelings intact after so many years is no surprise, but it is great to hear nonetheless. Reading that first issue was a wonderful throwback to those early times.

*Bows* More than honored to be mentioned, Tenebrae... Always proud to be associated with the MTJ clan -- bearing the kinkiest medulla oblongata on the face of Tickledom haha! :D

*Bows* More than honored to be mentioned, Tenebrae... Always proud to be associated with the MTJ clan -- bearing the kinkiest medulla oblongata on the face of Tickledom haha! :D

You welcome, lol! This along with your ticklish pituitary gland makes you the queen of kinky artwork ;)

:woman:

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back