• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

For the history buffs and foot ticklers out there

archmagusblue

TMF Novice
Link deleted since the content could just be summed up in a couple of paragraphs, seen in next comment, sorry about that.

Last edited:
That was a wasted link. Could have just posted the two paragraphs here, like so:

Foot tickling was used in the Muscovite palaces and courts for centuries as a means of arousal. Many of the Czarinas (Catherine the Great, Anna Ivanovna, and others) loved it. In fact, it was so popular that eunuchs and women were employed as full time foot ticklers.
While the ticklers performed their task, they often told bawdy stories and sang obscene ballads. This was done to get the ladies into the mood for liaisons with their husbands or lovers.

Sorry? I don't post a whole lot and just didn't think about it.

I don't think there was any reason to remove the link. Posting the two relevant paragraphs is nice, but having the link too, isn't a problem. Very interesting stuff. I've used foot tickling and stimulation to get a lady in the mood plenty of times :)

I don't think there was any reason to remove the link. Posting the two relevant paragraphs is nice, but having the link too, isn't a problem. Very interesting stuff. I've used foot tickling and stimulation to get a lady in the mood plenty of times :)

I concur; I have read stories based on this factoid but it is intriguing to know it isn't just something one of us has made up and others have repeated.

Without the link I have no means of checking the source material. So maybe posting the two relevant paragraphs with the link at the end be the way forwards.

Actually, I'll just go ahead and paste the whole thing in case the URL is removed:

An account of lady's foot tickling as punishment in the Russian Court. As reported by Sir Robert Ownsley, Special Emissary to the Russian Court, 1786.
"The Czarina Catherine had apparently grown irritable at the conduct of one of her ladies-in-waiting. The young girl had presumably engaged in carnal conduct with the wrong courtier. The Czarina ordered the exceptionally pretty young maid bound, in full court attire, to a curved couch.

"For fear of her life the woman did not protest, nor did she offer any resistance, yet the look of stark fear in her face was quite noticeable to all present. Upon orders, her shoes and stockings were removed, revealing to the crowdher very white and quite comely feet. The feet are considered to be sexually arousing to the Russians, and several ladies blushed while the men became noticeably aroused by their mere exposure. The young lady herself seemed to be as embarrassed as if she were suddenly naked.

"Two other young ladies, who were employed as professional foot-ticklers, took their place at the foot of the couch, as the victimised young woman began to squirm. At this point the Czarina gave a command that was interpreted to me as meaning: Let the teasing begin, and do not let it cease until I give the command.

"Now one of the ticklers produced a small brush, and the other used the tips of her fingers as they began to torment the hapless young maiden. The girl's reaction to her tickling was so immediate and violent that it was apparent she would not long endure this cruel treatment. She struggled with such vigour as to shake the couch that held her securely. After several minutes her laughter and screaming seemed to be that of one demon possessed. Her wailing pleas of mercy seemed to incite pleasure in the audience, but in none so much as Catherine, herself, who seemed to grow quite excited at the poor girl's suffering. The absolute despair in her tortured and almost unintelligible utterings caused great pity in me.

"It is delicate torture, one that most Englishmen apply with great delight to the feet and sides of their daughters and youthful wives. I thought of my own little daughter and the wonderful laughter I had forced from her by gentle teasing of her tiny feet and toes. How unlike that loving parental teasing this was!

"I must admit to being impressed by the skill of the professional ticklers. The woman with the brush seemed to know each and every possible nuance of the sole of her victim’s foot. Her stroking was very deliberate and planned, taking care to the brushing of the sides and tips of each toe, following the lines of the arch with artistic accuracy, even though the foot was squirming and jerking about in desperation. She seemed able to anticipate the movement of each jerk. The girl who was using her fingers seemed equally adept in stroking, nay, caressing the sole in wave after wave of maddening ten-finger coordination.

"After about an hour or longer, the girl was so hoarse from shrieking, screaming, and laughing that only guttural sounds emerged from a face that seemed more a mask of over-indulged panic and certain death. Several courtiers began pleading with the Czarina that the girl would soon indeed be dead, and she reluctantly ordered cessation. Still the girl took some time to recover, as did the spectators. I never heard the frightened girl utter another word.”

This is one of the hottest "mainstream" things ever chronicled, if true. A quick google search of some key phrases in the story brought me to 1976's The Sex Life of the Foot and Shoe by Dr. William A. Rossi. I also did some keyword searching for a "Sir Robert Ownsley" but didn't come up with anything other than what's in this book, which unfortunately doesn't have any pages actually scanned online anywhere. That doesn't mean Ownsley didn't exist of course, but I'd love to know the raw source material for this anecdote.

Does anyone have a realworld copy of this book? Its pages have never been scanned online. Perhaps there are footnotes (pun intended, ha ha) in the back?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/532911.The_Sex_Life_of_the_Foot_and_Shoe

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back