• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Let's talk superhero movies!

BritishSteel

1st Level Red Feather
Which is your favourite, and why do you like it so much?

I'll start the ball rolling by vouching for 'Batman Returns', because, for some reason, it rarely seems to be mentioned as one of the classics. It's got a very strong cast, a great, if slightly OTT storyline, and I also think that Danny Devito's Penguin is definitely one of the more unique and unhinged portrayals of a comic-book villain! :flapflap::flapflap:

Also, I'd give an honourable mention to the first 'Superman' movie from 1978. Not the slickest or most glitzy superhero movie ever, but anchored by a brilliant, memorable performance from Christopher Reeve :)

I'm not a massive fan of the genre, but I do quite like both of Tim Burton's Batman films. And yes, Danny DeVito was creepy as hell as The Penguin!

Deadpool for me for sure. I was just so happy to see him finally on the silver screen. Ryan Reynolds is truly Deadpool

I really enjoyed Man of Steel. Michael Shannon's portrayal of Zod was excellent.

Best Superhero films I've seen so far in my lifetime:

X-Men: Days of Future Past
X-Men: Apocalypse
Logan
The Avengers
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy (Vol. II)
Spiderman: Homecoming
Deadpool
Batman (1989)
Batman Begins
Batman: Dark Knight
Superman Returns
Superman: Man of Steel
Wonder Woman
Watchmen

I'm also very excited for Avengers: Infinity War (Parts 1 & 2) and Justice League! I just wish JL would have Martian Manhunter in it (right now he's still part of the Supergirl franchise).

Last edited:
I'll start the ball rolling by vouching for 'Batman Returns', because, for some reason, it rarely seems to be mentioned as one of the classics. It's got a very strong cast, a great, if slightly OTT storyline, and I also think that Danny Devito's Penguin is definitely one of the more unique and unhinged portrayals of a comic-book villain! :flapflap::flapflap:

I like both of Burton's Batman movies, but I prefer the first one. There are a few things that bother me in Batman: Returns, namely an underused Christopher Walken, a plot that unfolds a bit too fast at the expense of suspense, and disappointing henchmen. I mean, Burton has all the right in the world to show us "his" version of The Penguin, but why did the henchmen have to be clowns again? The way I see the Penguin, he's more of a 1930's Capone-style villain, so should have gangster-like grunts. These on the other hand looked like they belonged more with the Joker.

That does not make Batman: Returns a bad film by any stretch though. Michelle Pfeiffer's Selina Kyle is still the best and sexiest version of the character (Meeeow!!), the ending is perfect and the movie contains a great satire of politics and the media, in a style reminiscent of Paul Verhoeven's work. The scene where The Penguin is being "coached" by media experts is priceless fun :laughhard: And naturally, I'd take Burton's vision over any of the Shumacher garbage (although Batman and Robin is fun if you desperately need something to laugh at, I guess).

Back on topic, there have been really good superhero movies lately. I loved the Nolan version of Batman, and some of the latest Marvels, especially the first two Captain America. Ant-Man was fun and original (many people including me thought the comic book to be unadaptable), but my favorite superhero movie has to be X-Men: First Class. Just like the title says: first-class work, IMO.

Last edited:
Ant-Man was fun and original (many people including me thought the comic book to be unadaptable), but my favorite superhero has to be X-Men: First Class. Just like the title says: first-class work, IMO.

I personally loved Days of Future Past. The Sentinels (Mark X) were pretty damn fearsome and as always Patrick's and Hugh's acting was phenomenal. :D

My favorite was probably X-Men First Class. I really enjoyed the tone, almost like a caper movie like Ocean's 11 but with super powers.

And it's weird to talk about the cinematography in a superhero movie, but I thought this movie LOOKED really good. All of the different locations had a distinct look, like when Magneto went to South America, the bar looked like it was from a completely different movie, with a more golden sun, and thick air and slow-moving people.

It had a very strong sense of time and place - it wasn't just a bunch of people with superpowers slamming into each other for 90 minutes.

I like both of Burton's Batman movies, but I prefer the first one. There are a few things that bother me in Batman: Returns, namely an underused Christopher Walken, a plot that unfolds a bit too fast at the expense of suspense, and disappointing henchmen. I mean, Burton has all the right in the world to show us "his" version of The Penguin, but why did the henchmen have to be clowns again? The way I see the Penguin, he's more of a 1930's Capone-style villain, so should have gangster-like grunts. These on the other hand looked like they belonged more with the Joker.

That does not make Batman: Returns a bad film by any stretch though. Michelle Pfeiffer's Selina Kyle is still the best and sexiest version of the character (Meeeow!!), the ending is perfect and the movie contains a great satire of politics and the media, in a style reminiscent of Paul Verhoeven's work. The scene where The Penguin is being "coached" by media experts is priceless fun :laughhard: And naturally, I'd take Burton's vision over any of the Shumacher garbage (although Batman and Robin is fun if you desperately need something to laugh at, I guess).

Back on topic, there have been really good superhero movies lately. I loved the Nolan version of Batman, and some of the latest Marvels, especially the first two Captain America. Ant-Man was fun and original (many people including me thought the comic book to be unadaptable), but my favorite superhero has to be X-Men: First Class. Just like the title says: first-class work, IMO.

I agree....but his henchmen were the red triangle gang, which while featured clowns also had many other circus freaks as well, and raised him because of his looks as a circus freak

I loved Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. My favorite scene in the series was the first meeting of Batman and Bane, where Bane methodically dismantled the Dark Night. Also a big fan of all the recent Spiderman variations. I think Henry Cahill did a stand up job as the man of steel.

I have to admit though, when Ben Affleck was cast as the latest Batman, I was extremely disappointed. Never really a fan of his, and I always thought he got to where he is in Hollywood, piggybacking off of Matt Damon's success. That being said, I think he actually did ok with the new role.

In general, I think we all benefit immensely from CGI technology, when it comes to this genre of films. It's truly amazing how epic the battle scenes are now, compared to when I was a kid growing up, where you could actually see the cables lifting Christopher Reeves up.

My favorite was probably X-Men First Class. I really enjoyed the tone, almost like a caper movie like Ocean's 11 but with super powers.

And it's weird to talk about the cinematography in a superhero movie, but I thought this movie LOOKED really good. All of the different locations had a distinct look, like when Magneto went to South America, the bar looked like it was from a completely different movie, with a more golden sun, and thick air and slow-moving people.

It had a very strong sense of time and place - it wasn't just a bunch of people with superpowers slamming into each other for 90 minutes.

My thoughts exactly! IMO, great cinematography transcends all genres. I've seen botanical documentaries which had impressive camera work!

I also think the use of the Cold War setting and missile crisis plot was not only well done, but also executed at the exact right pace. It is hard to create suspense in superhero movies, a sense of urgency in a genre laden with "save the day" tropes, yet this one succeeded! The stellar cast was also a treat (especially Michael Fassbender with his outlandish handsomeness!): they managed the double feat of redefining characters that have been done to death while staying true the essence of them.

Batman Returns was okay but Penguin's plan to bomb Gotham Square with remote controlled penguins with miniature rockets tied to their backs? Ugh, that was painful to watch.

And don't get me started on the agonizing train wreck that was Batman & Robin. I'll sum it up in three words. Bat Credit Card.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to bang my head against a wall for twenty minutes to try to get that last sentence out of my memory.

And don't get me started on the agonizing train wreck that was Batman & Robin. I'll sum it up in three words. Bat Credit Card.

Demotivational - Bat Credit Card.jpg

I don't mean to torture you; I really don't. I usually only torture girls. Buuuut I'd like to talk about Batman and Robin some more :devil:

It is so bad it looks almost like it was made so on purpose. I be hard-pressed to single out any aspect of the movie that worked. Everything was terrible, literally everything. Acting. Cast. Camerawork. Even the damn colors on the set. Nothing worked. I am gonna add to the list of Schwarzenegger's bad puns on ice and say that Batman & Robin was a "pain in the ice" to watch :rolleyes: It is all the more surprising that it came from a really good director.

Okay, this is really gonna sound like I am salting your wounds ILuvDebonairDamsels, but do you remember one of the first lines in Batman Forever? "Master Wayne, what about your dinner?" "I'll take the drive-through!". Even Adam West wouldn't have dared, lol :D

View attachment 541014

I don't mean to torture you; I really don't. I usually only torture girls. Buuuut I'd like to talk about Batman and Robin some more :devil:

It is so bad it looks almost like it was made so on purpose. I be hard-pressed to single out any aspect of the movie that worked. Everything was terrible, literally everything. Acting. Cast. Camerawork. Even the damn colors on the set. Nothing worked. I am gonna add to the list of Schwarzenegger's bad puns on ice and say that Batman & Robin was a "pain in the ice" to watch :rolleyes: It is all the more surprising that it came from a really good director.

Okay, this is really gonna sound like I am salting your wounds ILuvDebonairDamsels, but do you remember one of the first lines in Batman Forever? "Master Wayne, what about your dinner?" "I'll take the drive-through!". Even Adam West wouldn't have dared, lol :D

My revenge shall be swift as the eagle and silent as the mantis. :p

I am doomed! Doomed! Oh wait, hadn't you said that before when I posted that joke about Pathfinder?

My plans for vengeance were temporarily put on halt as my armies attempted to conquer Nebraska. Rest assured, VENGEANCE IS COMING FORTHWITH! ;) :D

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back