• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cassini, 1997- 2017.

What an incredible technological achievement. If only we could apply all the brilliant minds in the world to improving life on Earth instead of developing new and improved ways to kill each other...

https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/grand-finale/overview/

If we're waiting for that to happen, we might as well be waiting for Godot.....

(doesn't feel like 20 years, does it? 20 years just flew by like that!)

That Cassini...had something to do with science, right? Shows what we are capable of doing, when we put our minds to it. We likely won't see much more like that in the near future, thanks to all those pols who don't believe in science.

That Cassini...had something to do with science, right? Shows what we are capable of doing, when we put our minds to it. We likely won't see much more like that in the near future, thanks to all those pols who don't believe in science.

RDHD, it's as if you were the loudspeaker for my mind! :D I was waiting for someone to chime in that Cassini was just the media hype, and that they staged all that stuff with dioramas! So that they could sell books! :laughhard:

If only we could apply all the brilliant minds in the world to improving life on Earth instead of developing new and improved ways to kill each other...

If we're waiting for that to happen, we might as well be waiting for Godot.....

Maybe, but this first application of a biological Prime Directive, steering one of our prize technological creations into a fiery death rather than risk it contaminating a vulnerable alien world, gives me a little hope for our own presumably doomed species. I doubt any kind of souped-up machine intelligence would be so considerate, even if it did have a "morality module."

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back