• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

whats the weather like near you?! :)

The Internet

2nd Level Green Feather
Hey gang! Hey! Hi! :) lolololololol

Since we're all from somewhere else, would love to know: what's the weather like near you today? Each day! Would love to know!

Here, I'll start!

Today is September 16 and it's a muggy 79 degrees (above average! Oof!).

I was just in a Chinese takeout, and as I was waiting, the guy behind the counter came out and closed the open door and put on the air-conditioning.

"Too hot today!" he complained.

Yeah I know", I answered.

Yesterday it was sunny. And 81 degrees! (above average) The day before also! All week in fact!

I was crossing the street yesterday and as I did, I passed my friend Nick. I said "Hey Nick, nice day!"

Nick said, "Ahhh, too hot for me....too hot for me."

'yeah i guess it is", I replied.

So, what's the weather like by you?!

Hope you had a great summer! Kisses! Toodles!

Last edited:
It was a cooler summer than average. My extra electricity cost from air conditioning for June, July, and August was less than half what it usually is.

Today was hotter than normal, in the low 80's.

If you are truly interested in the weather in different places, all you need to do is put a zip code into the appropriate spot near the top of this page:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/New+York+NY+USNY0996:1:US

It was a cooler summer than average. My extra electricity cost from air conditioning for June, July, and August was less than half what it usually is.

Today was hotter than normal, in the low 80's.

If you are truly interested in the weather in different places, all you need to do is put a zip code into the appropriate spot near the top of this page:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/New+York+NY+USNY0996:1:US

Yes! We didn't have a summer this year! Amazing, right? I loved it; breezy and moody. Lots and lots of rain. The only hot days were days that had those torrential rainstorms. August was super rainy! I watched a friends' apartment for two weeks in August, it rained almost the entire time I was there. (Last year was a mild summer also though not like this one!) (on the other hand, the Pacific Northwest - where no one has ever had to bother about air conditioning before.....104 degree days)

You're right, it was hotter than normal yesterday! In fact, the whole week was that way, all week was in the 80s. It's as if summer skipped the summer....but spread itself over the entire year. Right? The winter was hot, too; it got up to the 70s in February! Last winter was the same way; remember when it plummeted to 10 below (a record low)...and then jet up to the upper 60s two days later?

Spring was SUPER hot and humid, it was in the 80s in April and May! Just like the year before it. That's like very year now, spring and autumn are muggy and hot. (two or three ago we had a nice autumn....I guess seasonable weather is not "unseasonable" weather, and vice versa)

You grew up in NYC, right Mils? Ever remember sweating your ass off in school? I only remember sweating my ass off on the last week of school, in June. Of course, if you were supposed to sweat your ass of in September-May, they would have put air conditioning in the New York schools. Ever remember sweating in your Halloween costume?

One year I was the Cowardly Lion who famously said:

(ps: believe it or not, I actually know how to check the weather on websites, been on the internet a long time, but thanks! It's more fun to hear -and give testimonials! Some people like Silly Stuff ("Charles Bronson!" "Caesar Romero!" "Charro!"); I like bullshitting about the weather! Go figure....

I lived in the Bronx ages 0 to 7 and then in nearby New Jersey (9 miles west of the George Washington Bridge) ages 7 to 18.

Yes, I do remember sweltering in school sometimes in September and sometimes in June. My local elementary school and high school had no air conditioning then and sometimes the indoor temperature was well above 80 with high humidity. Some days were so hot that gym class was canceled by order of the principal so that nobody would collapse from exertion in the heat. (This enraged one particular gym teacher who was a former marine and thought that we were being coddled.)

Sadly, sandals were forbidden in the dress code of our school system, so I didn't even have the compensation of looking at the young women's feet during hot days.

Here in Atlanta, it's been kinda moderate this summer - not overly hot, as in the past (helps with the 'lectric bill). Of course, this past week we had Irma come thru and mess things up for a few days. I don't wish that on anyone, yet there is another projected to follow the same path. May it fall apart. Today was back into the 80's, where we should be this time of year.

85 here right now and feels pretty good. This afternoon it was 91 or 92 with high humidity. A couple of weeks ago we had five beautiful days of highs in the mid to low 80's, low humidity and a nice cool breeze out of the North. Then Summer came back. :(

Here in Beijing, the weather is awesome! Autumn is the best season to be here; we have about 25°C today (Sept 18th), no humidity and the sunlight is golden with a beautiful blue sky. The Lama Temple, Sky Platform and Tian An Men look absolutely stunning under this light; unfortunately I am stuck at work, lol.

If anyone wants to visit Beijing, I really recommend a September to late October visit as it is really the best time! Additional info: it seldom rains here, maybe in total 20 days every year, most of the ties in Summer.

This enraged one particular gym teacher who was a former marine and thought that we were being coddled.

I LOVE this anecdote! So American :D If only we had former Marines teaching our kids in France, our country wouldn't be at the rock bottom of History. *sigh*

Sadly, sandals were forbidden in the dress code of our school system, so I didn't even have the compensation of looking at the young women's feet during hot days.

Aw! I went to Catholic school for my whole education, but we did not have such a strict dress code. Sandals were not only authorized but even encouraged, at least for girls (I have vague memories of boys asked not to wear them, but it wasn't strictly enforced in any case). It was one hell of a distraction, particularly during the decade between 7-17 when little hormonally-charged me had to struggle to pay attention to anything else. The worst was that girls were allowed to take off their shoes freely in class during hot days (we did not have A/C either; even though we could have had it, my school was kind of traditional) and it was hard to listen to the teacher when I could practically hear tens of cute toes wiggling in the air right under the tables. So close and yet so far! My wife often jokes that this is the reason why I am very focused when I do something: I had one hell of a training :D

In a way, I think you can be grateful for the "no sandals" rule: it allowed you to graduate with high scores because you remained focused on your studies! :laughhard:

Woo-hoo, Lordy, it's 90 degrees today! Record high! It was over 80 most of the week (and above average every day except Monday, which was seasonal). 80 degrees.....but with a beautiful warm breeze.

You? (non NYC people, of course...)

It's like a swamp here in Broome County. All the bugs finally decided to come back to life too. Multiverse almighty I hate this weather we're having right now!

Weather's been weird enough this year that I saw some lightnig bugs (fire flies) the other night (wrong time of year...). Climate change has even goofed them up.

Today was sunny and hot in NYC. High near 90. It's very hot for this time of year.

Weather's been weird enough this year that I saw some lightnig bugs (fire flies) the other night (wrong time of year...). Climate change has even goofed them up.

It's like a swamp here in Broome County. All the bugs finally decided to come back to life too. Multiverse almighty I hate this weather we're having right now!

Ok, so it's not just me! lol.

It was hot again today, tomorrow it's supposed to fall.....to 83! lol. Its nice right now, though. We have had a strong breeze literally all summer, a constant wind. Didn't have any wind in March or April, though. That was muggy and hot. February was crazy, I took pictures of people wearing shorts.
Like this guy, I went up to him and asked if I could take his picture. He couldn't believe the weather either. This was February 27.
20170218_170908.jpg
Some of these are February 24 and you have to look at them full size, but notice the women with bare backs and shoulders, flip flops, t-shirts.....I don't usually photograph strangers, I just couldn't believe my eyes.
20170224_113737.jpg
20170224_111259.jpg
20170224_115237.jpg
20170218_134914.jpg

Basically it's been a year - yet another year - of unseasonable weather.

(watch: the first day it's seasonal, some other folk are going to suddenly show up on this thread, lol. "See? This is a brown leaf!"lol)

Geesh, I haven't seen a lightning bug in decades. When I was a kid we used to collect Mason jars full of them. Could darn near use the jar like a flashlight.

Anyway, it was 83 here but humid with scattered showers. That's the forecast until the weekend, then highs in the high 70's low 80's with low humidity. :happyfloa

Geesh, I haven't seen a lightning bug in decades. When I was a kid we used to collect Mason jars full of them. Could darn near use the jar like a flashlight.

Me too! Idyllic times. Running around catching fireflies the summer "Band On The Run" came out.....i don't know why, I have a memory of that song on a transistor radio while chasing after them with a jar.

Oh to light my true love's face with a lamp of fireflies.....hey, that could be a lyric! Or a sonnet! Or just a cool thing to do!

Jeez, it was super muggy and hot this morning, and now it's 85 degrees hot, another record high! "real feel" is 92! The average temp for this day is 70 degrees, (which even that feels high....until I realize that it's been on this trend since the early 90s, which is when I first perceived it. Almost 30 years ago, jeesh....seems like.......15!)

Awww, what a cute image :bubbleheart: Reminds me of the movie "Pitch Black"

Me too! Idyllic times. Running around catching fireflies the summer "Band On The Run" came out.....i don't know why, I have a memory of that song on a transistor radio while chasing after them with a jar.

Oh to light my true love's face with a lamp of fireflies.....hey, that could be a lyric! Or a sonnet! Or just a cool thing to do!

Awww, what a cute image :bubbleheart: Reminds me of the movie "Pitch Black"

Back then my hometown was pretty small. We lived in the house my parents built when my father came home from Japan after the war.

There was a small creek behind the house lined with Weeping Willow trees. Sometimes, the fireflies were so thick just swiping a jar in the air could net a good catch. There wasn't much artificial light in town then, and running around in the night with the Milky Way shining in all its glory is a memory I'll never forget. Idyllic times indeed. And transistor radios, that's another set of memories..

Back on topic, its 76 degrees with a light rain falling. Very nice. :)

Bugman - many don't know the thrill of an unpolluted night sky (meaning from all the local streetlights,etc). Go to the boonies and look at the night sky,, compared to where you live. Yep. And, the local weather here is getting warm again....about 90 daytime. Supposed to cool down this weekend - we'll see.

Bugman - many don't know the thrill of an unpolluted night sky (meaning from all the local streetlights,etc).

Yes, how sad.

Go to the boonies and look at the night sky,, compared to where you live. Yep. And, the local weather here is getting warm again....about 90 daytime. Supposed to cool down this weekend - we'll see.

If anyone can do that without feeling a sense of awe and wonder, they should have their pulse checked. Little wonder ancient cultures populated the nighttime sky with gods and goddesses.

Beautiful autumnal weather, yesterday and today! Crisp air, it feels like the first seasonal days of the year. Other than a snowstorm we had in February or March. Two days later it was back to 70 degrees....which is what's supposed to happen tomorrow, actually.

Supposed to hit almost 80 degrees on Wed (Oct 4)!

But definitely enjoying two days of my favorite season.

Right now, Cloudy skies, and 60 degrees F.

They say it might rain later today.

Tomorrow is going to be beautiful. Sunny and in the 60s F

We finally got a taste of Fall today. The high was 85 (normal for this time of year) but we had a bright blue sky, low humidity and a nice gentle breeze. Bug want more. :D

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back