• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Meeting New People

hr1989

I have always been an introvert of sorts. Staying to myself does have its benefits (like no drama or trouble with anyone), however, it does have its drawbacks like loneliness and discomfort on certain things. It seems like there is not a lot of people that is into tickling for that matter. I am not sure why I am drawn to it. It seems weird to me. However, the more I checked in with the whole tickling fetish as some would call it, I have noticed tickling as a fetish more popularized in other areas of the country (like New York), than here locally. I am curios if there is more people than I thought into tickling and they are not being more open about it. Does anyone else feel like that? How do you go about meeting people? I just do not want to come across as creepy. I would never want to hurt anyone or anything or put them in any danger.

Disclaimer: I have always had trouble putting thoughts into words. So any post and/or thread does not make sense, that is probably why.

Have a great day,

Switch

If your post didn't have your name (or nickname) on top of it - I may have mistakenly thought I was the one to have written it!

Yes, being an introvert seem like an obstacle in life in general, and more so when one is required to put themselves out there in order to find those rare like minded individuals like them.

As you probably understand, I am not one to give any advice about how to meet new people :)
But yes, there may be some good news I may offer, and that is that I, too, suspect that a tickling fetish - is more prevalent then it seems, and that many people are in the closet about it.

At least I am not the only one who feels like that. I often wonder why others closet that part of them (their fetish). I too, wonder about that about myself.

I can think of two possible reasons.

1. They are afraid of rejection on many levels.

2. Since tickling is linked with sexual exploits and/or endeavors, sexual sorts are private matters than by default they close it (closet) from the outside world.

On a side note, I do not want others being creeped out by me knowing of my interest with tickling.

I can not think of anything else. Smh. Ita kibd of mysterious almost like an enigma.

https://youtu.be/oLpycpwRE8g

As much as I don't want to give what I think is superficial/stereotypical advice, this is basically it.

Some people have said "you have no control of it anyway so don't think about it. Fetlife, this forum, etc, it's nice, but I'm afraid it's just some kind of mental play. Thinking about how to meet people/situate how to position someone so you can tickle them, well, if you want them, go get them. THEN see if you get the brush off. I could be full of it, but if I were following advice like I'm the link, maybe I'd get farther. I know I generally practice what's preached in public and people think I'm basically positive.

I have always been an introvert of sorts. Staying to myself does have its benefits (like no drama or trouble with anyone), however, it does have its drawbacks like loneliness and discomfort on certain things. It seems like there is not a lot of people that is into tickling for that matter.

Greetings and welcome from a fellow introvert.

Yes, being an introvert seem like an obstacle in life in general, and more so when one is required to put themselves out there in order to find those rare like minded individuals like them.

As you probably understand, I am not one to give any advice about how to meet new people :)

But you give very good advice, even if indirectly. Putting oneself "out there" is tremendously tough for us introverts, and even more so for those of us who are excessively shy too (contrary to popular perception, shyness and introversion are not the same things and don't necessarily accompany each other). Yet in my experience, dragging myself to a real-life munch or gathering, no matter how much the very thought triggers a panic attack in me that makes me want to flee to the hills (going to an event next weekend, in fact, and I'm already hyperventilating) is simply the most promising way to truly connect with other fetishists. The great leap forward represented by the online world is all well and good and often works, but I really believe most people, even young 'uns, use the various social media tools haphazardly and inefficiently and there's still just no substitute for in-person interaction, with all due respect to Skype and Snapchat.

To wit:

I, too, suspect that a tickling fetish - is more prevalent then it seems, and that many people are in the closet about it

Agreed; in our time it still seems more acceptable to come out as a general BDSMer or a spanking aficionado rather than a fan of tickling, sexual or even not. And not only do I think you're right about our fetish having a great silent majority, but my guess is that a very small percentage of our fellows and fellowesses have actually even discovered these marvelous online watering holes like the TMF and FetLife.

I have noticed tickling as a fetish more popularized in other areas of the country (like New York)

The dastardly ambiguity of the name New York again. As most people think of when they hear it, you probably meant New York City and its environs, and certainly there's a lot of activity, so it appears, of our kind there as one would expect for such a megalopolis. But N.Y. State proper contains vast reaches of rural, remote and underpopulated areas like where I grew up and scattered, moderately-sized "cities" such as the one I currently call home. Consequently, even a shut-in like me is aware of dearth of overt and probably covert ticklephiles here Upstate, though as I understand it there is some life around the Buffalo area and a fairly vibrant community used to exist around Albany and Saratoga Springs (formerly the locus of annual Super Bowl-time gatherings).

Check out fetlife snd whiplr. Having a thought provoking, well written, fully filled out profile with puctures (face can be blocked out) also helps people be more likely to reach out.

I ran a quick fetlife search and found a handful of groups in your area of NY. (Grew up in Rochester, I feel your city assumption pain!) They are not tickling specific, but you might find tickle friendly kinksters.

I ran a quick fetlife search and found a handful of groups in your area of NY. (Grew up in Rochester, I feel your city assumption pain!) They are not tickling specific, but you might find tickle friendly kinksters.

So cool--Rochester, the Paris of Upstate N.Y.!*

Thanks for searching, and I probably belong to all those groups already; there's even one for the priggish little area I live in. But even in the established kinkster scene in this region, such as it is, those who share our particular leaning seem few and far between. Again, I really believe there are many more natural 'lers and 'lees under the radar tragically deprived even in this Information Age of the revelation that their ideal opposites actually exist. Not even to mention switches.

*Sorry, Buffalo, you're more like the Warsaw. But at least you're not Utica, Upstate's answer to Sarajevo (was born there, Utica I mean, so I can get away with that).

And to belabor this lame jest even further than anyone could ever deem necessary, we've already got a Rome here.

There is actually a Warsaw here too, albeit no comparison to the one in Europe. I always equated us more to Lichtenstein though :D

1. From reading about how many people may not know about TMF which is a major possibility considering the statistics of how many people they are in the White-European Oriented countries like United States and United Kingdom which from what I seen the two most represented places on this forum. The numbers swell to about 400 million people and TMF has approx. 127,000 users world wide. Which means we as TMF forum users don't even represent 1% of the population. We would have to gain over 3.8 users on this forum just to make 1%. From statistical data I can see, most tickle fetishist have yet to be either discovered or educated on what our tickling community brings. On a positive note, that means there is vast opportunities that have yet been discovered.

2. When I was referring to New York. I was talking about the state as a whole. I know that not all things New York is not New York City. It seems like the whole area is more tickle dense than most areas in the country. This is based on my browsing this forum. There is several gatherings in that area.

3. Putting yourself out there is key with many different aspects being a person who may seek to be more comfortable with themselves and to be accepted by others. It takes courage and confidence to do just that. In doing that, on a positive note, can grow the tickling community.

4. In joining places like Fetlife or any other kinky mediums online, there is an overall fear that there might be bad apples like rapist and people that want to take advantage over someone vulnerable in a dangerous way. Due to the scary and evil very few that harm others, it could drive people to being less receptive towards any kind of kink where trust and respect comes into question. (I hope that I found the right words for that) Society has a funny way in magnifying the bad 1% verses augmenting the 99% percent good. There is a lot of negative stigmas towards kinky like lifestyles, not to mention stereotypes as well. I am sure if you hangout with people like Taylor Raz or Addie Juniper or anyone else that share their interest with TMF and fetishes abroad, you could and/or would discover that you would have more things in common than just tickling or fetishes for that matter. (I know that my thought process is complex smh.) People especially who are not well educated in diverse cultures, tend to be more fearful and closet their ideas when it comes being open about their kinks.

5. Fear of rejection. Considering my thought process of numbers 3 and 4, people want to be validated and want a sense of belonging. Still not certain as to why kinks like spanking and oral sex is more popularized turn on than tickling.

Last edited:
lose your shame, guilt and ego and you will be more outgoing. People appreciate honesty, even if they react salty it just reinforces your stance on tickling and it gives you an oppurtunity to debate a bit. But in my experience only people who you aren't on good graces with will react in a rude manner. I am not shy in least, I am always the loudest and most vibrant person in the room, but when I was younger I spoke to NO ONE. EVER. So, there are practices you can do to become less introvert at times. I don't believe I shed my introverted ways entirely. But now I use it more as a tool for energy saving/gathering.
You got this! Go get your tickling partner(s)

There is actually a Warsaw here too, albeit no comparison to the one in Europe.

Yes, and a Poland, and a Mexico too. Upstate N.Y.--so cosmopolitan.

I always equated us more to Lichtenstein though :D

I get it, the Niagara Frontier does remind one of that European principality, what with all the castles and mountains. Carl Paladino would make a lousy Prince, though; I guess for a royal couple you'd have to go with the Pegulas.

From statistical data I can see, most tickle fetishist have yet to be either discovered or educated on what our tickling community brings. On a positive note, that means there is vast opportunities that have yet been discovered...

3. Putting yourself out there is key with many different aspects being a person who may seek to be more comfortable with themselves and to be accepted by others. It takes courage and confidence to do just that. In doing that, on a positive note, can grow the tickling community.

I admire your optimism. Alien though it might be to me, a founding member of Pessimist International, whose club meetings begin with our own version of the Serenity Prayer: "God, never mind the wisdom and courage, we already know we're screwed AF."

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back